Single Player bugs and crashes v35 download - After the 18th of August 2014

I think I've come across a bug where I start with -9 or -7 gold when I load a new custom game (doesn't happen when starting a game through 'play now'). I start with a settler, clubman and stone thrower, when I settle first city I also get a guardian generated in the city. Because of my - gold they immediatly go on strike and disband. Its the first time playing this mod so not sure if bug or not?

I think I've come across a bug where I start with -9 or -7 gold when I load a new custom game (doesn't happen when starting a game through 'play now'). I start with a settler, clubman and stone thrower, when I settle first city I also get a guardian generated in the city. Because of my - gold they immediatly go on strike and disband. Its the first time playing this mod so not sure if bug or not?

That is a bug in v35 but it is fixed in the SVN.

Which means we should try and get a patch out. I was ill when v35 came out and can't remember what svn version itwas, any one know?

Dedicated criminals will be promoted by the player to have all the upgrades intended for their purpose, specifically troublemaker and possibly commando (if they didn't already start with that promotion), while strike teams will end up with anything that increases withdraw chance, and probably first strikes. So entwining their upgrade paths could lead to angst in that department.

The hidden nationality thing...it depends on how you see strike units in general. I always thought of them as official high-tech highly-trained military teams who might not wear dogtags, and might do some shady stuff that could be embarrassing to their government if brought to light, but it's still pretty clear which country they're from if you recover a body. So they're never used to strike directly at the forces of a sovereign power unless both parties are at war.

A strike team should be able, just as a "purely random" example, to enter the territory of someone you're not at war with but don't have open borders with, and take out a highly promoted hidden nationality unit hiding in a town, winning international acclaim and respect, and then run back to friendly territory in the same turn. But if that team had attacked official assets belonging to the military of that non-hostile nuclear-armed country, it could have been exceptionally bad.

Then again you see units that, if they fit any C2C description, could be described as strike teams, going into other peoples' territory and assisting rebels that are trying to help them annex territory, without absolute modern warfare between the two countries.

Thanks to the ability of a unit to retrain its promos when they no longer qualify for them due to an upgrade, the ability of the assassin to go EITHER into the crime OR Strike Team direction should not be so discombobulated... and a clever player will consider this eventual separation in the upgrade stream after gaining some experience with the mod so becomes a trick for the advanced player to master.

Which means we should try and get a patch out. I was ill when v35 came out and can't remember what svn version it was, any one know?

If you mean the 17th August download, I mentioned it in passing in my localisation thread (rev. 7833).

The snipers should nevertheless have the bAlwaysHostile tag in use so they can attack as a HN unit.

I don't agree. Criminal HNs are always hostile, but I don't think Snipers should be in that category. Navajo and Klamath riflemen are other HNs who are not always hostile.

Hi all, first of all thank you so much for this mod, it is absolutely awesome!

I've run into a crash to desktop today, using C2C v35. In attachment are the last 2 autosaves, the minidump and Python error file.

You can reproduce the crash by finishing the turn, it showed a BarbarianCiv error message but didn't crash right away. Finish this new turn and crash to desktop.

Thought this could help you to debug, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Attachments

• C2CC2D.zip
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 52
I don't agree. Criminal HNs are always hostile, but I don't think Snipers should be in that category. Navajo and Klamath riflemen are other HNs who are not always hostile.

So they shouldn't be able to attack or be attacked within an opponent's borders then? That's basically what the tag means.

So they shouldn't be able to attack or be attacked within an opponent's borders then? That's basically what the tag means.

They can't attack or be attacked within a friend's borders. That's what not being Always Hostile means. They can certainly attack an enemy (including an Always Hostile HN in peacetime).

Since there are tags for both HN and Always Hostile, I'm happy to see them not always going together.

If there are no Always Hostiles who are not HNs, it would be good if we could introduce a couple. It might suit the Privateer, since historically it was generally pretty obvious - unofficially - who they were working for. There's also not much point of the Always Hostile UUs being HN, as the culture bonus usually will only have one owner in the course of a game.

nevermind. seems i had to download latest version of custom civs in GEM thread.

nevermind. seems i had to download latest version of custom civs in GEM thread.

Yeah Harrier has all the old custom civs, but i dont know for sure if they work currently with the new SVN??

They can't attack or be attacked within a friend's borders. That's what not being Always Hostile means. They can certainly attack an enemy (including an Always Hostile HN in peacetime).

Since there are tags for both HN and Always Hostile, I'm happy to see them not always going together.

If there are no Always Hostiles who are not HNs, it would be good if we could introduce a couple. It might suit the Privateer, since historically it was generally pretty obvious - unofficially - who they were working for. There's also not much point of the Always Hostile UUs being HN, as the culture bonus usually will only have one owner in the course of a game.

Define 'friend'. Isn't the point of most HN units to be able to attack units without having to officially declare war? Otherwise it's mostly just a way to ignore border agreements - example: merchants. I'd counter that last statement with what's the point of being HN if you aren't Always Hostile?

Bear in mind that I'm beginning to feel I should research the tag and its effects in the code.

I got repeatable CTD on AI turn.

Help, please.

UPD: Or, maybe, somebody could tell me how to read minidump files? So I can try to find out where is a problem. Logs, unfortunately, doesn't contain anything interesting.

Attachments

• Logs+Save+MiniDump.7z
    5.8 MB · Views: 83
Isn't the point of most HN units to be able to attack units without having to officially declare war? Otherwise it's mostly just a way to ignore border agreements - example: merchants. I'd counter that last statement with what's the point of being HN if you aren't Always Hostile?

The point of Always Hostile units is to be able to attack without declaring war. Most HN units are Always Hostile, and that's why they have this ability - not because they are HN. And as far as I know, all Always Hostile units are HN, but this does not need to be the case, and that possibility is well worth exploring too.

Otherwise it's mainly a way to ignore border agreements - with state-of-the-art military units - yes that's correct. This ability needs to be properly explored before writing it off as useless.

The point of Always Hostile units is to be able to attack without declaring war. Most HN units are Always Hostile, and that's why they have this ability - not because they are HN. And as far as I know, all Always Hostile units are HN, but this does not need to be the case, and that possibility is well worth exploring too.

Otherwise it's mainly a way to ignore border agreements - with state-of-the-art military units - yes that's correct. This ability needs to be properly explored before writing it off as useless.

Not useless - I would just disagree that Strike Team units shouldn't be able to attack without a declaration of war on the basis of gameplay. Don't get me wrong though I do understand the intention. Modern Special Forces for example can't exactly get away with attacking a Canadian Mountie but certainly CAN attack an enemy, such as Osama Bin Laden, in someone else's borders and sneak through those borders even if there isn't an open border agreement (such as in Pakistan.)

I just worry that for the game effect it might be too restrictive... I suppose from Sniper onward it might make sense to enforce declarations of war for attacking a unit. It almost begs two differing types of Strike Teams and thus upgrade chains. Guerrillas for example, would be the type that would be always hostile (they are not criminal units - far too military for that.)

I'm not sure what an Always Hostile without HN would be... I suppose I get your point about Privateers but I would also think the fact that other nations 'knew' the identities of privateer units historically would've been due to spy actions like stealing plans. If a unit is able to attack another unit I can't imagine a situation where that wouldn't spark a war if it the attack was made under the clear declaration of nationality.

Moved to another thread.

Top Bottom