1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Jul 21, 2019.

1. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

I tried several times. Should I just delete the whole game/reinstall and get the mod again?. Was working fine yesterday. I updated to revision today and poof gone. Not sure what dump file you want? is it called a mini dump?

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

In this case it is. Other stuff has not changed in regards to this specific design.
    And who are theses "everyone"? Pretty specious argument there don't you think? ;)

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No don't re-install your game. that is not the answer.

Do you know how to revert thru the SVN to the previous version? You can always do that.

Also with major changes it might be a good practice to delete your User Settings folder Before you update to a New SVN version. The Mod will automatically make a new User settings folder for you.

Here is an example of where to find the minidump.dmp file. C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword ---> in the Beyond the Sword folder.

Below is an example of a compressed MiniDump.dmp file. This was one of mine for SVN 10950. The MiniDump.dmp must be zipped, rar'ed or 7z'd for it to be uploaded.

Attached Files:

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Since pests mostly just hinder growth, even if they are causing some unhealth and unhappiness, it would seem silly to reduce your size so that you can alleviate growth hindrances. Not sure how that's much of a concern there.

I guess I felt like you were trying to say, "Do you even HAVE any honor?" Trying to play like you're being morally superior somehow when really, you've been on the attacking end of some of Hydro's stuff before and I felt like it was a dig at me for using that as a defense of the design as it was at those times as well. Sometimes your words are laden with a lot more subtext it seems than what they appear like on the surface. I'm laughing at it because I'm kinda thinking it can't be that you're thinking of it THAT deeply and trying as hard as it might seem to get under the skin. Perhaps you just don't realize the insinuation in your comment. I have it pointed out all the time that someone thinks I meant something so much more, deeper, or even just outright differently than I actually did, so I do tend to give folks the benefit of the doubt. By pointing to it, I thought you might see why I COULD take it that way. Didn't seem like a reminder so much as an attack - of course I remember that. But what I didn't remember was why he would want such a strange thing to want. Now that you've reminded me I do remember a conversation where he explained his position on that and I recall disagreeing then as well, though not strongly.

I think the 'everyone' in this case, just means a general overall agreement if it exists. Not necessarily claiming that it does, even now in this conversation.

5. billw2015

billw2015 King

I was making a general argument not specific about this case, as I tried to clarify by adding "I'm not saying that is the case here, but that would be my criteria in general." Also I did say "almost everyone", you will never get literally everyone to agree on anything!

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is a problem with the help description in many buildings due to caching of information and other. I had to remove a whole project because of it. The Scarecrow building is a good case it removes a Pest but it does not say it gets rid of them anywhere nor does it say the changes that will occur due to the removal of the Pest. The "actual values" are not actually "actual values" for a city but, I think, are some generic city, perhaps the capital which because it is bigger already has the building.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Actual values apply to the city when you are looking at the actuals in the city build queue but in the pedia you don't have that. By saying it's an upgrade of the pest, it means it replaces it, though it does NOT remove it. IF the Scarecrow is removed, the pest is still there. This is how building upgrade chains work.

8. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

Ok I had to revert to 11034 and now the mod works fine again. The mini-dump file I deleted by mistake earlier sorry and it did not generate a new one. Wonder why it won't work for me at 11036.

9. billw2015

billw2015 King

Looks like some civ dies same turn they completed master blacksmith perhaps? Certainly none of the Py event expire code is checking if the player is actually valid or not.

10. billw2015

billw2015 King

Could just be coincidence, just restarting game again and/or jiggling SVN files could have fixed the problem. If you now go back to 11036 and it is broken again I will be convinced! I am playing SVN-11036 myself right now.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

But it does not tell you that it removes the values from the pests. Eg if the pest had a -:health: it does not show you that building the scarecrow would give your city +:health:

That was the main problem for players with the Demand mod I was working on, you got -1:) for each pop over 6 but building the Market removed (replaced the demand buildings) so building the market could give your city +14 happiness if it was size 20. It never showed in the actual values even though you would actually get that value.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It should. It may depend on the tag as to how accurate it's programmed to deliver such information. The commerce and yields do report the end total after replacing a previous building. This kind of thing would be programmed on a tag by tag basis and not all tags are equally well developed into the complicated 'actuals' totalling mechanism. Certainly something to improve on.

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yeah, you misunderstood what Joe said a bit though, no building in the game goes away when the pop requirement fails, this has nothing to do with the pest design, this is just a dll quirk.
    A lot of building prereqs are ignored after the building is built.
    This is not a design choice per say, more probable that it was just an oversight when adding in new building requirements.

Hydro designed pest so that they should be a relevant game mechanic throughout all eras, I think this is what Joe meant with what he said.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    JosEPh_II, Harrier and KaTiON_PT like this.
  14. billw2015

billw2015 King

Ah okay, that wasn't clear to me. Sorry @JosEPh_II!
    Yeah, although, I would imagine they were more cowardly than lazy, not wanting to accidentally topple the house of cards that is the dll code.

JosEPh_II likes this.
  15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Actually I remember the discussion now that he brought it up - Hydro DID want city size to not update whether the autobuild should be there for much the justification Joe gave. It was considered.

JosEPh_II likes this.
  16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Guilty of that on numerous occasions. lol

17. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Ah, ok, I assumed it was an oversight rather than a design choice. Yeah there may be some building requirements that make sense not to deactivate buildings after they're built. Though the pop req seems kinda absolute to me...
    Like a shopping mall is not something you build where there's no people living, but if people disappears after it's built, does it make sense for the shopping mall to function normally afterwards?

18. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Well if the shoppers disappear, the mall still remains and has to pay for its upkeep (rent, rates, business taxes, utilities etc.) even if it sacks all its staff (with the costs involved then - unless it goes bankrupt. Even then costs are involved).

If the building is left empty and unused - the city suffers as it is not gaining any revenue.

So if the population falls below the threshold for building and maintaining a unit, that unit should remain, (until deleted at a cost) but give a negative gold amount.

JosEPh_II likes this.
  19. MattCA

MattCA Prince

I like that theory actually.

Alberts made a change to this line in structs.cpp. Slim chance its coincidence. Still doesn't make much sense though. Could it be trying to finish the blacksmith event for a different type of event that was started with differet args?

WRAPPER_WRITE_CLASS_ENUM(wrapper, "EventTriggeredData", REMAPPED_CLASS_TYPE_EVENT_TRIGGERS, m_eTrigger);

if this is the cause that means all save games have been given a bug the does nothing and won't appear again for new games.

Edit: might not have been Alberts actually idk. Doesn't really matter anyways

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  20. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

I only made that change in the save compatiblility fixes branch because it breaks saves! Is that change now also present in the master branch?