Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

I recruited an exile, and it spawned in the city center, unable to move, is this WAD? The pedia seems to indicate that they should spawn outside the borders
Interesting. It must be stuck without anywhere to shunt off to. If this happens, I suggest destroying it. Are you on a tiny island or something? Or have you given it the round to be shunted out to the nearest unowned plot yet? It takes the next round for that to happen.

Interesting. It must be stuck without anywhere to shunt off to. If this happens, I suggest destroying it. Are you on a tiny island or something? Or have you given it the round to be shunted out to the nearest unowned plot yet? It takes the next round for that to happen.

I was on the coast but plenty of tiles around the cultural borders, I killed it after 2 turns.

I will try to recruit a new one

Just noticed something strange in my current game. SVN version 9659, Large map (C2C_PerfectMongoose_v310), Marathon game speed, and I'm up to turn 488 of 3353 (4255 BC). I'm about midway through the Ancient Era, and my Government civic is Chiefdom (not too unusual for this stage of the game). The strange part is that, listed in the effects for the civic is this: "Settling more than 15 cities will cause 3 unhappiness in every city for each one over that limit". Now, the last time I paid any attention to that screen, Chiefdom on a Large map would start kicking the unhappiness penalties in at six cities, not fifteen. Did I miss the mention of some changes regarding this somewhere along the line? That seems excessively lenient to me; anyone who manages to settle fifteen cities under the Chiefdom civic is either hanging onto the civic way too long, or has blitzed multiple opponents and kept nearly all the cities from the conquests. (At this stage of my game, I've got the largest empire on my continent, with 7 cities. Even counting both of my on-continent rivals, we only have fifteen cities between the three of us, and Charlemagne - on a different continent - is showing thirteen. It's probably going to be another hundred, hundred and fifty turns before that limit starts hurting anyone... by which time better civics are almost certainly going to be available.)

Just noticed something strange in my current game. SVN version 9659, Large map (C2C_PerfectMongoose_v310), Marathon game speed, and I'm up to turn 488 of 3353 (4255 BC). I'm about midway through the Ancient Era, and my Government civic is Chiefdom (not too unusual for this stage of the game). The strange part is that, listed in the effects for the civic is this: "Settling more than 15 cities will cause 3 unhappiness in every city for each one over that limit". Now, the last time I paid any attention to that screen, Chiefdom on a Large map would start kicking the unhappiness penalties in at six cities, not fifteen. Did I miss the mention of some changes regarding this somewhere along the line? That seems excessively lenient to me; anyone who manages to settle fifteen cities under the Chiefdom civic is either hanging onto the civic way too long, or has blitzed multiple opponents and kept nearly all the cities from the conquests. (At this stage of my game, I've got the largest empire on my continent, with 7 cities. Even counting both of my on-continent rivals, we only have fifteen cities between the three of us, and Charlemagne - on a different continent - is showing thirteen. It's probably going to be another hundred, hundred and fifty turns before that limit starts hurting anyone... by which time better civics are almost certainly going to be available.)

I take it you are using City Limits Option. Not a bug.

Impho that Option is redundant and I would like to see it removed.

To answer your question, yes the limits were changed quite awhile ago. That Limit does not scale for the Game Speeds nor Map sizes iirc. It's an old out dated Option that needs to go bye-bye.

Why we can build Heavy Water production plant 5 times, even though its national wonder?
Its unlocked by quantum physics.

Last edited:
I hated the idea of this option until experiencing it on the Massive MP game... been enjoying how it works there. For a while, happiness became the most major thing to be concerned with and it could easily become so again. I'm not sure I'd be ready to throw the option out - it shows some promise for enhancing game play.

Why we can build Heavy Water production plant 5 times, even though its national wonder?
A National Wonder is defined as a building limited to a defined number at most for any given player. The defined amount doesn't have to be 1. It can be anything. After the zoning project I've been discussing, it's probable that this would lose its limitation and become just another manufactured resource building requiring an Industrial Zone slot.

To answer your question, yes the limits were changed quite awhile ago. That Limit does not scale for the Game Speeds nor Map sizes iirc. It's an old out dated Option that needs to go bye-bye.

