Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

i seem to have a problem with the galley and i believe military captives. when ever i move multiple military captives off a boat only one is left if i leave them on the boat and upgrade one the other also vanish. and last time not only did the other military captive vanish but the hero on the ship also vanished. seems having multiple military captives on a ship causes the problem.

Laconic:
The game crashes whenever I try to create map bigger than Small.

Full:
Last time I've played Civ and your mod, it was late 2012. So I've did a clean installation of the game, updated everything to latest patches (starting with Civ, then Warlords, then Beyond the Sword) and applied latest version of the mod.
The game itself takes few minutes (never less than 4) to start, for unknown reasons - previously it started much faster. When it's finally on, everything seems to work just fine. I can go through full list of options for my map and start to initializing it. BUT if the map is bigger than Small, the game crashes whenever "Init Graphic" shows. No error report, no information, no nothing, just crash to desktop.
May my PC specs be the issue? I've got only 3 GB RAM, but the game previously worked just fine when it was 2 GB :/

ok been working on the boat military captive error and have a save with a galley in a city with 1 hero and 3 military captives. these captives were all captured with amphibious warfare and have never been off the ship. if i take the hero off the ship first he survives.... sort of. if i try to upgrade the captives or take them off the ship only one captive remains no mater what. also if i unembark the hero first then try to put him back on a different ship off the coast he vanishes. this was the first ship this happened to so not sure if the ship is now evil lol or if their ios some link between the hero and the ship that causes that.

Attachments

• testsave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2 MB · Views: 27
@C2C Team

I think this has been reported before but some units that use to expression system to have more the the standard amount of resources requirements don't lit them in the civpedia like they use to. What happened to showing that in the civpedia?

I already noticed that and made some changes to fix this a while ago but i forgot to commit this somehow.

I attacked Maori city with bear rider (btw. a unit that has no requirements to build other than the tech "Megafauna Domestication" & Palace, why isn't this fixed yet? [Fixed now]), and got a CTD.

MiniD and save included.
View attachment 371320

Edit: I have brought this up before but will do so again because it bothers me quite a bit.

Perfect mongoose map-script never generate snow/ice (so long since I've had it in a game that I don't remember the name of the terrain) terrain (not talking about the ice feature in the ocean but the actual land terrain) which renders the arctic III promotion totally useless.

Laconic:
The game crashes whenever I try to create map bigger than Small.

Full:
Last time I've played Civ and your mod, it was late 2012. So I've did a clean installation of the game, updated everything to latest patches (starting with Civ, then Warlords, then Beyond the Sword) and applied latest version of the mod.
The game itself takes few minutes (never less than 4) to start, for unknown reasons - previously it started much faster. When it's finally on, everything seems to work just fine. I can go through full list of options for my map and start to initializing it. BUT if the map is bigger than Small, the game crashes whenever "Init Graphic" shows. No error report, no information, no nothing, just crash to desktop.
May my PC specs be the issue? I've got only 3 GB RAM, but the game previously worked just fine when it was 2 GB :/
You MIGHT be able to make that work with the 3 GB switch. It's getting harder to made out of date machines to this degree work with this mod.

i seem to have a problem with the galley and i believe military captives. when ever i move multiple military captives off a boat only one is left if i leave them on the boat and upgrade one the other also vanish. and last time not only did the other military captive vanish but the hero on the ship also vanished. seems having multiple military captives on a ship causes the problem.

Very odd. I've been also noticing that captives don't like to stay grouped when you move them with other units. I have no idea what could be causing this. I move a group that contains a captive and sometimes it continues to move with them and other times it'll break off and either wait there for further instruction or potentially even just lose all movement pts where it was before it moved. That usually results in the destruction of the captive of course as a nearby enemy takes advantage of the situation.

I attacked Maori city with bear rider (btw. a unit that has no requirements to build other than the tech "Megafauna Domestication" & Palace, why isn't this fixed yet?), and got a CTD.

MiniD and save included.
View attachment 371320

To answer 'Why isn't this fixed yet?'
It's a very :confused: issue because the problem is that the Bear Rider has no Palace requirements. We had some reports about this in the last weeks but i never had this issue until yesterday. At the moment the only way to avoid this is to remove the cache every time.

I already saw the same CTD in one of my games.

