Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Hi, i get a crash with the message that i should allocate more memory to my grafics card. Try to look it up online but didn´t get much help. Tried to play with lower grafics but that dosen´t do that much difference i think. Shouldn´t anyway, my computer is a nice one. Maybe just need to change some settings somewhere. Any suggestions? Does anyone else experenced the same problem?

BR Loffas

Hi, i get a crash with the message that i should allocate more memory to my graphics card. Try to look it up online but didn't get much help. Tried to play with lower graphics but that doesn't do that much difference i think. Shouldn't anyway, my computer is a nice one. Maybe just need to change some settings somewhere. Any suggestions? Does anyone else experience the same problem?

BR Loffas

Please look at post # 1, thx.

Hi there, first time posting in the forums. Lurked for a _loooong_ time and played C2C for ages. Thanks for the mod, it's definitely my favorite for pretty much any game, ever.

Now there have been issues before, but always fairly minor ones, but this kinda screwed me over so I decided to make an acco just to report it.

To put it simply, discovering the tech Industrialism, and letting turn end once destroys every single Metropolitan Administration I've built. I can then start rebuilding back from Village Hall status, but each time a building finishes it just gets wrecked instantly, thus I'm permanently stuck at pre-village hall status. Took a few screenshots to showcase what happens, and I can drop my savefiles somewhere if that'll be of assistance.

Why is this such a problem? Well all my cities lose that third tick of radius where the citizen can work. It still shows them as workable in the city management screen but I can't even manually force any citizen to work those tiles. This happens to every city except my capitol, I guess since the building there giving the 3-radius range is a national wonder and thus can't get wiped or something.

Now this is far from game breaking, but it is highly annoying, and I hope there's a sollution to this out there. Please get back to me if there's a need for the save files.

Thanks.

Hey guys!
I'm unable to play C2C since a few weeks, so I'm pretty down.
My revision is 7090. The problem is I can start the game itself but not generate a new world nor load an old savegame. It simply closes silently everytime I try :( ...
I uploaded the latest savegame I was able to play until now and the Minidump file... hope these help...

Thanks alot and Servus!!

Attachments

• C2C-Minidump an' Savegame.rar
    504.1 KB · Views: 46
Hey guys!
My revision is 7090. The problem is I can start the game itself but not generate a new world nor load an old savegame. It simply closes silently everytime I try :( ...
I uploaded the latest savegame I was able to play until now and the Minidump file... hope these help...

Thanks alot and Servus!!

Can you pls delete your PM messages, thx.

btw i am NOT handling this post, i am writing about something completely different so some needs to reply thx.

With SVN 7090 it took 16 minutes for ReCalc to do it's thing. 16 Minutes! Incredulously long. :(

Why or What was the idea of making so many core buildings Require a City size of 6? Forge, Sail Weaver, Cobbler, Hat Maker, Scroll and Tablet Maker, Ice House Pulley wheel,...... the list goes on and on. What is up with this new restriction???

JosEPh

With SVN 7090 it took 16 minutes for ReCalc to do it's thing. 16 Minutes! Incredulously long. :(

Why or What was the idea of making so many core buildings Require a City size of 6? Forge, Sail Weaver, Cobbler, Hat Maker, Scroll and Tablet Maker, Ice House Pulley wheel,...... the list goes on and on. What is up with this new restriction???

JosEPh

I agree, but the way Koshling explained it, do you want them to concentrate on turn times, CTD's OR Modifier recalc, can only do 1 or 2 at the most?? Remembering they only do this a a "hobby" and Koshling has NOT helped out with really anything since Nov 13(Real Life situations). HOPING he will come back, PLEASE!!!:please:

JosEPh

This new restriction has been there since v26 or earlier. I have complained about it continuously since it was introduced.

This new restriction has been there since v26 or earlier. I have complained about it continuously since it was introduced.

Then whom ever did it can put it back the way it was, correct?? Again DH take charge!!:mischief::p;)

Hi there, first time posting in the forums. Lurked for a _loooong_ time and played C2C for ages. Thanks for the mod, it's definitely my favorite for pretty much any game, ever.

Now there have been issues before, but always fairly minor ones, but this kinda screwed me over so I decided to make an acco just to report it.

