Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

I have a CTD every time I try to create a game with the Three Planets map, build is v.34 official release (7080). This happens even when I use a tiny or duel map size. I am including the error file for the latest (have replicated this 6 times). Cannot post a savegame of this because it crashes right after the "Finishing" part of game creation, sometime after the popup that shows which options are enabled, before you get to see any of the map, and the screen is black except for the popup.

I have been able to start new games on other maps using the same build. I am posting one of those savegames if it would help/give you any info. Again, the savegame included here is not one that involves the crash, but is posted to show that the game is working with other maps.

Attachments

• David BC-50000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    669.9 KB · Views: 62
  • PythonErr2.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 58
Here is the minidump file. I am using Win7 and running as administrator.

System is a Toshiba Satellite L855D
Processor AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD 7640G Graphics 1.90 Ghz
RAM 6GB (5.47 usable)

Any other info needed?

Attachments

• MiniDump_7077.rar
    12.7 KB · Views: 69
I have a CTD every time I try to create a game with the Three Planets map, build is v.34 official release (7080). This happens even when I use a tiny or duel map size. I am including the error file for the latest (have replicated this 6 times). Cannot post a savegame of this because it crashes right after the "Finishing" part of game creation, sometime after the popup that shows which options are enabled, before you get to see any of the map, and the screen is black except for the popup.

I have been able to start new games on other maps using the same build. I am posting one of those savegames if it would help/give you any info. Again, the savegame included here is not one that involves the crash, but is posted to show that the game is working with other maps.

Please understand 3 Planets Map is a beta map (actually an Alpha map). When it was introduced it worked somewhat. But it has not been updated to current terrain, resources, and feature changes. The author of the map just has not gotten around to doing it.

So basically don't use it. :)

JosEPh

Please understand 3 Planets Map is a beta map (actually an Alpha map). When it was introduced it worked somewhat. But it has not been updated to current terrain, resources, and feature changes. The author of the map just has not gotten around to doing it.

So basically don't use it. :)

JosEPh

I completely agree here, dont use as a casual player.

I completely agree here, dont use as a casual player.

Rats. That was the one thing I was looking forward to most in the new release. Well, I can wait until next release.

I'm really enjoying the wonders of nature in v34, along with the unique map features. That's something I've always enjoyed about FFH. So much to love. The withdrawal and pursuit feature is interesting, but I think I'll turn it off in the next game. I value my promotions and don't like having to use them on something that won't last for the entire game.

Did the obsolescence of promotions ever get fixed? In the last build, I was getting promotions removed when upgrading melee units to gunpowder (such as Glorious, my favorite line); the game was supposed to let you choose new ones to replace the removed ones, but that wasn't happening.

New Barb cities are undefended in SVN 7138.

See screen shots.

Plus farms can now be built on salt flats.

JosEPh

I have been noticing that new barb cities have no defense since at least v33 but it does seem more common now. Especially in areas I swept clear of barbs.

I have been noticing that new barb cities have no defense since at least v33 but it does seem more common now. Especially in areas I swept clear of barbs.

That has been that way for 3 months or more now. Also, when Barb Cities are formed they NEVER go past POP 1 anymore also??:mad: I am over 600ish turns in and they are STILL are POP 1 they have been there since about turn 50.

Not sure if you'd classify this as a bug but I just got offered Tanks from a opportunity in the Medieval era.

See pic

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    365.3 KB · Views: 58
They better not have changed it. Farms on salt flats is a big no no.

Guess I should've posted the screenshots of it then. I thought maybe it was part of the New Desert Camp line.

JosEPh

Build 7080: Great General is gaining experience from supporting combat around him, but promotions aren't available. So far he's gained 8XP with no promotion options. All the XP was from killing barbarian units (archers and melee, in a city). Attaching a savegame. Note: I have another Great General that has been supporting battles against a civ's units in the same game, and that one has promotions available like normal.

