Single Player bugs and crashes v36 download - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the game already pre patched from Steam? If so then someone who uses Steam bought Civ IV BtS will need to reply to see if you have it in the right place in your directories. Steam is different obviously than if you had bought the Retail 2CD set for BtS.

Or did you run the in game Updater? If you did this then you will need to use the link Dancing Hoskuld provided and install the 3.19 patch manually.

Question: when you try and load the Mod did you go thru the Advanced Option when BtS loaded? Then from that option selected Load Mod?

Also when you load BtS are you getting the Classical BtS screen?

And finally when you try to load Caveman2Cosmos the 1st time it will look like the game has went back to desk top. It has not it takes up to 10 minutes for the initial Load to complete. This Is a Big Mod. After the initial load subsequent loadings will be much shorter.

JosEPh

Was the game already pre patched from Steam? If so then someone who uses Steam bought Civ IV BtS will need to reply to see if you have it in the right place in your directories. Steam is different obviously than if you had bought the Retail 2CD set for BtS.

Or did you run the in game Updater? If you did this then you will need to use the link Dancing Hoskuld provided and install the 3.19 patch manually.

Question: when you try and load the Mod did you go thru the Advanced Option when BtS loaded? Then from that option selected Load Mod?

Also when you load BtS are you getting the Classical BtS screen?

And finally when you try to load Caveman2Cosmos the 1st time it will look like the game has went back to desk top. It has not it takes up to 10 minutes for the initial Load to complete. This Is a Big Mod. After the initial load subsequent loadings will be much shorter.

JosEPh

1. The initial Steam download came with the 3.19 patch, no previous versions mentioned.

2. I did go through the Advanced Option and selected load mod.

3. I am getting the classic BTS screen.

4. The issue is that the mod does not appear in the list of mods to be loaded, not that upon attempting to select it the game seems to crash. The list of mods only includes those coming with the base game, last on the list being Rhye's and Fall mod.

The initial Steam download 3.19 patch is different to the 3.19 patch found on the civ fanatics website that you must use and install manually. Search for it on this forum and install that and see if it fixes things up for you.

Never mind, problem solved. I had to play a normal game and save it, creating the files in the place that the game actually searches for instead of a steam location, then move the Caveman2Cosmos folder to the mod folder in THAT version instead. Not a problem most players would run into, but I got the game almost for the sole purpose of playing the mod, thus the game was looking in the a file that didn't exist.

Happy to hear you solved the problem.

And Welcome to C2C! :D

JosEPh

Apologies ahead of time if this has already been reported:

V36+Crime patch (not the replacement save breaking version either)

Asset problem: Art_Def_Great_Person Pascual_Orzco was not found.

V36+Original Crime patch (not the replacement save breaking version 9230?)

Anyway repeatable CTD... just go to next turn.
(too bad this was an interesting late medieval/early ren. game)

Edit:
I remember someone found a problem with one of the Wonders that caused a crash. I would be appreciative if I could be directed to that post/thread; I'd like to check if that is what is causing my problem.
I realize that you are all well beyond this build and will unlikely look at/find my save to be useful.

It's not the Lotus Temple issue, as no one is anywhere near the Radio tech.

Attachments

• C2C Rome2.7z
    3.6 MB · Views: 82
Wish I could help....but I can't on this one. :(

JosEPh

V36+Original Crime patch (not the replacement save breaking version 9230?)

Anyway repeatable CTD... just go to next turn.
(too bad this was an interesting late medieval/early ren. game)

Edit:
I remember someone found a problem with one of the Wonders that caused a crash. I would be appreciative if I could be directed to that post/thread; I'd like to check if that is what is causing my problem.
I realize that you are all well beyond this build and will unlikely look at/find my save to be useful.

It's not the Lotus Temple issue, as no one is anywhere near the Radio tech.

Yeah, hard to think I'll be able to do much with this. Maybe. By updating to the SVN rev that your build would represent (@Joe: what is that exactly in this case?) I might be able to build and run a debug dll that would help me fix this.

Try turning off any and all combat animations with quick combat options. That might help.

SVN 9016 is the version Taxman has.

JosEPh

I already use quick combat, since the start of the game (there's too many units after a certain point to watch animations). I don't think I was overloading memory, end of turn times are (were?) still relatively quick (~90 - 120 seconds) and was only using a Large map with 7/8 remaining opponents.