To put it simply, discovering the tech Industrialism, and letting turn end once destroys every single Metropolitan Administration I've built. I can then start rebuilding back from Village Hall status, but each time a building finishes it just gets wrecked instantly, thus I'm permanently stuck at pre-village hall status. Took a few screenshots to showcase what happens, and I can drop my savefiles somewhere if that'll be of assistance.

Why is this such a problem? Well all my cities lose that third tick of radius where the citizen can work. It still shows them as workable in the city management screen but I can't even manually force any citizen to work those tiles. This happens to every city except my capitol, I guess since the building there giving the 3-radius range is a national wonder and thus can't get wiped or something.

Now this is far from game breaking, but it is highly annoying, and I hope there's a sollution to this out there. Please get back to me if there's a need for the save files.

Thanks.
We'd certainly need a savegame showing the effect to have any hope of resolving this. Very odd one here.

What happened to HOPSCOTCH, STICKCOMBAT, JUMPROPE, EXCREMENT_HOLES and CAPTURETHEFLAG in the latest SVN, nothing listed there??

Now because of this i get a REPEATABLE CTD?? I even cleared my cache.
Since I still have those buildings in my own assets I'd have to assume the CTD is stemming from them missing somehow on your system. Odd that but perhaps try getting a fresh SVN install?

Hey guys!

Thanks alot and Servus!!
The mini didn't help me at all but I'm trying to load your game now to take a look. Ok... it runs just fine for me. I'm thinking you may have a corrupt download somehow. Either that or pushing your system resources too far but it's not a far in game so I'd be surprised if that was the case.

JosEPh
I can tolerate the city size requirement now but it was indeed an adjustment to make. It's been that way for nearly a year I think. Can't remember who put all that into play.

Recalcs vary from 10 seconds to 20 minutes depending on how far into the game you are. It's a matter of the raw amount of city details mostly. This is why I'm not going to just tack unit recalculation onto the main recalc when I go about setting that up eventually. On multi-player this much delay will straight disconnect the computers from each other! So I think we're not going to be updating our game after a point in our test run here. It's frustrating but it'd be difficult to 'fix' because there just ends up being so many things that the computer must recalculate that it ends up taking forever after the game map is filled with cities. Try the 30 minutes or more it can take to recalc on an advanced game running the debug dll so I can just get to the point I can profile a crash that takes place after end turn. That sucks more than anything. But again, hardly avoidable. There might be a way to break it up some and give some pause points waiting for consent to continue that may be necessary to implement to make it work for multi-play though. But it won't do anything to really actually speed it up (though it'll make you feel better to know it's still working.)

Since I still have those buildings in my own assets I'd have to assume the CTD is stemming from them missing somehow on your system. Odd that but perhaps try getting a fresh SVN install?

ahaaha that IS a fresh install of the NEW SVN.:p:)

hmm... on my assets which show complete compliance with the SVN, they are located under MrAzure's module in his Prehistoric file.

Makes me wonder if you have a corrupt fresh install.

hmm... on my assets which show complete compliance with the SVN, they are located under MrAzure's module in his Prehistoric file.

Makes me wonder if you have a corrupt fresh install.

On a recalc the buildings mentioned by SO are removed from the game without crashing for me.

Hi, and thanks Thundr and Strategy for the quick reply.

Here's one save file from the turn before I reach Industrialism and one of the turn after it. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• saves.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 44
I can tolerate the city size requirement now but it was indeed an adjustment to make. It's been that way for nearly a year I think. Can't remember who put all that into play.

IIRC Hydro told me that they were there since ROM or AND and he ust keeps them. I don't like theim either (even small cities can have factories if conditions are right. And THEN they grow), but since he told me to usem them in my new buildings as well I did so :mischief:

What happened to HOPSCOTCH, STICKCOMBAT, JUMPROPE, EXCREMENT_HOLES and CAPTURETHEFLAG in the latest SVN, nothing listed there??

Hopscotch, Stick Combat, Jump Rope and Capture the flag I disabled. Excrement holes had 2 things so I took out the duplicate.

JosEPh

The restrictions are not new. They have been in the mod for many versions. As for why see the other topic you posted in. I answered you more in depth.

Top Bottom