It has almost been nerfed out of existence. I really liked the option.
Even Great Wonders can be built multiple times if they are set up that way. See Cleopatra's Needle.

There used to be a wonder called "Worlds Highest Skyscraper" once built in your nation it would stay yours giving you the benefits until someone else built it then they would have it and you would have access to build it again. This modeled the idea very well, now we just have a few famous ones instead.

Does it influence the AI in any way? If they're keeping their city count down because of this, that would be unfortunate... for them. ;)

I was another that liked the setting and then I noticed when I started a game recently that the gradual progression from one civic to the next was pretty much gone; it was all at 15 city limits and the unhappiness was 3 for a few, and then 2. I'm also well above the limit and it's a runaway game so it's not really hurting, but I liked the thought that more than a few cities early on would be extremely hard to maintain, and developing government techs would allow for more to open up.

Yeah that Solyndra quote. Solyndra went bankrupt after receiving hundreds of millions of dollars in US government loans, and amid accusations of fraud and corruption.

Yeah that Solyndra quote. Solyndra went bankrupt after receiving hundreds of millions of dollars in US government loans, and amid accusations of fraud and corruption.
lol.

I meant improvement picture - below buildings list - is broken :p

Does it influence the AI in any way?
Yes they have the same restriction and are weighted to follow it.
but I liked the thought that more than a few cities early on would be extremely hard to maintain, and developing government techs would allow for more to open up.
This was never properly implemented and if you in the mid game changed back to a Gov't or Power Civic that had a lesser amount allowed you had instant revolts in the forntier cities iirc. This Option was made all the way back in v17 when the Big Push to curb expansion was the main theme. It was also a time when several lead modders wanted Revolutions made a main part of the Mod instead of an option. I fought Hard against it and would do so again if the attempt was made again. We have other means to curb expansion than artificial limits. These are being worked and adjusted when needed now.
What!??? Barack Obama isn't King anymore!??? OMG!!!

I was another that liked the setting and then I noticed when I started a game recently that the gradual progression from one civic to the next was pretty much gone; it was all at 15 city limits and the unhappiness was 3 for a few, and then 2. I'm also well above the limit and it's a runaway game so it's not really hurting, but I liked the thought that more than a few cities early on would be extremely hard to maintain, and developing government techs would allow for more to open up.
Yeah, if it's not increasing with the tech access then it's broken. IMO.

What!??? Barack Obama isn't King anymore!??? OMG!!!
Solyndra failed because it tried to work through a subsidy to a private company. Shoulda just been a government program and it would've worked fine.

It seems like meteor lab can use only one kind of crater unlike vulcanology lab.
It should be buildable if any crater is present including natural wonder craters.

Also is intentional, that recycling buildings pollute 3 times more than factories?

Last edited:
It would take extensive work to count those natural wonders as craters.

Can't comment on the intention of the recycling buildings and how much pollution they create but I can say that a stat review on that stuff is coming up.

Also is intentional, that recycling buildings pollute 3 times more than factories?

It's on my to do list. The author of those buildings assigned high values with the intent to have a counter building. But never got it done. It is my intention to significantly reduce the "pollution" if not completely remove it from the "recycling" buildings.

Solyndra failed because it tried to work through a subsidy to a private company. Shoulda just been a government program and it would've worked fine.
Fully aware of Solyndra and it's failure.

I'm a solar DYI'er. I'm piecing together my own system slowly to cut my electric bill and too also have a back up power source when the shtf. My system got hurt by lightning strike about 2 weeks ago. Lost a 1000W inverter when the DSL/ IP provider service went out. Found out the phone line for the DSL was never grounded. Only replacement inverter I had left was only a 250W portable. So my small system went from 2600W to 1800W.

It seems like meteor lab can use only one kind of crater unlike vulcanology lab.
It should be buildable if any crater is present including natural wonder craters.
Trivial to do as it is all XML but it must be done in a modular way because the Natural Wonders are an optional mod. If it is done for the Volcanology Lab then that file can be used as an example of how to do it for the Meteor Lab.

File zDepends_Landform_Myth_CIV4BuildingInfos in Modules/Natutral_Wonders folder.

Top Bottom