Had this Great Person error:

Attachments

• gp.JPG
    gp.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 64
  • gp1.JPG
    gp1.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 77
Using latest SNV here. Doing ultra fast (Duel/Normal/Noble) test run trough eras to check if tech are properly located e.g tech and its requirement isn't on same X spot.
Clumn coords taken from Hydromancers google doc.
Err tech was still slow for testing lite this, set research cost modifier to zero for one beaker cost. Now I research whole column at once.

Trap Fishing can be moved to the right too: (X9 -> X10)

Flint Knapping (X10 -> X11)

Hunting Tactics (X13 -> X14)

ANCIENT:
Karma (X30 -> x31)

MEDIEVAL:
Armored Cavarly (X47 -> X48).

MODERN:
Supersonic Flight (X81 -> X82)

There are no Information and higher era lifestyles.
INFORMATION:
Metamaterials (X94 -> X95)

NANOTECH:
Megacorporations and Lunar Tourism should swap places. (X100 <-> X101)

Dystopia Pathogens (X106 -> X107)

And thats all.
I'm not sure what you're driving at here. These are currently wrong compared to Hydro's chart?

Hi.
I was playing the SVN version. 9592. And experienced a crash. There have been a few updates since 9592 so this might allready been fixed. I thought i report it just in case.
I have visual studios installed, and a VS debbuger popped up when C2C crashed.

What I understand it is an exception error in the ntdll.dll
And yeah, there might be more then one in the same file.

I dont have a log file, because i useally have that option off in BUG option. Perhaps i should put it on.

BR Loffas

Attachments

• Bug C2C SVN.png
    Bug C2C SVN.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 61
Hi.
I was playing the SVN version. 9592. And experienced a crash. There have been a few updates since 9592 so this might allready been fixed. I thought i report it just in case.

I dont have a log file, because i useally have that option off in BUG option. Perhaps i should put it on.

BR Loffas
I'll take a look at this very soon, possibly tonight.

I just fixed this issue:
Found another repeatable CTD; during the turn, in between moves, like last time. This time I can't figure out what's triggering it, but it always happens at the same time in the unit cycle.

Attached a save from the turn of the crash, a save from the turn before, and a minidump.

Most recent SVN
and I think I've got a crash from SO reported as well. I'll try to wrap them all up into one update.

I'm not sure what you're driving at here. These are currently wrong compared to Hydro's chart?
No, notice how tech and its prerequistres are on same column in pictures - techs are selected in blue.
Used Hydros chart for your ease.
I marked where these techs are, and where should be moved. (one should be swapped and rest need to be pushed into free space of next column)

For example Hard-Hammer Percussion and ground stone are in same column.
Ground stone needs Hard-Hammer percussion to be researched. Therefore Ground Stone should be moved one column to right, misplacement is shown in screenshot below:

Same with Trapping and its prerequirement tech, Tracking in same screenshot.

Here are screenshots of other misplaced techs ingame:
Spoiler :

Edit:
I fixed tech misplacements, where techs A and B were on same columns.
A was requirement for B. Now B was pushed one column to right.
Affected techs: Trapping, Ground Stone, Flint Knapping, Hunting Tactics, Karma, Armored Cavalry, Supersonic flight, Meta Materials, switched places of Megacorporations and Lunar Tourism, Dystopia Pathongens.

Spoiler :

That attached xml file is from latest SVN version

Attachments

• CIV4TechInfos.xml
    1.1 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Ground stone needs Hard-Hammer percussion to be researched. Therefore Ground Stone should be moved one column to right, misplacement is shown in screenshot below:
I think the techs and their columns are organized based on :science: cost, not to make paths.

I think the techs and their columns are organized based on :science: cost, not to make paths.
Well its their cost organized on column number, but I found these misplacements annoying. I don't think it was intentional.
Cost of moved techs can be readjusted

Last edited:
Well its their cost organized on column number, but I found these misplacements annoying. I don't think it was intentional.
Cost of moved techs can be readjusted

You can do what you want with your version of the Mod. But the Main Mod isn't going to change without a consensus of the Modders that have worked hard on the Tech Tree. Sorry it "annoys you".

Now if you find a Tech sitting on top of another tech then yes, that will get attention.

And what you are reporting as a bug is a design choice whether right or wrong.

Last edited:
You can do what you want with your version of the Mod. But the Main Mod isn't going to change without a consensus of the Modders that have worked hard on the Tech Tree. Sorry it "annoys you".

Now if you find a Tech sitting on top of another tech then yes, that will get attention.

And what you are reporting as a bug is a design choice whether right or wrong.
While in other cases it can be argued - maybe it was accidental?
But here in sxcreenshot directly below I don't think its design choice.

techs (Megacorporations and Lunar Tourism) are placed backwards.

And why its design choice of tech X and required tech of X being in same columns in all cases I reported? I can see this as design choice in these screenshots:

Spoiler :

I moved all techs, that had their reqirement in same column.

Last edited:
No, notice how tech and its prerequistres are on same column in pictures - techs are selected in blue.
Used Hydros chart for your ease.
I marked where these techs are, and where should be moved. (one should be swapped and rest need to be pushed into free space of next column)

Same with Trapping and its prerequirement tech, Tracking in same screenshot.

Here are screenshots of other misplaced techs ingame:
Spoiler :

Edit:
I fixed tech misplacements, where techs A and B were on same columns.
A was requirement for B. Now B was pushed one column to right.
Affected techs: Trapping, Ground Stone, Flint Knapping, Hunting Tactics, Karma, Armored Cavalry, Supersonic flight, Meta Materials, switched places of Megacorporations and Lunar Tourism, Dystopia Pathongens.

Spoiler :

That attached xml file is from latest SVN version
While I can appreciate your findings where problems exist, your resolutions have even more severe flaws.

Yes, I would prefer that all required techs for a tech lie on X-grid lines prior to that tech. However, the most important tech to ensure is not on the same or greater X-grid columns are the first listed OR prereq tech. This is the tech that is considered the primary required technology, thus the one that defines, by automatic process, the white arrow behavior. Many of the moves you made placed the tech on the same x-grid column as it's first OR prereq tech and it takes a bit of inspection to see what that causes with the white arrow line behavior but it's quite visible if you've trained your eye to see it. It creates a very odd little glitch arrow that comes off the tech and goes nowhere.

You've made some cases to consider some adjustments to the tech tree but I think some of the issues you discovered may be a little too difficult to sort out so we may need to simply allow AND tech prereqs (the ones listed in the top right of the tech by icons) to exist in the same (but never FUTURE) x-grid column if needbe.

I do intend to evaluate the tech tree for further changes in the future but this is not a high priority thing to resolve. It would be if the first OR prereq were flawed that I would insist we resolve the placement of the tech.

Last edited:
While I can appreciate your findings where problems exist, your resolutions have even more severe flaws.

Yes, I would prefer that all required techs for a tech lie on X-grid lines prior to that tech. However, the most important tech to ensure is not on the same or greater X-grid columns are the first listed OR prereq tech. This is the tech that is considered the primary required technology, thus the one that defines, by automatic process, the white arrow behavior. Many of the moves you made placed the tech on the same x-grid column as it's first OR prereq tech and it takes a bit of inspection to see what that causes with the white arrow line behavior but it's quite visible if you've trained your eye to see it. It creates a very odd little glitch arrow that comes off the tech and goes nowhere.

You've made some cases to consider some adjustments to the tech tree but I think some of the issues you discovered may be a little too difficult to sort out so we may need to simply allow AND tech prereqs (the ones listed in the top right of the tech by icons) to exist in the same (but never FUTURE) x-grid column if needbe.

I do intend to evaluate the tech tree for further changes in the future but this is not a high priority thing to resolve. It would be if the first OR prereq were flawed that I would insist we resolve the placement of the tech.
Snowball effect till end of times I guess. Edit: Yep I activated it after all :p - final tech would be pushed several columns forward.
Well you allowed certian prereq tech exist one column further than tech, that gets unlocked by it (Lunar Tourism is after Megacorporations, even as Megacorporations is needed for Lunar tourism)

Last edited:
Snowball effect till end of times I guess.
Well you allowed certian prereq tech exist one column further than tech, that gets unlocked by it (Lunar Tourism is after Megacorporations, even as Megacorporations is needed for Lunar tourism)

That area of the Tech Tree is still under construction for the addition of pepper2000's work in the New Eras. So yes, your last one is one that will need fixed. But it may also get fixed when ALL the New Era Techs are finally placed in the tech tree And all the associated buildings and units put into the Mod as well.

Patience my friend, patience. ;) We are still working on it.

How is the SVN going to "revert" now, now even DH has submitted something , i believe it needs to go back to 9600, before pepper didnt update before commit. . :nono:.
Get the Regular_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml and CIV4TechInfos.xml files from rev. 9600 and commit them as rev. 9605.
Those are the only files that pepper made a mistake with.

Then pepper (and perhaps DH) can make the changes they wanted to make to those two files over again without mistakes.

I think that's the best way to resolve it Toffer. Here, I haven't updated past that point yet:

Attachments

• CIV4TechInfos.xml
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • Regular_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml
    3.9 MB · Views: 39
Hi.

BR Loffas
I would need your save if it continues to happen at the same point reliably. A minidump may help if you can post it fast enough.

Top Bottom