Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Because i has a big BLUE indicator across the middle of my PC say, "Memory Failure and some other words", thats why?:p

Ok, it wasn't clear from the minidump. Did you play those 687 turns in Autoplay? if you did after restarting the game it should work again.
My long running Autoplay sessions always end with memory problems because of memory leaks.

Ok, it wasn't clear from the minidump. Did you play those 687 turns in Autoplay? if you did after restarting the game it should work again.
My long running Autoplay sessions always end with memory problems because of memory leaks.

Yaa ok i got it, thx. . . So when can i get those changes you made, i am sick and tired of those over 30 seconds long turns and am only in Ancient to Classical Era??:sad: Do you want other slowdowns from Ancient Era?

the game just suddenly crashed without any message. Loading the last autosave seems to have gone well. I've attached some of the log files that appear as last modified at the exact time of the crash. The reason why i'm not attaching a saved game is that this crash is inconsistent - i.e. it occurs after playing for a random number of turns and not after a specific number (right now i'm expecting to play without issues for ~50 turns, but i'm sure it'll crash some time after).

SVN version - 7858

that's a very annoying problem, it happen to me very often too :mad: :mad: :mad: 35 version is very unestable

Sometimes i just want to stop playing C2C, you can't play 30 turns witout crashes :sad: :sad:

and the AI, as you have mentioned back, isn't making military units and the expantions is very slow... that removes all the taste of the game

that's a very annoying problem, it happen to me very often too :mad: :mad: :mad: 35 version is very unestable

Sometimes i just want to stop playing C2C, you can't play 30 turns witout crashes :sad: :sad:

and the AI, as you have mentioned back, isn't making military units and the expantions is very slow... that removes all the taste of the game

Sorry fab but I have to disagree, v35 is stable. I've played over 500 turns on a Monarch game so far and have not had a single instance of a CTD nor a slowdown of any kind. I suspect the problem is on your end. Same goes for Crusader2010.

Supply a savegame right before the CTD and the minidump (compressed) before you make wild claims against the mod. Back up what you say. Just sayin'. :)

As for expansion, yes it has been slowed down and is still under discussion.

JosEPh

that's a very annoying problem, it happen to me very often too 35 version is very unestable

Sometimes i just want to stop playing C2C, you can't play 30 turns witout crashes

Sorry fab but I have to disagree, v35 is stable. I've played over 500 turns on a Monarch game so far and have not had a single instance of a CTD nor a slowdown of any kind. I suspect the problem is on your end. Same goes for Crusader2010.

Supply a savegame right before the CTD and the minidump (compressed) before you make wild claims against the mod. Back up what you say. Just sayin'. :)

JosEPh

I have to agree with Joe above, i have played 10 games now WITHOUT a crash and i have all games into the Industrial Era.:)

V 35 is the MOST stable version we have had yet. So its not the game, but maybe your PC.

When you huys get an updated version of the SVn, do you just move the selected stuff that was changed or what? Most of the time that works, but after 5 or so times, you need to delete everything in that folder and get a whole new FRESH svn in your playing game.

JosEPh

I did supply the minidump and logs in a zip file (that no one downloaded it seems) :)

A savegame is useless because after loading it the game isn't going to crash on the next turn. As someone said before, it might have been an issue with the meshes of some models that caused the crash. Didn't have a crash yet with a later version of the SVN (786x), but i'll keep playing :p

an issue with the meshes of some models that caused the crash. Didn't have a crash yet with a later version of the SVN (786x), but i'll keep playing :p

Yeppers that was it, but i believe Hydro has since fixed those issues.:)

I did supply the minidump and logs in a zip file (that no one downloaded it seems) :)

A savegame is useless because after loading it the game isn't going to crash on the next turn. As someone said before, it might have been an issue with the meshes of some models that caused the crash. Didn't have a crash yet with a later version of the SVN (786x), but i'll keep playing :p

Well I've posted screen shots of the bad animal meshes and I still have not had a random or any other kind of CTD. So perhaps you comps video graphics is having problem with not enough usable ram available? Do you let "Windows" manage your Ram? And how big is your paging file?

JosEPh

JosEPh

LoL, I didn't meant to sound wild or agressive, However im sorry.:mischief:

Maybe the problem is in my pc, but is a kind strange, i can play any other game with out any problem, maybe the bug is in the video card but im not sure. For example i am having problems with the graphics of the wild animals, on the screen appears some irregular lines and figures. I guess my VC isn't compatible at some level..:twitch:

ANd there is a problem with the BUG options, it doesn't save the configuration

P.S: Again i dont want to sound agressive, Just wanna tell you all the troubles that i am having to make this mod day by day... better ! :) :rockon:

Well I've posted screen shots of the bad animal meshes and I still have not had a random or any other kind of CTD. So perhaps you comps video graphics is having problem with not enough usable ram available? Do you let "Windows" manage your Ram? And how big is your paging file?

JosEPh

Well, i'm using Win7 x64, 8GB RAM, 4GB VRAM on a GTX770. Paging file is 15GB on the Windows partition, and system managed on the other one (where i also have the game installed and every other game). I'm keeping it like this because it was the best way to manage larger games in need of "space", rather than giving a fixed number and experiencing sudden lockups after some time of play. Currently Windows is allocating 8GB for this second partition, and there are 200GB free. The only way this is video(ram) related is in terms of memory leaks that add up over time and then cause a chain reaction that crashes some module of the game (e.g. the garbage collector subroutines, unhandled "try-catch" blocks that end up null-ing some variables, etc). Maybe the large amount of VRAM mattered in the fact that it took 50-100 turns for a crash to occur, while other people were having them after every 5-30 turns.

