Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

The game crash for this problem. Is there someone who can help me? Please.

Attachments

• Senza titolo-1.jpg
    Senza titolo-1.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 92
The game crash for this problem. Is there someone who can help me? Please.

What was it that the game was trying to get at?? Is this the release version or a SVN version?

We already have for Player culture increased the type to long long (and I'm not sure if its unsigned or not giving us twice as much room there) and it does help tremendously. I take it it's the city level itself that's overflowing here? We could do it for just the city level too and it would just be a matter of backing off where culture begins to be tracked at this degree. Also... if it's not something we feel really must be done then we could always cap the city level at max_int. Would make sense if there is that ultimate maximum anyhow I think.

In that Game the Culture Rate of one City overflows not the Level. At the moment i have no idea where this is happening.

Thermobaric Tank available with modern era techs, and has same prereqs as modern tank.

PS I almost made into future techs. Woohoo!

After recent (last 3 days) SVN changes you can only hurry the construction of units and buildings with gold if you have coinage, no other currency civic will work anymore (at least in my game). Was this intentional? I haven´t read anything like this in the SVN documentation.

The version is the release. I found that the problem, in the SVN forum, is resolved. How i do in the release version?

With a text editor (like notepad) open the files /C2C/Assets/Modules/Custom _Civilizations/Comanche/Comanche_Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml and /Custom_Civilizations/Navajo/Navajo_Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
Change the line <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_NATIVE_WARLORD_MEDIEVAL</MiddleArtDefineTag> to <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARLORD_ANCIENT_SIOUX</MiddleArtDefineTag> in each file. That should do the trick.

Edit: I have no idea where the extra spaces in MEDIEVAL and SIOUX come from. Disreard them and write then as one word.

With a text editor (like notepad) open the files /C2C/Assets/Modules/Custom _Civilizations/Comanche/Comanche_Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml and /Custom_Civilizations/Navajo/Navajo_Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
Change the line <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_NATIVE_WARLORD_MEDIEVAL</MiddleArtDefineTag> to <MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_WARLORD_ANCIENT_SIOUX</MiddleArtDefineTag> in each file. That should do the trick.

Edit: I have no idea where the extra spaces in MEDIEVAL and SIOUX come from. Disreard them and write then as one word.

Many, many, many thanks. Now I try, it takes a long time to launch c2c. Then I'll let you know if it works.

Many, many, many thanks. Now I try, it takes a long time to launch c2c. Then I'll let you know if it works.

C2C only takes a long time to launch the 1st time, if you keep your PC on it only takes around 1 minute after that.

The RATE? Huh? How... I dunno... got me.

Yeah it's the rate. Thebes in the savegame.
It's the second time I managed to do this. I just have one city building most of the wonders, simulating semi-one city challenge.

I also have lots of great military instructors. Last game I mined them all over the map (from the AI), this time I saved myself the time and just got them from world builder, but the number is about the same.

BTW, I also managed to overflow population sacrifice for the fish market wonder, I can check if I have a savegame for it if it's interesting.

Yeah it's the rate. Thebes in the savegame.
It's the second time I managed to do this. I just have one city building most of the wonders, simulating semi-one city challenge.

I also have lots of great military instructors. Last game I mined them all over the map (from the AI), this time I saved myself the time and just got them from world builder, but the number is about the same.

BTW, I also managed to overflow population sacrifice for the fish market wonder, I can check if I have a savegame for it if it's interesting.

BTW, the rate was around 200K a turn before the overflow. I estimate that it would easily go over 500K later in the game, maybe over 1M.

1) RE: Rate overflow of culture: Culture rates in a city are, like all other commerces, multiplied by 100 more than the final value during most of its calculation due to the decimalization mechanism in use there. I don't think we can fix that and I also don't think assigning long long values to commerce rates (we've had gold overflows too I believe) is necessarily a good idea so personally I'm thinking just a cap on the rate of MAX_INT (which would mean an actual game cap of MAX_INT / 100) would be appropriate. That plus maybe reviewing all the sources and trying to apply a little restraint could go a long ways to help us never have to be annoyed by reaching that cap.
To be more specific, the limit on a city's rate of a given commerce would be 21,474,836.47 Would others be ok with this?

However, what also gets me here is the limit would still be 21 mil or so and it sounds like we weren't supposed to be exceeding that amount in the first place. hmm... something's fishy here about that whole situation.

2)@Snofru: good question - I do hope that's not ignored by those working the civics!

3)RE master hunter promos: I've seen them eventually open up after other normal hunter promos are extended. One thing I'm having a tough time figuring out without looking specifically at them is what the actual hunter and master hunter promo prereqs ARE... they confuse me ;)

1) RE: Rate overflow of culture: Culture rates in a city are, like all other commerces, multiplied by 100 more than the final value during most of its calculation due to the decimalization mechanism in use there. I don't think we can fix that and I also don't think assigning long long values to commerce rates (we've had gold overflows too I believe) is necessarily a good idea so personally I'm thinking just a cap on the rate of MAX_INT (which would mean an actual game cap of MAX_INT / 100) would be appropriate. That plus maybe reviewing all the sources and trying to apply a little restraint could go a long ways to help us never have to be annoyed by reaching that cap.
To be more specific, the limit on a city's rate of a given commerce would be 21,474,836.47 Would others be ok with this?

However, what also gets me here is the limit would still be 21 mil or so and it sounds like we weren't supposed to be exceeding that amount in the first place. hmm... something's fishy here about that whole situation.

~21M cap sounds legit, however I wasn't anywhere near that in the game-save.
If you look at the values there, they don't add up to that. My rate of culture was around 200K. Is it possible that by some mistake the cap decreased by 10,000 instead of 100 (from MAX_INT)?

My Master Hunters can not get the Master Hunter II promotion.

I have given it to one of my Master Hunter line of units but I can't remember which. The code says all that is needed is that they have Master Hunter I and be of at least level 5.

3)RE master hunter promos: I've seen them eventually open up after other normal hunter promos are extended. One thing I'm having a tough time figuring out without looking specifically at them is what the actual hunter and master hunter promo prereqs ARE... they confuse me ;)

That is what the pedia is supposed to tell you.

BTW why are promotions that are not valid for the selected game options even showing up? Normally if something is not in the current game it does not show up in the pedia.

edit just checked - the pedia and hover over are not showing the level requirement.

Top Bottom