Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

I bought a 50 pound bag of sunflower seed and a hummingbird feeder.
Once you hang the feeder and fill it with nectar, you can sit nearby and eat sunflower seeds as you watch the hummingbirds dart about.

I went to the pharmacy today and got some bubble bath (partly because my mother kept forgetting, partly because I wanted to go out of the house). So many people not following the six-foot rule. Some got close enough to me that I "accidentally" smacked them in the leg with my cane.

I went to the pharmacy today and got some bubble bath (partly because my mother kept forgetting, partly because I wanted to go out of the house). So many people not following the six-foot rule. Some got close enough to me that I "accidentally" smacked them in the leg with my cane.

Do you have your own mask?

No. I heard they don't really prevent you from getting it anyways, just from transmitting it to others.

No. I heard they don't really prevent you from getting it anyways, just from transmitting it to others.

If a person is wearing pants it is rather improbable for him to piss on the other person, if other person is wearing pants too, it is yet even less possible for him to be pissed upon.

Since i haven't been able to play golf yet since retiring. ARRRRG
I bought myself a retirement gift. A 77" SONY OLED TV set. It is spectacular.
As long as have to stay at home I might as well enjoy it.

So you're 1000% sure your not an asymptomatic carrier? :sad:

I've not really left the apartment (except for going to get the mail) since March. Though it's possible that my mother may have caught it and passed it on to me.

I bought a bike.

Then my wife got jealous (she was riding her 20 year old bike from middle school) so we got her one too.

Hers is way nicer of course lol.

It's slim pickings for bikes around here so I kinda had to settle. I kinda wanted to go up a size from a 16" frame to an 18" but those weren't in stock anywhere, and I also wanted more of a cruiser than pure mountain bike but again no stock. So this one will be fine for riding around the trails with the kids. I just have to lean over a bit more than I want to.

We also got a trailer for my 3 year old to ride in and a weego bike attachment for her to ride on but she can't reach the pedals yet.

I bought a bike.

Then my wife got jealous (she was riding her 20 year old bike from middle school) so we got her one too.

It's slim pickings for bikes around here so I kinda had to settle. I kinda wanted to go up a size from a 16" frame to an 18" but those weren't in stock anywhere, and I also wanted more of a cruiser than pure mountain bike but again no stock. So this one will be fine for riding around the trails with the kids. I just have to lean over a bit more than I want to.

We also got a trailer for my 3 year old to ride in and a weego bike attachment for her to ride on but she can't reach the pedals yet.

how much did they cost? Here in Latvia you can go outside without a mask, but any public transport requires a mask, so bikes are good solution in summer. I plan buying one too.

I bought a bike.

HOW?

Bikes have been sold out here for months. The only ones in stock are $1000+ models. I've been trying to find one for the Mrs now that Zagster (bike rental service) is shut down.
edit: nvm I read the rest of your post

Mine was $280, wife's was $400. That is also part of the availability issue. If you want to get a high end bike and spend a grand then there are tons of options. All the entry level bikes are sold out everywhere cus people are stuck at home, weather is getting nicer, so everyone wants to go biking. The absolute cheapest I could find for a men's bike was around $200 but shipped, needs assembly. I got mine from Dicks sporting goods curbside so assembled and ready to go. My wife's was a nicer one/name brand cus they were all sold out of the cheaper ones.

HOW?

Bikes have been sold out here for months. The only ones in stock are $1000+ models. I've been trying to find one for the Mrs now that Zagster (bike rental service) is shut down.
edit: nvm I read the rest of your post

I just kept refreshing Dick's webpage like twice a day, found one in stock 20 mins from my house and bought it right away. Like I said, it's not exactly what I wanted, but for the money I wanted to spend I couldn't be picky.

Where do you live again, Irving CA? If you want to drive 80 miles the one I bought her is available.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...ike-16scww700cldsschwdsb/16scww700cldsschwdsb

Looks like it's also available to ship. Better get on that hobbs!

Last edited:
Top Bottom