1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Jul 21, 2019.

1. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

How are the lazy dll programmers to blame for design choices made by xml modders?

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yeah, sorting our messages in the opposite order may misrepresent the conversation slightly.
    I guessed that it may have been an oversight. TB informed us that it wasn't.
    End of story.

I should have said "oversight" instead of "lazy dll programmers" though, as that was the essence of what I meant to say.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  3. BTAxis

BTAxis Chieftain

There are several references in the text to "Exotic Herbavours". This should be spelled "Exotic Herbivores".

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

We know.
    There is tons of typos, now that we have autocorrect tool we can fix them.

5. Dionysis

Dionysis Warlord

Thanks for looking into this billw2015. I just updated to SVN 11037 and tried again but got the same crash. I have attached my minidump from this attempt. The saved game file is still attached to message 1317 in this thread.

Attached Files:

billw2015 likes this.
  6. billw2015

billw2015 King

Loading your save in latest SVN (no mods) works fine for me, perhaps it is the modmod (I couldn't install it, it just broke the game loading entirely when I copied it in), or something to do with your settings. If you can zip your User Settings dir and put it on here as well that might help!

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Which is another reason for me to abandon the project since you are auto-correcting them to the wrong spelling.

8. billw2015

billw2015 King

What is wrong? I think almost no spelling corrections have been committed as of now. Also what project?

9. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Well spelling liberty is indistinguishable from dyslexia:joke: :sarcasm:
    Also this tool uses American spelling/grammar/vocabulary.

By the way I didn't commit any spelling corrections.

10. billw2015

billw2015 King

No it doesn't (or at least for spelling, I don't know what American grammar is, I didn't think there is such a thing really, edit: some people claim there is a difference, my guess is that it hasn't really been apparent in years). It will initially filter against en-US, but then it will ask google, and if google doesn't give an auto-correct it doesn't report it as a misspelling. Any form of correct English should pass I think. Also of course the process is not really fully automated, it will just ask you if you want to accept the suggestions, or you can choose to globally ignore them, or enter your own.

raxo2222 likes this.
  11. Dionysis

Dionysis Warlord

Here are my settings. Thanks again for looking into this - I seem to be getting random crashes even in new games and with a new UserSettings folder. I might try using one of the "standard" civs and see what happens.

Attached Files:

12. billw2015

billw2015 King

Did you already revert your SVN workspace back to default? If it isn't usersettings then the other difference we have is that you had some modmod installed.

edit: I reproed the crash with your User Settings, I will debug it now.

13. gamer1978

gamer1978 Chieftain

I actually deleted the entire mod folder and made a new one with a fresh checkout and now its working great with the latest SVN version. Probably was a problem with reverting and back again and such and messed up the files.

14. billw2015

billw2015 King

Actually it was the viewport settings I think. The crashes were related to tiles not being loaded, and on startup I got an assert about a city not being in the viewport. I wouldn't bother with viewport settings unless you are getting out of memory crashes. With the paging and dummy entities enabled you shouldn't have memory problems even in late game.

15. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

Running SVN 11037, got this error. Screenshot will be uploaded, tell if you need any saves or logs. It did not crash, popped up about 3 or 4 times and then went away. So I guess nothing serious.
    Edit: Forgot to mention that the city's buildings on the map keep disappearing, not really a big issue since I don't really look at them.
    Spoiler Error Message :
    upload_2019-9-22_19-13-27.png

16. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Probably a benign error caused by some rare conditions.
    Impossible to debug without a way to reproduce in a save, or without more information.

17. billw2015

billw2015 King

If you mean when they get away from the middle of the screen the city disappears then yes that is the paging system functioning as designed. You can enable/disable paging in BUG settings, and change the settings for various parts of it in GlobalDefines.xml (the PAGE_IN_DIST* settings at the top). I set up the defaults to avoid a known crash, but they are quite aggressive.

18. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

I am looking right at them when they disappear. They reappear for a split second if I build a special building, they then disappear again.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There used to be a building called Bug Catcher. The subdued tarantula was able to build this building. It is was the only use for that unit besides the myth. This is now named Grasshopper Catcher and the subdued tarantula can't build it. Why? Also why is it limited to grasshoppers rather than all edible insects?

Also the Snake Pit used to require the Snake Charmer but now it doesn't. Why? The Charmer represents the handling of snakes and the Pit the "farming" of snakes.

Thunderbrd, Toffer90 and JosEPh_II like this.
  20. billw2015

billw2015 King

That definitely sounds like a bug then! Although possibly related to the other error you reported, need a save and your settings to debug it. I'm not going to be around for the next 10 days or so, maybe someone else can look.