1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Milamber

Milamber Chieftain

I think I've come across a bug where I start with -9 or -7 gold when I load a new custom game (doesn't happen when starting a game through 'play now'). I start with a settler, clubman and stone thrower, when I settle first city I also get a guardian generated in the city. Because of my - gold they immediatly go on strike and disband. Its the first time playing this mod so not sure if bug or not?

2. Dreifels

Dreifels Chieftain

3. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

That is a bug in v35 but it is fixed in the SVN.

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Which means we should try and get a patch out. I was ill when v35 came out and can't remember what svn version itwas, any one know?

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Thanks to the ability of a unit to retrain its promos when they no longer qualify for them due to an upgrade, the ability of the assassin to go EITHER into the crime OR Strike Team direction should not be so discombobulated... and a clever player will consider this eventual separation in the upgrade stream after gaining some experience with the mod so becomes a trick for the advanced player to master.

6. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

If you mean the 17th August download, I mentioned it in passing in my localisation thread (rev. 7833).

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

SVN 7856.

JosEPh

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Thanks, nos all I need do is figure out how to do one. The SVN says it can but says there is nothing to patch.

9. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

I don't agree. Criminal HNs are always hostile, but I don't think Snipers should be in that category. Navajo and Klamath riflemen are other HNs who are not always hostile.

10. Milamber

Milamber Chieftain

Ah ok, is there a previous version available to download I can play it with?

11. chipper_30

chipper_30 Chieftain

Hi all, first of all thank you so much for this mod, it is absolutely awesome!

I've run into a crash to desktop today, using C2C v35. In attachment are the last 2 autosaves, the minidump and Python error file.

You can reproduce the crash by finishing the turn, it showed a BarbarianCiv error message but didn't crash right away. Finish this new turn and crash to desktop.

Thought this could help you to debug, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

So they shouldn't be able to attack or be attacked within an opponent's borders then? That's basically what the tag means.

13. Yudishtira

They can't attack or be attacked within a friend's borders. That's what not being Always Hostile means. They can certainly attack an enemy (including an Always Hostile HN in peacetime).

Since there are tags for both HN and Always Hostile, I'm happy to see them not always going together.

If there are no Always Hostiles who are not HNs, it would be good if we could introduce a couple. It might suit the Privateer, since historically it was generally pretty obvious - unofficially - who they were working for. There's also not much point of the Always Hostile UUs being HN, as the culture bonus usually will only have one owner in the course of a game.

14. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

nevermind. seems i had to download latest version of custom civs in GEM thread.

15. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Yeah Harrier has all the old custom civs, but i dont know for sure if they work currently with the new SVN??

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Define 'friend'. Isn't the point of most HN units to be able to attack units without having to officially declare war? Otherwise it's mostly just a way to ignore border agreements - example: merchants. I'd counter that last statement with what's the point of being HN if you aren't Always Hostile?

Bear in mind that I'm beginning to feel I should research the tag and its effects in the code.

17. alpha2929

alpha2929 Chieftain

I got repeatable CTD on AI turn.

Help, please.

UPD: Or, maybe, somebody could tell me how to read minidump files? So I can try to find out where is a problem. Logs, unfortunately, doesn't contain anything interesting.

Attached Files:

18. Yudishtira

The point of Always Hostile units is to be able to attack without declaring war. Most HN units are Always Hostile, and that's why they have this ability - not because they are HN. And as far as I know, all Always Hostile units are HN, but this does not need to be the case, and that possibility is well worth exploring too.

Otherwise it's mainly a way to ignore border agreements - with state-of-the-art military units - yes that's correct. This ability needs to be properly explored before writing it off as useless.

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not useless - I would just disagree that Strike Team units shouldn't be able to attack without a declaration of war on the basis of gameplay. Don't get me wrong though I do understand the intention. Modern Special Forces for example can't exactly get away with attacking a Canadian Mountie but certainly CAN attack an enemy, such as Osama Bin Laden, in someone else's borders and sneak through those borders even if there isn't an open border agreement (such as in Pakistan.)

I just worry that for the game effect it might be too restrictive... I suppose from Sniper onward it might make sense to enforce declarations of war for attacking a unit. It almost begs two differing types of Strike Teams and thus upgrade chains. Guerrillas for example, would be the type that would be always hostile (they are not criminal units - far too military for that.)

I'm not sure what an Always Hostile without HN would be... I suppose I get your point about Privateers but I would also think the fact that other nations 'knew' the identities of privateer units historically would've been due to spy actions like stealing plans. If a unit is able to attack another unit I can't imagine a situation where that wouldn't spark a war if it the attack was made under the clear declaration of nationality.

20. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

Moved to another thread.