Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

It seems there is an issue with the "smartmap" generator. I've created a gigantic map, with 4 other civs.

The problem is that i cannot open this map in the world builder. After 1-2 minutes it always crashes to desktop with no error message. The planet_generator_068 is ok, and allows me to load the map in the builder, so I suppose it's something going on with this other script. The crash occurs each and every time, with any new map generated that way.

Any ideas?

That's interesting... debugging crashes in WB are very difficult as they take place in python most of the time but when I do start looking at catching up to crash reports this weekend I'll take a look into that and see if its something I CAN do anything about.

I am getting a consistent CTD when I try to go into WB also but I used the tectonics map script.

If the only herd animal you have is horses you can't get carcass so you can't get butchers or the omega child crew. It is only some western European cultures that don't eat horses iirc.

I think we need to rethink the appearance of the herds and what the differences between them are. Currently you can view and improve horse, deer, bison but only get deer and bison very early. You can't see the other herds until "Animal Husbandry" and don't get horses until later. I don't see why a herd of cattle can hide while a herd of deer can't.

I have not yet reached tribalism, playing noble at snail on a huge world. I have never had my tech above 60% because my income is at -1 gold per and none of the money buildings have changed that though I have 4 or 5 of them. I have only 3 trackers, one stone thrower, tribal guardian and one gatherer. I can't even afford keep any subdued animals for my second city. I am still getting a tech every 4-5 turns which would be OK if I was at 100% science.

I am getting a consistent CTD when I try to go into WB

Which means its an art problem, try taking out those NEW x-experimental animals once:dunno:

Also do you just change files around in your working /playing copy with the SVN stuff that is changed, if so, that also is the problem, try using a complete NEW SVN Assets folder from there and try again also.

I have not yet reached tribalism, playing noble at snail on a huge world. I have never had my tech above 60% because my income is at -1 gold per and none of the money buildings have changed that though I have 4 or 5 of them. I have only 3 trackers, one stone thrower, tribal guardian and one gatherer. I can't even afford keep any subdued animals for my second city.

Sorry for the off-topic, but do you have a second city? if yes, HOW? i might be missing some important gameplay thingy (i.e. i'm a complete noob), but i didn't know you can found new cities before tribalism, unless you conquer them (which is unlikely since you cannot really sustain the troops to do it).

Sorry for the off-topic, but do you have a second city?

I think DH wants to save some animals to use when he builds his second city after reaching Tribalism. But he can't due to the support costs.

Just updated to SVN 7878. After playing some turns some of the resource indicators on the map stopped showing up. For example, i can see "resin" and "olives" but "stone", "prime timber", "donkeys" and others don't show up. Any ideas how to get them back?

PS: had some MAFs after saving the game once and another time while ending the turn, but the resources were hidden before that. Reloading the game accomplished nothing.

EDIT: loading previous autosaves changes nothing :(

EDIT2: ok, it seems the view mode changed to only luxuries rather than "everything". Hopefully someone can find out why this happens :D

EDIT3: haha, take a look at the screenshot. That's an awesome crocodile :D (the Ourangutan model is also showing up an axeman).

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 111
Just updated to SVN 7878. After playing some turns some of the resource indicators on the map stopped showing up. For example, i can see "resin" and "olives" but "stone", "prime timber", "donkeys" and others don't show up. Any ideas how to get them back?

Try to zoom out (globe view), click on resource icon near minimap and then zoom in.

PS: had some MAFs after saving the game once and another time while ending the turn, but the resources were hidden before that. Reloading the game accomplished nothing.

EDIT: loading previous autosaves changes nothing :(

EDIT2: ok, it seems the view mode changed to only luxuries rather than "everything". Hopefully someone can find out why this happens :D

EDIT3: haha, take a look at the screenshot. That's an awesome crocodile :D (the Ourangutan model is also showing up an axeman).

It looks like you have your graphics on "single" take it off that and see if that works then.

Try to zoom out (globe view), click on resource icon near minimap and then zoom in.

thanks, i did that and the resource view was on "luxuries" rather than everything. No idea how this happened since i didn't change it at all.

It looks like you have your graphics on "single" take it off that and see if that works then.

I had actually changed the "no animations" option (i've been playing with single unit graphics with no issues). Reverted it and now everything shows up properly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Repeatable CTD. Move the tracker two plots to the south-east. There should only be one tracker active - there are two in the west, it is the southern most one. I can't even go into WB to find the problem.

Natural wonder Aurora does miss the building Wonder of Nature: Aurora.

Repeatable CTD. Move the tracker two plots to the south-east. There should only be one tracker active - there are two in the west, it is the southern most one. I can't even go into WB to find the problem.

It's crashing inside the exe so there is nothing we can do. But it is odd that we have alot such crashes at the moment.

It's crashing inside the exe so there is nothing we can do. But it is odd that we have alot such crashes at the moment.

I still say its the recent animals that have been committed recently, before them we didnt have that many CTD's now that they are ingame, we are having all kinds of problems:crazyeye:
Like i said earlier, take OUT the z-experim folder and see if that makes a difference.

I've been thinking...

One of the biggest causes for crashes has come from units with art errors. Is it really too much to ask that with every art define put in play the one committing test the art by placing the unit on the board in worldbuilder in a simple game setup to make sure the unit comes into play without error? Sure would make it easier to find the problem before it's become one.

And along those lines, we should probably get a list of the most recent unit art adjustments and test each and every one of them in worldbuilder. It's a labor of patience but it'll probably find what most or all of these crashes are coming from.

@ TB

Am trying to load only 1 worker (size matters is ineffect) and i think that might be the culprit. I only have 2 other workers already added to 2 galleons, and thats it but it will NOT accept this 1 worker??

Your worker is double grouped so it's probably too big for the galleon.

Hold shift, alt or ctrl (can't recall unless I'm in the game which) when hovering over the worker image (not on the map) to find the Cargo Volume of the unit. Do the same on the ship to find the Cargo Space. Volume is what fills the space. If there's not enough space for the unit, the unit can't load. I suspect you'll need to split that worker to get him on the boat.

Thankfully the AI should understand how to do this when its necessary though I think there may be some further need to refine that process both pre-loading and after dropoff to get them to remerge properly. I'll work on that more soon.

Note: from the screenshot alone, that one worker IS larger than the other two combined. It's roughly the size of 9 workers while one already loaded unit is roughly the size of 3 and the other loaded unit the size of one. It depends a bit on the original group and size category settings and off the top of my head I can't recall if all of the basic types of workers in that pic would be equivalent to each other at the base but I suspect they would be.

Top Bottom