1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

To be honest: I haven't tested it ingame.
    It showed up in the Pedia, and as you said the XML looks correct. So I just assumed they would are working :sad:
    No idea what could be wrong then... Hydro?

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I have not been able to test either. :(

3. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I found the hero Po Ngbe (Olmec) requires Iron Ore OR Copper Ore. The heroes should all require wares, not ore. In fact he probably should require Bronze Wares too.

Also the War Cat seems to have a similar problem.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Wow you can't hunt seals in peat bogs until you have the Water Works tech! It is because the BUILD_CAMP action in the XML/Units folder Build Infos file has two feature entries that insist the peat bog is removed which requires canal systems!

5. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Could a hunting camp be placed and keep the peat bog?

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Can you clarify for me - is this a reproducible CTD, or simply a single minidump? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by different behaviour with different DLLs - do you mean that if you REPEAT the CTD with different DLLs you get different messages from the resulting different minidumps, or do you mean that if you analyse the single minidump (from SO) in the context of different DLLs you see different errors?

If the former, has anyone reproduced it in the debug build running under the debugger? That would be the way to track it in that case.

If the latter, the different message will simply result from an incorrect interpretation of the instruction pointer address, and is an artifact of analysing with incorrect PDB/DLL.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Siege rams are also 1 time use units now in the base Mod w/o using your options. So if you attack a cities defenses they get 1 shot and poof they are gone. They don't withdraw they get used up. They are almost useless because of this and their build cost is too high for this type of usage. They need a fix for standard C2C.

JosEPh

8. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

starting the game i have had at least 60 xml errors got tired of closing them seems to be air and sea promtions and attitudes causing it. just downloaded the svn this morning

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If you remove the peat bog wouldn't the animals leave because you have destroyed their habitat. I don't think there needs be anything about any terrain feature in the camp build definition.

10. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

It's the former.

It seems it only happens if you use a Dll with that error shown in the diassembly.

Or if you use the Debug(or a non corrupt Final_Release Dll) and load a save from a game played with such a corrupt Dll. Some existing units seem to be corrupt and cause a crash at the same place but with a different exception.

The initial crash never happened to me with the Debug Dll.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Rats! The Bear Rider has gone back to requiring the Palace or Forbidden Palace again. I am checking if clearing the cache fixes it.

12. Filochard

Filochard Chieftain

Perhaps, as I haven't seen a fix, my post (#1737) about the Heroic promotion wasn't sufisantly explicit about the problem, so here are the screenshots

1 and 2 are in the same game after rev 6974 showing that Dh tweak has no effects.
    The 3rd screenshot is from a anterior game showing that this 5% golden age bonus is really over powered.

In fact sometimes I have triggered a golden age just by killing a poor lonely worker. It's weird that this kind of kill count as something heroic.

I think it will be more realistic to have the 5% golden age bonus only if you win a fight with less than 50 or 60% winning chances. If it's not modable/possible then perhaps just give 1%

Attached Files:

13. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Well in general I don't think Seals or Seal Lions live in peat bogs in the first place. However since we don't have a beach tile its a little hard to place them on an appropriate tile other than it has to be coastal. I would say put the resource in the water but having gets around it like your fishing isn't right either.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

These were not intended to be optional. This was not my original idea but rather Nimek's (further defined in function then by yours truly) and was well discussed on the forum without the suggestion of it ever being optional. To make it optional at this point would take some serious thought as to where to draw a line there... would that option include other building effects like minimum defense? I could always go back and from the SVN recover the original versions and make these ram sets an option replacement.

Some tweaking could be useful. I can see making them a bit cheaper and a little stronger but they are supposed to make earlier warfare more difficult to carry through so as to slow the rate of conquest (and thus address the early steamroll effect) in the early game. It's intended to make the capture of a city a greater achievement.

I'll soon use them myself (since some repairs have made them a little stronger) and I'll be looking to see if they come across too weak.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is a problem with the Goody Islands. Units which have the tag set so that they don't have bad results from goody huts are still getting bad results from the islands. Looking at the Python code there is nothing that selects the result so it looks like it is something in the dll.

We do need to redo the Goody Hut mechanism at some point since the Islands don't scale for era and we wont want Space Probes of Alien Artifacts giving the same sort of result as normal huts.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Are you talking about the Combat Mod in general or the Options Size Matters and Fight or Flight? It was my understanding that these 2 mentioned Options were the 1st Parts of the Combat Mod as a whole. And the "whole" would be Optional just like REV is Optional. Apparently that is not how the team/you perceive it.

If it is not in fact tended to be optional, then I have a better understanding of why Vokarya left C2C. As he disagreed about making the Combat Mod default like I did about Hydro's Crime being Default. Because it will forever change what I call the "base/core" C2C game. I suppose then we shall see if I can adapt or not then. It is y'alls Mod after all now ain't it.

I actually came to post here to say that svn 7034 is the most stable version I've played for some time. I've had No Non repeating CTd's today on a New game I started and have been able to go from 50000Bc to 43000Bc to 15700Bc to 10110BC with out having to save every 4th turn. That is a Huge improvement. When I was supplying the series of MiniDumps I was ready to give up on C2C. It was **mn frustrating to have to save every turn or 2 and if you went 4 turns even with Autosave set to every turn I would still lose 1-2 turns on a game that I had invested many days on. A BIG Thanks to alberts2 and T-Brd and whomever else found and fixed those problems!

JosEPh

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What I'm saying is that the Rams are not part of the combat mod. Any part of it. I'd have to invent a new option to try to wrap the changes to those into it.

EDIT: To help you understand what I mean here... Out of respect for any other team member I have worked with on joint projects, I've only optionalized those things I'm entirely solely responsible for - those are the adjustments I've dubbed the C2C Combat Mod. I was thinking on this and realized you must be thinking all combat modifications in C2C fall under this header. For me, I don't mind my efforts being avoidable by players that would prefer to not have them in their games. But I know other modders don't feel so willing to enable this, such as Hydro's properties and buildings and SO's Heroes. So if I've worked with another modder or set of modders to empower their vision, which the ram adjustments were, then I'm not going to assume its cool to make that an option.

EDIT EDIT: And yes, I'm actually playing a game with my wife now and seeing NO OOS errors so far (except for one on an odd way we started the game so I don't blame the code for that one.) We're nearly through the prehistoric and zero crashes and zero OOS errors... this version is AMAZINGLY stable! I'm very thankful as well... some of that credit goes to the AND team too.

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I expect the others are waiting for me to get back and look into this.

19. zeinul

zeinul Warlord

mobster car has invisibility instead of hidden nationality

20. Harrier

Harrier Deity

SVN 7013.

Having built a 'fortified cave' (tile improvement) with a worker, I got the option to build a 'fortified cave with cache'. Which I did. I then got the option to build a 'fortified cave'. Reversing the better improvement (if it is?). It is a bit like moving a worker on to a village tile and being given the option of buildind a cottage. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.