Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

SVN 8052. Using PerferctWorld2f.

Not sure where to post this as it may be a bug or not, but something needs changing.

I have Useable Mountains set to on.

Pre - mountaineering tech.

I gave my first Great General the enter mountains promotion. I moved a gatherer on to the mountain, which had Obsidian. I built a trail path and stone tools workshop, my city was next to the mountain.

However, I did not get the Obsidian resource in my city.

Either, I should get the resource, or workers should not be able to build improvements until the mountaineering tech is reached.

SVN 8052. Using PerferctWorld2f.

Not sure where to post this as it may be a bug or not, but something needs changing.

I have Useable Mountains set to on.

Pre - mountaineering tech.

I gave my first Great General the enter mountains promotion. I moved a gatherer on to the mountain, which had Obsidian. I built a trail path and stone tools workshop, my city was next to the mountain.

However, I did not get the Obsidian resource in my city.

Either, I should get the resource, or workers should not be able to build improvements until the mountaineering tech is reached.

Ok, finally I was wondering if this would be an issue or not. Ok, so... confirmed. Will be something to resolve before the next release. Thanks for expressing this.

I created a new city and next turn I was pretty surprised, look at the attached picture

Attachments

• c4-bug.jpg
    c4-bug.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 103
Yeh, that's interesting...

@most who've posted bugs: This cycle I've been leaving most bugs alone and letting this thread build up with reports. Once we enter the freeze or debugging phase of the cycle I'll be getting to a lot of things I'm leaving be for now - not to say those errors you're finding are low priority, just trying to organize efforts a little better than they had been during development cycles before.

Please, as a standard rule of thumb, if you have a bug like this last one, please post the save (and if you have one from before the problem began that would be helpful too with instructions on how to replicate the steps to get to the bugged state.)

Assert Failed

File: CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 5240
SVN-Rev: 8055
Expression: stricmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message: info type 'BUILDING_PALEOLITHIC_SABRETOOTH_REMAINS' not found, Current XML file is: modules\MrAzure\Celebration\Festivals\Festivals_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

----------------------------------------------------------
Getting this running the debugger.

I got it. I changed the name of the building in the infos file but forgot to in the class file.

It is one of those errors which says the wrong thing. It should just say building not found and not reference a file.

But it is a real error this time and a perfect example why i wanted to display those errors in the release dll not just the debug dll.
I fixed most of those error messages to report the correct file but i missed that one:(.

But it is a real error this time and a perfect example why i wanted to display those errors in the release dll not just the debug dll.
I fixed most of those error messages to report the correct file but i missed that one:(.

It is fairly new, I think I only did it last week.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of problem on my end, but I haven't played c2c in a couple months and start it up to find the font being off?

It's not TOO bad there, but when in game with the smaller text, it's impossible to read. I've tried clearing the cache, but got nothing. Any idea?

Attachments

• font.jpg
    font.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 98
I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of problem on my end, but I haven't played c2c in a couple months and start it up to find the font being off?

It's not TOO bad there, but when in game with the smaller text, it's impossible to read. I've tried clearing the cache, but got nothing. Any idea?

Put it on 1024X768 once.

Done. Didn't seem to help..

It looks like you don't have the font the game uses installed, so it is using some other font - like the first one or last one in the list of fonts, or the one immediately before or after where the one it is looking for in the list of fonts.

The default font is Sylfaen and Civ4 comes with it. There should be a true type font file called "sylfaen.ttf" in "\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Resource\Fonts" (or some similar place - the exact path may vary if you got it as a download). Find the font file and install the font (there is probably an option to do so on the menu you get if you right click the font file).

With a little luck that will solve your font problem.

here is the save game that caused me to gain 9Mega golds, just create the city with the settler and let him build lichen gatherer, intersting is when I did it now it didnt give me 9Mega but instead next turn it showed the lichen gatherer will be built in like 100000 turns...

Attachments

• c2c 35 - lincoln - large - 22civ - eternity - ancient - monarch - no barbs - 5 citiesAll2.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 30
In the pedia im particular the unit upgrade page, the hover over on the icons only shows one set of details. Pressing the Alt, Ctrl or shift key and moving off an on have no effect.

In the pedia im particular the unit upgrade page, the hover over on the icons only shows one set of details. Pressing the Alt, Ctrl or shift key and moving off an on have no effect.

I've noticed that but I don't think anything can be done about it... it's either an issue through the exe or python but hotkeys aren't being registered during the pedia sessions so there's really nothing more I can do with that sadly. Alternatively, we can TRY to get some control back over the dimmensions of the help hover (something about the BUG/Bull reprogramming is stumping all attempts to directly manipulate these), give line count automatic hard returns, and remove the hotkey generated pages entirely by giving ourselves more room to display. This is python far beyond my ability.

here is the save game that caused me to gain 9Mega golds, just create the city with the settler and let him build lichen gatherer, intersting is when I did it now it didnt give me 9Mega but instead next turn it showed the lichen gatherer will be built in like 100000 turns...

Thank you for that!

For now, you can PROBABLY correct the error with a recalculation after the city is built. CTRL-SHIFT-T I THINK should start a recalc.

The other problem that occurs is that sometimes the hover over goes outside the game screen so is cut off at the top or bottom. This implies we need to look at the whole issue of hover over display.

The other problem that occurs is that sometimes the hover over goes outside the game screen so is cut off at the top or bottom. This implies we need to look at the whole issue of hover over display.
That's what the hotkey pages were setup to help avoid but it's only a matter of time and further development before even that gets overwhelmed (and it already is in some cases.)

So yes, it would be better to redesign the help hover parameters if we can figure out how.

Latest SVN
Repeatable CTD after end of turn.
Playing on GEM map with Custom Civs (civs archive attached). Game is pretty mature (deep in renaissance).

When i try to upload files - forum gives me error about security token etc. so i DLed both archives here:

https://yadi.sk/d/rokfBMB_cMnic (savegame)
https://yadi.sk/d/ZQLQEJVrcMnmu (custom civs for GEM)

Top Bottom