Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

1) The Modern Sniper must need the bAlwaysHostile bool set to 1. I'll try to remember to do that when I can.

2) Immigrants generally work when they are added to a city that has less than its max population (9 I think) before they stop working for that city. The big problem with this is 2-fold:
* Nothing says in game that there is a limit.
* If you group lots of immigrants together and join them all at once you can FAR exceed the limit.

On the Continent, people often use the comma as a decimal point, rather than the full stop. #ThingsyouknowasaEuropean :)

not "often" but always.

All European languages: 1.000,00 € = one thousand € with two decimales
while in US it would be 1,000.00 $ for thousand dollars.

Not all European languages. :)

The English do not use a comma as a decimal point. That is why the USA doesn't as well.

Not all European languages. :)

The English do not use a comma as a decimal point. That is why the USA doesn't as well.

The English are Europeans???? :lol:

ok, serious:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dezimaltrennzeichen

point:

Australien, Botswana, Volksrepublik China, Costa Rica, Dominikanische Republik, El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Hongkong, Indien, Irland, Israel, Japan, Korea (Nord und Süd), Malaysia, Malta, Mexiko, Namibia, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Neuseeland, Pakistan, Panama, Philippinen, Singapur, Taiwan, Thailand, Vereinigtes Königreich, Vereinigte Staaten

regional: Kanada (englischsprachiger Teil)

comma:

Albanien, Andorra, Argentinien, Belgien, Bolivien, Brasilien, Bulgarien, Chile, Dänemark, Deutschland, Ecuador, Estland, Färöer, Finnland, Frankreich, Georgien, Griechenland, Grönland, Indonesien, Island, Italien, Kolumbien, Kosovo, Kroatien, Kuba, Lettland, Litauen, Luxemburg, Mazedonien, Moldawien, Niederlande, Norwegen, Österreich, Paraguay, Peru, Polen, Portugal, Rumänien, Russland, Schweden, Serbien, Simbabwe, Slowakei, Slowenien, Spanien, Südafrika[1], Tschechien, Türkei, Ukraine, Ungarn, Uruguay, Venezuela, Weißrussland

regional: Kanada (französischsprachiger Teil)

mixed: Switzerland

Hi there. Before mentioning my bug issue I need to say this is an absolutely incredible mod. I've been playing through a few versions now, but haven't been active on forums.

It's become my favourite game. Not just my favourite civ mod - my favourite game, full stop. Huge kudos & thanks to everyone involved for the staggering amount of work that has gone into this.

I haven't noticed anyone else mention this issue so thought I'd post - normally when I come across an issue I find there is already much discussion of it on these forums.

I'm in Renaissance era in v35 and my larger cities are losing access to some resources - even though those cities have the buildings that provide the resource active in the city.

For example, in the save attached, my capital Bibracte along with my other large cities do not have access to Saddles despite having a Saddler in the city. Saddles are not listed in the resource tab of the city view. However, my smaller cities do show Saddles as available in the resource tab.

It appears to be more than just a display issue, since my cities should be able to build Modern Stables but cannot.

Attachments

• Fharras BC-1047.7z
    3.4 MB · Views: 32

Which is why I said "on the continent". ;)

The work boat action for building sea tunnels doesn't show up correctly. You need to set the option to show obsolete worker actions.

2) Immigrants generally work when they are added to a city that has less than its max population (9 I think) before they stop working for that city. The big problem with this is 2-fold:
* Nothing says in game that there is a limit.
* If you group lots of immigrants together and join them all at once you can FAR exceed the limit.

It is <=7 and it is mentioned in a couple of places. It should be on the action button but since the button does not appear if your city does not have less than 8 population you can't see it.

Adding grouped slaves works Correctly. I wonder what the difference is? edit I do the slave stuff in Python but the Immigrant stuff uses events!

Message bug:
bug_national_hero_msg.png

SVN 7799 Pre v35.

Is it intentional that the Tsukiji Fish Market costs 28,080 hammers? Seems high for an Industrial Age Wonder.

Some of the religion sounds are not working properly. They give an error.
A couple of the religions (Shamanism, for one) don't have functioning sound files. I get two similar error messages: could not set up 3D sample with handle ID3 or ID6.
I have found that one of the shaman sound files was mission so I'll add that.