It's OK if you can't do anything. I thought it would be unlikely given how old the build was. I just liked this game. I gave myself some 'role-playing' limitations to keep me from running away with the game early (the biggest of which were: Attack/Kill only 1 neighbor in an offensive war, Severely limit the number of religions I pick up use (basically 1 'ancient' and 1 'modern')... right now I'm still on my first (Hellenism)).

On a side note I did discover something that the AI coding should probably be adjusted by. AI choice for city builds should deprioritize :gold when there is a large amount banked and a large per turn income. City builds should also deprioritize (not necessarily remove) crime producing buildings (particularly the ones whose sole benefit is :gold). I have some younger/baby cities that I tried using the auto build feature for a while, after I got them started with cheap production and food buildings. The AI wanted to go crazy on the :gold, particularly the high :gold/crime buildings when I had a fortune in gold (~1 mil) and a large income.

It could also be unlocking units they were after, not just gold. But generally speaking, it will to an extent consider gold a fluctuating value based on current need. It won't be ever so demotivated to build those crime for gold buildings that it won't build them. Better to build them and pop out another crime control unit to counter the crime than it is not to build them at all.

I'm sorry for being reluctant. With the backlog of bugs I already have, it's something I'd be reluctant to do, particularly since setting myself up to debug this one could take hours. But if you save the game, it may be something I can eventually get to.

No problem, I understand. I'm a bit reluctant to update to the game breaking patch given all the issues with criminals (and I don't use the SVN sorry).

As for the AI choice... there were tons of better things to build than gambling hall/den etc... Even better gold generating buildings, though I did not need the gold.

No problem, I understand. I'm a bit reluctant to update to the game breaking patch given all the issues with criminals (and I don't use the SVN sorry).

As for the AI choice... there were tons of better things to build than gambling hall/den etc... Even better gold generating buildings, though I did not need the gold.

The Criminals are not that bad if you don't use the Hide and Seek Option. When you get your 1st watcher put it on Crime Fighting and then build a 2nd and put it on Inspection. This will help with criminals hiding in your cities. Give each their appropriate promotions as the game progresses. And of course add to each new watchers/upgrades as needed during course of play.

I (for personal play) do not use Combat Mod, Size matters, or Hide and Seek and my games are not over run with criminals. I have also stopped building the early Crime fighting building Exiles right off the bat. I have found that if you wait and put it off during the whole Preh Era you have a more stable Crime fighting play for your game.

So I would suggest you keep a copy of the version you are now playing SVN 9016 (just keep it out of the BtS directory so you won't get conflicts with cache). But, go ahead and D/L the latest SVN 9230 Patch version to try out.

JosEPh

Hello,

I am receiving many errors when launching C2C. It works, but I have to press OK about 50 times while the launcher splash loading bar says [Caveman2Cosmos] Init XML (uncached)

The error popup will say something like

Code:
IO Error: Assets\xml\text\moreciv4lerts options.xml : File can't be found

followed by

Code:
LoadXML call failed for xml\text\moreciv4lerts options.xml.
Current XML file is: xml\text\terrain_civ4gametext.xml

It will repeat this for numerous xml files, over a dozen of them at least. I can list them all if asked, but they do not seem to follow a pattern other than all these xml files are located in "Assets\xml\text\"

I have Civ 4 BTS patched to the current version. I have BUG and BULL installed separately, I understand they are also included within C2C anyways. I have tried loading regular Civ 4 BTS and another mod (FFH) and they do not have these errors. I have installed Civ 4 from disc. I have the latest version of C2C, V36. I have the Caveman2Cosmos folder placed in the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods" folder.

What is wrong, and how can I fix it? The game runs, but I would imagine I am missing some correct text entries. I've never played C2C before so I can't tell you if something is not working correctly. If I can include any more information, please let me know.

Thank you. I am eager to try this mod.

