1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

Normal hunters are national units (max 5) but Neanderthal hunters are unlimited. Bug or feature?

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Spose I could limit them the same. I always forget unit limits since I play with unlimited national units.

3. Usul13

Usul13 Warlord

There is some missing text for a group of horses. When I select them the game says they called "TXT_KEY_GROUPTITLE_BANDHorse".

I tried to upload a screenshot but I got an error message. It only said "There was a problem uploading your file."

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Thanks for pointing this out. My next commit will have it fixed.

5. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

Just updated to 9398 and Civ IV won't load C2C. Doesn't even recognize it as a valid mod. I tried the Steam C2C shortcut that I used before and the C2C shortcut in the Caveman2Cosmos folder. All that happens is vanilla Civ IV starts. I tried starting C2C from there but it tells me it's not a valid mod.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

When you say you updated, did you get a fresh checkout? If you then installed that via steam, you probably have a Caveman2Cosmos folder within the Caveman2Cosmos folder (one too many.)

It sounds like you have something wrong with your folder structure anyhow.

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Do you have this line:
    Mod = Caveman2Cosmos
    in:
    Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini
    ?

8. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

What I do is, I have a folder called C2C SVN. I right click on it and select SVN update. Once that's done, I copy over and select Export Versioned Items Here. After that's done, I copy that over to my Caveman2Cosmos folder within Civilization IV. Not sure if this is all right but is what I've done since I've started using the SVN version quite a while ago.
    What I have in Steam is;
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
    I added the Mod = Caveman2Cosmos line in the ini but it didn't help.
    Although the .ini file seems to have changed for some reason...
    I'm asking Santa for a new PC and just start from scratch! :D

9. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Prince

Okay tried it again and seems to work okay. Just concerned as to why the .ini decided to change itself. I would like to know if I've been updating with the SVN correctly though. As I said, I've been doing it this way for a long time but then again, that may not mean diddly.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If your system works, then it works. I just have a single caveman2cosmos folder that IS my repository, located in my mods folder. If I update, I need not copy over anything.

11. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Some times if you have a crash - standard BTS defaults some of the .ini files. Do not know why or how.

12. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

I suggest you set up a c2c shortcut that calls a different ini file (e.g. c2c.ini). Just copy the vanilla ini and rename it. Then put in the mod= line

I also suggest setting up a specific c2c profile.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You're going to get a chuckle at me for saying this but, I'd be interested in learning more about doing what you're saying to do. I've not explored these matters before. Are you talking about the core ini in Beyond the Sword or the C2C ini file? I usually keep Ini buddy up with that core ini loaded and set the way I prefer it so that when it resets itself, which it regularly does, to all defaults, I can just save the settings there in ini buddy to reestablish all the ini options I like to have in use. Is that kinda similar to what you're explaining here?

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

TXT error in the Tasmanian Devil "help" area??

Attached Files:

15. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

I'm on my phone so cant provide a link,
    First post in the 'Player How To...' thread.
    Go down almost half page to the paragrah that reads: "See this post to..." with 'this post' as a link.

Click on link. Follow instructions. Might want to print them first.

Would provide link, but doing this from a resturant on my phone.

16. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

Helvetii culture requires Bison and Coast. Since the Helvetii is the old name for the Swiss, I think it would rather require mountain. And I'm not too sure about Bison (European Bison live in Eastern Europe although they may have lived in more places in the past).

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Found it: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/caveman-2-cosmos.288570/page-235#post-11371474
    Very interesting. I guess I don't have much trouble with that because I've not been switching mods lately. This is a little different than the problem I was talking about how I resolve by keeping Ini Buddy open.

18. tmv

tmv Emperor

Bavarian culture requires coast as well - some of these requirements are really strange.

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm not sure who would be the one to refer to on this. Sparth created a lot of cultures lately. Hydro did most of the original ones. So it's one of them. I don't want to override the thinking of either of them without their input and I also really don't want to personally have to make these adjustments but I can see your points and feel they are valid.

20. Taxman66

Taxman66 King

If you set this up you will have a ini file specific to c2c, so there won't be any issues with resetting the ini file on a crash, which is what you were looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.