1) The Modern Sniper must need the bAlwaysHostile bool set to 1. I'll try to remember to do that when I can.

Nah, just change the upgrade path from all those AlwaysHostile culture units to the generic industrial age version, which should be the guerrilla...oh! Guerrilla upgrades to modern sniper!

It's not the best upgrade path because it's a large shift in tactics and how the units are used. Guys who cause crime and can attack without being at war are used generally for hiding inside foreign cities to shatter their empires with crime-based revolutionary sentiment, or for knocking out weak units like workers and medics. While snipers are more for actively hunting down and killing those crime units thanks to their ability to see them (or that's how I use them).

Is there a terrorist type unit the guerrilla can upgrade to in the modern era instead?

Edit: And I just got the tip on game load for using hidden nationality units for launching a pre-emptive strike before declaring war.

Sorry to double-post, but I do have content relevant to the thread!

I kept getting these weird-ass CTDs in my game (regular version of v35), whenever I scrolled over a certain barbarian city. If I turned off graphics paging and turned on viewports, it would crash whenever it loaded a viewport with the city in it. Anyway, I "fixed" this by turning <DefineName>SHOW_BUILDINGS_LEVEL</DefineName> in A_NEW_DAWN_GlobalDefines.xml to 0. Some building in that city must have been doing something bad, so I checked it with world builder, all it had was culture (barbarian), barter post, and housing (homeless). :confused:

So, if you're having sudden unexplained crashes, add changing this variable to the long list of things to try. Yeah it sucks having all your cities looking homogenous and generic, but at least it saves on precious graphics resources.

Currently im reviewing all buildings models/textures and maybe after my changes this bug disappear.

Nah, just change the upgrade path from all those AlwaysHostile culture units to the generic industrial age version, which should be the guerrilla...oh! Guerrilla upgrades to modern sniper!

It's not the best upgrade path because it's a large shift in tactics and how the units are used. Guys who cause crime and can attack without being at war are used generally for hiding inside foreign cities to shatter their empires with crime-based revolutionary sentiment, or for knocking out weak units like workers and medics. While snipers are more for actively hunting down and killing those crime units thanks to their ability to see them (or that's how I use them).

Is there a terrorist type unit the guerrilla can upgrade to in the modern era instead?

Edit: And I just got the tip on game load for using hidden nationality units for launching a pre-emptive strike before declaring war.

The snipers should nevertheless have the bAlwaysHostile tag in use so they can attack as a HN unit.

That said, I've said much the same about being able to keep the upgrade chains valid for ongoing criminal unit upgrades rather than being forced to take early criminal units down the Strike Team lines... it's a goal on the development plans to resolve this and probably not too far off.

The snipers should nevertheless have the bAlwaysHostile tag in use so they can attack as a HN unit.

That said, I've said much the same about being able to keep the upgrade chains valid for ongoing criminal unit upgrades rather than being forced to take early criminal units down the Strike Team lines... it's a goal on the development plans to resolve this and probably not too far off.

Dedicated criminals will be promoted by the player to have all the upgrades intended for their purpose, specifically troublemaker and possibly commando (if they didn't already start with that promotion), while strike teams will end up with anything that increases withdraw chance, and probably first strikes. So entwining their upgrade paths could lead to angst in that department.

The hidden nationality thing...it depends on how you see strike units in general. I always thought of them as official high-tech highly-trained military teams who might not wear dogtags, and might do some shady stuff that could be embarrassing to their government if brought to light, but it's still pretty clear which country they're from if you recover a body. So they're never used to strike directly at the forces of a sovereign power unless both parties are at war.

A strike team should be able, just as a "purely random" example, to enter the territory of someone you're not at war with but don't have open borders with, and take out a highly promoted hidden nationality unit hiding in a town, winning international acclaim and respect, and then run back to friendly territory in the same turn. But if that team had attacked official assets belonging to the military of that non-hostile nuclear-armed country, it could have been exceptionally bad.

Then again you see units that, if they fit any C2C description, could be described as strike teams, going into other peoples' territory and assisting rebels that are trying to help them annex territory, without absolute modern warfare between the two countries.

Top Bottom