Hello,

I am receiving many errors when launching C2C. It works, but I have to press OK about 50 times while the launcher splash loading bar says [Caveman2Cosmos] Init XML (uncached)

The error popup will say something like

Code:
IO Error: Assets\xml\text\moreciv4lerts options.xml : File can't be found

followed by

Code:
LoadXML call failed for xml\text\moreciv4lerts options.xml.
Current XML file is: xml\text\terrain_civ4gametext.xml

It will repeat this for numerous xml files, over a dozen of them at least. I can list them all if asked, but they do not seem to follow a pattern other than all these xml files are located in "Assets\xml\text\"

I have Civ 4 BTS patched to the current version. I have BUG and BULL installed separately, I understand they are also included within C2C anyways. I have tried loading regular Civ 4 BTS and another mod (FFH) and they do not have these errors. I have installed Civ 4 from disc. I have the latest version of C2C, V36. I have the Caveman2Cosmos folder placed in the "Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods" folder.

What is wrong, and how can I fix it? The game runs, but I would imagine I am missing some correct text entries. I've never played C2C before so I can't tell you if something is not working correctly. If I can include any more information, please let me know.

Thank you. I am eager to try this mod.

Are you running the game as Administrator?

And since you have BUG and BULL installed separately in the BtS/Mods folder you need to do a Play Now Caveman2Cosmos game to start. But Play 1 turn with it only, this resets the "cache". Then you should be able to start a Custom Caveman2Cosmos game.

Screenshots of the errors always helps.

We have several Patches for the v36 Official release version. See the Crime Patch thread. As a new Player I would suggest getting the 9016 version found in Post # 44 of that thread and then applying the Last Patch (9230) to further update to more current Mod status. Instructions are in that thread.

And Welcome to the Mod! :D

JosEPh :)

Are you running the game as Administrator?

And since you have BUG and BULL installed separately in the BtS/Mods folder you need to do a Play Now Caveman2Cosmos game to start. But Play 1 turn with it only, this resets the "cache". Then you should be able to start a Custom Caveman2Cosmos game.

Screenshots of the errors always helps.

We have several Patches for the v36 Official release version. See the Crime Patch thread. As a new Player I would suggest getting the 9016 version found in Post # 44 of that thread and then applying the Last Patch (9230) to further update to more current Mod status. Instructions are in that thread.

And Welcome to the Mod! :D

JosEPh :)

I am running the game as administrator. And correction: I am running BUG and BULL not as mods, but integrated into the my games/beyond the sword/customassets foldier. BTS works fine with BUG and BULL.

Here are the two errors I get (multiplied by about 20 for other, similar *.xml files): http://imgur.com/a/19Rwp

I've noticed that the *.xml files the error messages are referencing do not exist within the mod's folder, for example \assets\xml\text\moreciv4lerts options.xml isn't there when I look for it in windows.

What a mess! Do you have any idea what we can do?

I am running the game as administrator. And correction: I am running BUG and BULL not as mods, but integrated into the my games/beyond the sword/customassets foldier. BTS works fine with BUG and BULL.

Here are the two errors I get (multiplied by about 20 for other, similar *.xml files): http://imgur.com/a/19Rwp

I've noticed that the *.xml files the error messages are referencing do not exist within the mod's folder, for example \assets\xml\text\moreciv4lerts options.xml isn't there when I look for it in windows.

What a mess! Do you have any idea what we can do?

Caveman2Cosmos has BUG and BULL already in it. This means you must turn off Custom Assets. I think it is in the caveman2Cosmos.ini file. I thought we had that as default but it does not appear to be the case. I think it should be
Code:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = [B]1[/B]

Caveman2Cosmos has BUG and BULL already in it. This means you must turn off Custom Assets. I think it is in the caveman2Cosmos.ini file. I thought we had that as default but it does not appear to be the case. I think it should be
Code:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = [B]1[/B]

That worked! No errors during launch! :thanx:

The only minor issue I have remaining is the game crashes when I select Exit to Main Menu from in the game, but that I can live with. But if there is a fix for that, that would be swell too.

Again thanks a lot. Nice job finding the problem!

Hello, i have problem with Caveman2Cosmos. When the city is my city named Uchiha increases with the size 12 to size 13, the game throws me to the desktop.

In the middle of .rar you find the saved game file pytonerr2 (pythonerr was empty) and the minidump file.

http://speedy.sh/6DKQD/Save-MiniDump-PythonErr.rar
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1czcsc

Two links containing the same file.

For all your help I will be extremely grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom