Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

@pepper2000
I can build lunar bases and national wonder within them, but why I can actually improve Lunar terrain much later?
Now it takes around 300 turns to build one.
Screenshots are in link below:
http://imgur.com/a/xQlxL

Fully aware of Solyndra and it's failure.

I'm a solar DYI'er. I'm piecing together my own system slowly to cut my electric bill and too also have a back up power source when the shtf. My system got hurt by lightning strike about 2 weeks ago. Lost a 1000W inverter when the DSL/ IP provider service went out. Found out the phone line for the DSL was never grounded. Only replacement inverter I had left was only a 250W portable. So my small system went from 2600W to 1800W.
Getting a bit off topic but I'd like to say that it's extremely commendable that you'd take this step to invest into clean energy independence!

There has been some work done to expand on the integer limits in problem spots but there's more work to be done to kill all overflows. It's more forgiving than it initially was at least.

2,147,483,647 is the numeric limit for 32-bit systems, Vanilla Civilization employs 2 decimals for calculating gold so the theorical limit of gold is 21,474,836.47.
That's why I'm surprised you got more than 45 million gold on that save.
EDIT: I have read the Thunderbrd post :p

I don't remember the specific number but it's much larger. It's a long long int if you want to google what the limit on that type is.
Is that done for culture, research, espionage and population statistic both in city and total?

Is that done for culture, research, espionage and population statistic both in city and total?
Not all places where there is the potential for overflow have received this attention and it's also not really sufficient where it WAS applied. A deeper mechanism is still necessary.

SVN 9658: The Tannery building requires drying frame present and goes obsolete with Industrialism tech. But drying frame obsoletes with engineering tech, which comes much earlier in the tech tree, and that makes it impossible to build Tannery building after engineering.

Last edited:
SVN 9658: can't spread Elephants around.

In my current game, all Elephant spawning spots got within city radiuses quickly so I never caught a herd. As a result, I have three cities I can build and/or upgrade elephant units in: 2 have elephants in their city radius, plus one city I have National Elephant breeder in.
However I cannot build tamed elephant units to spread the elephants around. To build a tamed elephant you need Myth of the elephant. See attached screenshot.

elephant.jpg

To build Myth of the elephant you need either Myth effect - Elephant, African or Myth effect - Elephant, Asian. Which I will never get because the whole continent is covered by cities.

Please make it so that you can build Myth - Elephant also when you have OR Elephant Farm OR National Elephant Breeder (*) in addition to the current Myth effect - Elephant, African OR Myth effect - Elephant, Asian.

(*) Having a National Elephant Breeder doesn't allow you to build Elephant Farm.

EDIT: or have the Tamed Elephant be built when you have OR Elephant Farm OR National Elephant Breeder (*) in addition to the current Myth effect - Elephant. In case the AI doesn't like building myths.

Last edited:
There is bug with Herpetology lab: It requires lizards.
Lizards are obtainable trough building, that needs silk and stone in city vicinity - its only way to get lizards.
I don't have that building - Lizard Hunting Camp went obsolete at Ecological Engineering destroying only source of lizards and shutting down all herpetoology labs.

I'm using latest SVN

I wonder how many manufactured resources I lost access to before buildings requiring it went obsolete.

Last edited:
SVN 9658: can't spread Elephants around.

In my current game, all Elephant spawning spots got within city radiuses quickly so I never caught a herd. As a result, I have three cities I can build and/or upgrade elephant units in: 2 have elephants in their city radius, plus one city I have National Elephant breeder in.
However I cannot build tamed elephant units to spread the elephants around. To build a tamed elephant you need Myth of the elephant. See attached screenshot.

To build Myth of the elephant you need either Myth effect - Elephant, African or Myth effect - Elephant, Asian. Which I will never get because the whole continent is covered by cities.

Please make it so that you can build Myth - Elephant also when you have OR Elephant Farm OR National Elephant Breeder (*) in addition to the current Myth effect - Elephant, African OR Myth effect - Elephant, Asian.

(*) Having a National Elephant Breeder doesn't allow you to build Elephant Farm.

EDIT: or have the Tamed Elephant be built when you have OR Elephant Farm OR National Elephant Breeder (*) in addition to the current Myth effect - Elephant. In case the AI doesn't like building myths.
Yes this was a bug caused when it was insisted to have both an African Elephant and an Indian Elephant. It just broke so much!

What I was thinking of doing originally was giving the Myth to the first city that had a herd of some type but now there are two (elephants) it just does not work. I wanted to do that for all resource animals.

There is bug with Herpetology lab: It requires lizards.
Lizards are obtainable trough building, that needs silk and stone in city vicinity - its only way to get lizards.
I don't have that building - Lizard Hunting Camp went obsolete at Ecological Engineering destroying only source of lizards and shutting down all herpetoology labs.

I'm using latest SVN

I wonder how many manufactured resources I lost access to before buildings requiring it went obsolete.
Should be possible to have the Reptile Cage/Enclosure/House give the resource. A possible quick fix.

SVN 9658: The Tannery building requires drying frame present and goes obsolete with Industrialism tech. But drying frame obsoletes with engineering tech, which comes much earlier in the tech tree, and that makes it impossible to build Tannery building after engineering.

Good catch. Easiest solution is to make Drying Frame go obsolete at Industrialism. This and likely many others result from the building consolidation project. Unless someone else does something, I'll make the change when I do my next SVN update.

Should be possible to have the Reptile Cage/Enclosure/House give the resource. A possible quick fix.

I think that's the best solution.

Following cultures are unobtainable - can't build certian heroes.
Timurid, Roxolani, Massagetae, Lydian, Nok, Athenian, Yemenese, Missisipian, Danish, Croatian, Venetian, Soghai, Blackfoot, Ashanti, Tahitian, Yanomami, Pima, Samoa, Slovakian, Chippewa, Fijian, Nama, Madan, Malaysian, Wayana, Yaghan, Zuni
And thats all, cultures are sorted like this, because heroes were sorted by cost.

Why Celtic can't use Ancient Forest as well? It needs sheep and forest.

Good catch. Easiest solution is to make Drying Frame go obsolete at Industrialism. This and likely many others result from the building consolidation project. Unless someone else does something, I'll make the change when I do my next SVN update.

<snip>

I think Industrial is too early as well. Information would be more suitable. Drying Frames are still used today by many peoples and industries.

Drying Frames are still used today by many peoples and industries.
Good way to look at things. With resources, the more we can really replicate the truth about their involvement in human endeavors throughout time, the more the game becomes a natural instructor on things we don't have to go out of the way to make the point we're even teaching here. It just becomes an accurate reflection of the world and that's what we should seek to be as much as we can. I like it!

Coal fired dynamo isn't obsoleted by fusion unlike other dynamos. I think these are steampunk buildings.

There is critical bug with "hide obsolete worker actions" BUG option - it breaks space workers by hiding their actions.

Last edited:
SVN 9663

I have started the game over a few times and it seems to me that sometimes randomly, the "Toggle Show All Resource Display" button (the one above your mini-map thats supposed to put a little floating icon above each resource on the map) doesn't work properly. Ie, I started a new game, researched to the "Gathering" tech, and some resources appeared. When I press the botton to show the floating icons for them, only resin is getting an icon in this game. Pomegranates, squash, and coconuts are not displaying the hovering icon in this example.

I'm very new to C2C so I'm not sure if this is a bug or if this is intended in some way, but its driving me nuts trying to play a new game. If its intended I'd just like to know whats going on. :) I played Civ4 extensively with RoM: A New Dawn, and I'm super excited coming back to Civ4 and finding C2C. It looks great. I hope there is just some stupid option or something I've selected that you guys can point out to me.
no_icon.jpg

Top Bottom