Attachments

• David BC-4350.rar
    698.6 KB · Views: 57
Rats. That was the one thing I was looking forward to most in the new release. Well, I can wait until next release.

I'm really enjoying the wonders of nature in v34, along with the unique map features. That's something I've always enjoyed about FFH. So much to love. The withdrawal and pursuit feature is interesting, but I think I'll turn it off in the next game. I value my promotions and don't like having to use them on something that won't last for the entire game.

Did the obsolescence of promotions ever get fixed? In the last build, I was getting promotions removed when upgrading melee units to gunpowder (such as Glorious, my favorite line); the game was supposed to let you choose new ones to replace the removed ones, but that wasn't happening.
I don't think it was even broken at the time but rather your units may have been... if they'd been in the game since before some tweaking and adjusting to the mechanism took place they might've had incorrect assignments showing the promo as free or not where it should or shouldn't have been. So far it's working like it's supposed to from all I can see though there's some access issues for Strike Teams that are no longer Criminal units that I'm still working on here.

If you see any promos lost that you don't believe should be due to a unit upgrade, I'm very happy to review the access differences there and give them consideration. I just need to know the promotion(s) that were lost and what unit it was before and after the upgrade.

This is taking me a little time to get around to general debugging. I've been busy working on OOS errors (and I THINK I've made some amazing headway there since last night my wife and I played some hours through Ancient to Classical era without an OOS.) This has my codeset a little bound up into that project.

RE: Fight or Flight features... I'm curious what makes you think it's not going to be a factor for the whole game? Gunships become nightmarish with withdrawal and you should take a hard look at how withdrawal and pursuit works in naval combat. It gives Recon units a longevity of purpose they didn't have previously as well. Mounted units are far better at withdrawal when this option is on than they are with it off... almost requires other mounted pursuit empowered units to effectively counter them. Anyhow... My point is it's developed for the whole game, not just the beginning eras.

I said it before. But none had noticed it.

The espionage points could be getting memory overflow. Can someone look into my savegame and see it?

Thanks.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=371823&d=1394451599
See note above as to some current other focus but I'd be happy to look into this at some point so leave the savegame up please.

Build 7080: Great General is gaining experience from supporting combat around him, but promotions aren't available. So far he's gained 8XP with no promotion options. All the XP was from killing barbarian units (archers and melee, in a city). Attaching a savegame. Note: I have another Great General that has been supporting battles against a civ's units in the same game, and that one has promotions available like normal.
A known bug is that the GG is not triggering the check to see if he should be promoting somehow. Most likely some kind of derivative of the GG/GH enabling. Probably not hard to solve BUT see note above. I've got some other things I'm locked into at the moment.

@DH: same goes for why I haven't yet manipulated the improvement AI to fix those forts yet - and why I haven't yet completed the Ideas project.

However, the good news is I may be finishing up with the OOS debugging here very soon if things continue to go as well as they have been there.

RE: Fight or Flight features... I'm curious what makes you think it's not going to be a factor for the whole game? Gunships become nightmarish with withdrawal and you should take a hard look at how withdrawal and pursuit works in naval combat. It gives Recon units a longevity of purpose they didn't have previously as well. Mounted units are far better at withdrawal when this option is on than they are with it off... almost requires other mounted pursuit empowered units to effectively counter them. Anyhow... My point is it's developed for the whole game, not just the beginning eras.

Thanks for the explanation. For some reason I got the impression that the withdrawal feature was limited to the early game. Perhaps something in the documentation said that it would help spice up the early game, and I may have made an assumption from that.

A known bug is that the GG is not triggering the check to see if he should be promoting somehow. Most likely some kind of derivative of the GG/GH enabling. Probably not hard to solve BUT see note above. I've got some other things I'm locked into at the moment.

I was able to get it to start promoting normally by giving the GG Morale 1 using Worldedit. So not gamebreaking at this point. My next fix attempt would have been to take him to attack some civ units and see if that triggered it.

Top Bottom