Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

Can't tell if serious, but, aluminum has no taste. Cans are objectively superior to bottles: you get the same amount of beer, at the same price (or sometimes even a bit cheaper), they don't take up as much space, they stack, they can be opened easily with just one hand, and, most importantly, they're completely opaque, meaning there's no risk of skunking from light-exposure.

I guess so but canned beer just drinks differently than bottled beer. I think it has to do with the shape of the can, not the material. Because I really enjoy those aluminum bottles with the large mouth openings, but rolling rock from a bottle tastes much better than the canned version, however both taste the same when poured into a glass. It must be the aeration or something.

These are really awesome. The cap even screws back on so if you're at an event you can prevent spills, or if you're setting your beer down for a minute and worry some kids will knock it over.

I lost a vape pen I use for cannabis with a full cartridge. On the bright side, the cartridge itself turned out to be garbage so I don't miss it. I was trying a cheaper brand and well, there's a clear reason why it's cheaper.

I bought a new pen and will have to schlep over to the dispensary to buy a cartridge when it comes. There's no dispensaries allowed in Irvine so it's a bit of a drive. They do allow cannabis deliveries here but I am not comfortable with that for some reason.

I bought a new Swiffer Wet Jet.

Apparently they are now "assembly required."

I bought a new pen and will have to schlep over to the dispensary to buy a cartridge when it comes. There's no dispensaries allowed in Irvine so it's a bit of a drive. They do allow cannabis deliveries here but I am not comfortable with that for some reason.

Fwiw I get those (deliveries) here in DC and I've never had a problem.

I need some advice, I really need to buy a new wireless adapter for my computer, my current one just isn't good enough. My internet is 100 mbs, but I'm only getting about 20 here, because my office is on a different floor and on the other side of my house from my internet modem. My current thing I'm using is a little usb stick I plug in and allows me to connect, but it's not really stable or fast at all. I have a nice router I paid like $250 for, and like my work computer and my phone get really good speeds, just my personal computer which is really annoying me.

Do any of you who know more than I do about these things (which is almost nothing, lol) have any suggestions on what I should get for my computer?

Thank you so kindly!

They sell wireless routers that come with repeaters to make it easier to cover your whole house. Probably at least as expensive as the router you already have, though. Try searching for repeaters that will work with the router you already have.

Do any of you who know more than I do about these things (which is almost nothing, lol) have any suggestions on what I should get for my computer?

Yeah, if your computer is on the opposite side of your house from where your wireless router/modem is I would suggest getting an extender (the same thing as a repeater right?) to boost the signal and see if that works.

You can also wire your router to the repeater so that there's minimal signal loss. Depending on the structure of your house, it can be as simple as running the wire up through a duct or drilling a single hole.

You can also wire your router to the repeater so that there's minimal signal loss. Depending on the structure of your house, it can be as simple as running the wire up through a duct or drilling a single hole.

If you want to go that route you could also see about wiring straight from your router to your computer. My roommate got a 50-ft ethernet cable to connect his PS4 in the basement with the router on the first floor for example.

I tried one of those signal bouncers once, and I couldn't get it to work. Drilling holes and running cables through my floors and such isn't something I feel comfortable with, lol.

I was hoping because my work laptop and my phone get full speeds here, that means I'm just using a weak plug in for my computer and I could just buy one that reaches my router.

Well that may very well be the case. Look for a WiFi adapter with a bigger antenna. If you can't tell what part of the adapter is the antenna, then it's buried inside the device, so look for a physically bigger device.

I was hoping because my work laptop and my phone get full speeds here, that means I'm just using a weak plug in for my computer and I could just buy one that reaches my router.

My wireless adapter is really similar to this:

I don't think that picture is the exact same one but it's the same general idea: a USB connection with a wire and then that angled thingy. My wireless source is directly above my computer, with one floor separating them, so I can't really say how well it will work with most of the house between your computer and the wireless source.

. Drilling holes and running cables through my floors and such isn't something I feel comfortable with, lol.

Also fwiw my roommate just ran his cable through the house, no holes drilled or anything.

I don't see any antennas on mine, it's just like a stick?

I found this one on Amazon, it looks like what you posted, do you feel this might be a good purchase for me?

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-AC12...50071320&sr=8-4&keywords=netgear+wifi+adapter

Unfortunately, there's no way to really tell whether it will have the range and power to give you a good connection through most of your house. I would look at some reviews of the products, try to look for people talking about "it goes through my walls!" and similar stuff.

If you have a USB 3.0 slot, plug it into that. And also connect to your router's 5GHZ band.

I get <500 kb/s on my router's 2.4GHZ band but over 10 mb/s on its 5GHZ.

Top Bottom