It's a very :confused: issue because the problem is that the Bear Rider has no Palace requirements. We had some reports about this in the last weeks but i never had this issue until yesterday. At the moment the only way to avoid this is to remove the cache every time.
I see, btw, have you had time to look into the city governor OOS? (Fixed now)
Koshling told me that since he had no time he notified you about it.
I can understand if you consider it low priority though, as Single player has a lot of issues at the moment.

I already saw the same CTD in one of my games.

The Bear Rider is the only unit in C2C using the PrereqOrBuildings tag!
<PrereqOrBuildings>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_BEAR_TRAINER_EFFECT</BuildingType>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_BEAR_TRAINER</BuildingType>
</PrereqOrBuildings>

Is it possible there is something wrong with the way that tag is processed?

The Bear Knight also uses that tag and it looks like this tag has never been used before this makes it very possible that there is something wrong with that tag.

Edit:
I looks like i found the solution for this problem but i have to test it before i commit the fix. I can't finish this today but it should be in the svn tomorrow.

So in the most recent update 7120, i cant seem to load any of my games for some weird reason. Anyone know why this could be? I have a minidump for 7081 but that was before the update but idk.

Attachments

• MiniDump_7081.rar
    11.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Logs.rar
    571.3 KB · Views: 46
  • AutoSave_BC-4711.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
more interesting things with the boat feature. i found you can get everything off the boat by using the unload all feature in a city. i also realized that when moving my hero onto the ship he didn't vanish but was underneath the ship when the ship was moved he was still there. so the problem is with the ship somehow if you remove all from the galley nothing after that can enter the ship making it useless as transport. not sure if this a ship problem or a captive problem. maybe its captive mixed with the size maters?

Is anyone working on the resource limit we probably have reached? So far I only see the display effect (see attached screenshot) but I fear there are more serious effects involved.

If it isn´t possible to remove this limit I would suggest to instead remove the "not so important" resources like dishwashers and so on. If you like, I could make a list.
Resources.jpg

Is anyone working on the resource limit we probably have reached? So far I only see the display effect (see attached screenshot) but I fear there are more serious effects involved.

If it isn´t possible to remove this limit I would suggest to instead remove the "not so important" resources like dishwashers and so on. If you like, I could make a list.
View attachment 371376

I wonder if the problem is the mini-icons. Because if its just that causing the problem then making a unique mini icon for each resource should be skipped. As long as they have a Name and normal Icon I think they should be fine.

View attachment 371376

I wonder if the problem is the mini-icons. Because if its just that causing the problem then making a unique mini icon for each resource should be skipped. As long as they have a Name and normal Icon I think they should be fine.

It is not a resource limit. It is probably not a problem with the mini icons since there was something there before hand and now it is a picture.

It is probably a problem with one or more of
- the storage in the dll
- the way it is passed to Python
- the way that it is used in Python​

Another bug report for ye: I've built the Stonehenge in my capital, however only in my most recently created city there's a monument, not in any of my other cities.

It is not a resource limit. It is probably not a problem with the mini icons since there was something there before hand and now it is a picture.

It is probably a problem with one or more of
- the storage in the dll
- the way it is passed to Python
- the way that it is used in Python​

Or the way they are handled by the Engine.

But this is only speculation i think AIAndy has more knowledge about this.

@C2C Team

I think this has been reported before but some units that use to expression system to have more the the standard amount of resources requirements don't lit them in the civpedia like they use to. What happened to showing that in the civpedia?

I fixed that in the svn.

I attacked Maori city with bear rider (btw. a unit that has no requirements to build other than the tech "Megafauna Domestication" & Palace, why isn't this fixed yet?), and got a CTD.

MiniD and save included.
View attachment 371320

Edit: I have brought this up before but will do so again because it bothers me quite a bit.

Perfect mongoose map-script never generate snow/ice (so long since I've had it in a game that I don't remember the name of the terrain) terrain (not talking about the ice feature in the ocean but the actual land terrain) which renders the arctic III promotion totally useless.

The issue with the Bear Rider should be fixed in the svn.
With your save the Game did not crash here but i saw the same CTD before. I included a possible fix in the svn can you try it?

This is now fixed i missed this error two weeks ago but this time i also found two other tags with cache issues.

Top Bottom