What do you mean by letting Windows manage the RAM?

PS: @fab_floyd: about the BUG options saving: load your game, set the options, save the game, then save the game again WITHOUT doing anything else in-between. Got this from another thread (thx to the people who helped with this).

PS: @fab_floyd: about the BUG options saving: load your game, set the options, save the game, then save the game again WITHOUT doing anything else in-between. Got this from another thread (thx to the people who helped with this).

Thank you very much :smoke:

Well, i'm using Win7 x64, 8GB RAM, 4GB VRAM on a GTX770. Paging file is 15GB on the Windows partition, and system managed on the other one (where i also have the game installed and every other game). I'm keeping it like this because it was the best way to manage larger games in need of "space", rather than giving a fixed number and experiencing sudden lockups after some time of play. Currently Windows is allocating 8GB for this second partition, and there are 200GB free. The only way this is video(ram) related is in terms of memory leaks that add up over time and then cause a chain reaction that crashes some module of the game (e.g. the garbage collector subroutines, unhandled "try-catch" blocks that end up null-ing some variables, etc). Maybe the large amount of VRAM mattered in the fact that it took 50-100 turns for a crash to occur, while other people were having them after every 5-30 turns.

It must be something on your end because i have a AMD HD7950XT with only 3GB VRAM. But i can run the game on autoplay for over 1100 turns before it reaches ~2.6GB RAM usage and crashes. I did that more then 10 times in the last two weeks without any other CTD or MAF problems.

We don't have the source code for the Civ4BeyondSword.exe this means we can't fix possible errors inside the Engine.

It must be something on your end because i have a AMD HD7950XT with only 3GB VRAM. But i can run the game on autoplay for over 1100 turns before it reaches ~2.6GB RAM usage and crashes. I did that more then 10 times in the last two weeks without any other CTD or MAF problems.

We don't have the source code for the Civ4BeyondSword.exe this means we can't fix possible errors inside the Engine.

One thing that happens to me alot is if you are running the SVN copy, after 5-7 different commits, you need to "completely" change your assets folder to that of your SVN, that usually works.

That is where i sent you those errors before, because i forgot to re-do the assets and only changed the commits.

Just what you posted.

And I've had no CTD's with the new version. Nor did I from using the svn versions before the release.

And I only have a Nvidia GT 550i with 2GB, win 7 64 pro, 8GB 1333Mhz ram with i7 2600K cpu on a MSI P67A-S40(B3) mobo with a 1st gen TB HD (slow). So go figure why you have CTD's and I don't.

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm running DirectX 10 with the games DX9 re-installed and your using DX11?

JosEPh

Just what you posted.

And I've had no CTD's with the new version. Nor did I from using the svn versions before the release.

And I only have a Nvidia GT 550i with 2GB, win 7 64 pro, 8GB 1333Mhz ram with i7 2600K cpu on a MSI P67A-S40(B3) mobo with a 1st gen TB HD (slow). So go figure why you have CTD's and I don't.

Edit: Maybe it's because I'm running DirectX 10 with the games DX9 re-installed and your using DX11?

JosEPh

Currently i did not have any more CTDs (i.e. with the build i'm playing - 7866) except Friday when i played last, but i need to see it happens again before i post any logs and such (it was a crash with no message anyway). I'll also try reinstalling DX9 to see if it changes anything (i'm playing quite a lot of games so I have probably all the DX versions installed and reinstalled; the one for 9.0c was always the "last" one, i.e. from April 2006/2007 i think (or an earlier year).

Also, how likely is it that everything happens because I haven't started a new game after changing the SVN version of the mod 2 times? (I did it properly, by deleting the whole folder and exporting from the Tortoise-linked one).

PS: next time there's a crash i'll post some logs and the saved game (although it never crashes again on the next turn).

Ok, LOL, that didn't take long. I've attached the minidump, saved game, and the logs that were last modified at the time of the crash. The problem occurred while I was looking at the world builder.

Note: I also (properly) updated to the latest SVN version (7873) and recomputed the modifiers on the saved game (there were no errors and such).

Attachments

• crash.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
@ alberts2

I am currently play a single player game, and i am in the Ren Era, and i have yet to have a turn over 25 seconds, which is PERFECT.

But when i go back to the other savedgames i have they are ALL over 1 minute:crazyeye: and some are in the Classical Era

If you want a copy of the GREAT game to look at, just let me know, again i also have some game that are normal and the next turn go over 1 minute also, i have each same before and after.

I do and what is YOUR desired level?

I don't, I use Custom settings and a page file size of 12,xxxMB. I have Win 7 64 and you can still do that. Don't know about win 8 and what it will allow the user/admin to do. As from all reports I've read it's not user friendly.

And I'm not looking forward to being forced into using the "Cloud" either.

JosEPh

Just had 2 random Non repeating CtD's in a 7 minute span. Attached are the 2 minidumps, both the exact same size.

If I can get it to repeat I'll post savegame.

JosEPh

Top Bottom