Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Cities are doing much better after the latest SVN, Thanks billw2015. :)

Another futurist problem :
- Holographic shcool give far weaker bonuses thant buildings it replaces (espacially in science)
- Universal Restaurant is a HUGE loss in gold (and a very small gain in food) because it replace many building with a lot of "+1% gold with...". It's even a loss of +1 happy and 1 Ice Cream because of Ice Cream parlor replacment. And a future without Ice cream is not a bright one...
EDIT
- Hypermarket is a huge loss too for the same resaon
- Food Manufacuring District is a huge loss for Food ans Gold. Same thing, replace too many buildings and they give more bonuses...

Last edited:
So now that you made the Arsonist a str 6 unit did you remove the National Limits?

So now that you made the Arsonist a str 6 unit did you remove the National Limits?
I agree it should be removed - it's a UnitClass tag.

mine still says str 8 on SM . .
Probably not updated to SVN yet. This is Bill's change but it's only a spot adjustment to help patch the immediate strong imbalance that many players are complaining about. A larger overall balance effort is in progress right now that will change a lot of units here and there, most actually. But those changes are pending a lot more evaluation.

Okay, sorry for the delay (my work week took place, and since I work overnight shifts...).

So, I couldn't find a convenient save for the incident I reported earlier, but I did manage to replicate the problem and saved immediately before the test case, so you can run your own checks on it. I currently have a rogue active in Sitting Bull's capital of Cahokia. When I ran my test case, using the rogue to infiltrate the city, it immediately dropped my espionage total against Sitting Bull by 200 points. It looks to me as if the infiltrate mission for criminals has somehow gotten its sign flipped, reducing espionage points rather than increasing them.

Attachments

• Frederick BC-8348.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,010
They were only Op for those players that Used the game Option Unlimited National Units. Spam spam spam, and I'll have some more spam with my spam please. ;) Hear me roar when I complain a unit is OP because I like Unit Spam.

If you used National Limits, then they were a niche unit (limited numbers allowed) that filled a need for their tech tree time frame.

Their bombard value has also been reduced so more spamming of them needed to take down city defenses. More units now in play to slow down turn times some more,....again.

The Tech that gives them is devalued as well. Meh.. today's change is....spam.

Last edited:
They were only Op for those players that Used the game Option Unlimited National Units. Spam spam spam, and I'll have some more spam with my spam please. ;) Hear me roar when I complain a unit is OP because I like Unit Spam.

If you used National Limits, then they were a niche unit (limited numbers allowed) that filled a need for their tech tree time frame.

Their bombard value has also been reduced so more spamming of them needed to take down city defenses. More units now in play to slow down turn times some more,....again.

The Tech that gives them is devalued as well. Meh.. today's change is....spam.
They aren't what you should really be using for breaking down defenses anyhow. They can take the edge off so the rams can get in and be more effective and you can use your archers to ranged bombard to wear down the defenders, but you're not supposed to be needing more than 9 for a stack, like any other unit. Actually, the best way to use them is to make them withdrawal attackers that give a decent amount of collateral when they attack.

I've got event for gaining apothecary guild. No complains, though, but isn't it a bit too early? My cavemen knows neither guilds, neither apothecaries.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    462 KB · Views: 243
I've got event for gaining apothecary guild. No complains, though, but isn't it a bit too early? My cavemen knows neither guilds, neither apothecaries.
I always thought that was weird, it happens all the time.

Almost all the Events are outdated. Ori, our Event modder, left long ago. Nobody has taken up the reigns and updated them.

Nitpick here, you are in the Late Ancient era so your "cavemen" are not really cavemen. And I have not seen that Event in my games for years and years. game set up Options and playstyles dictate the events you will get too.

@Thunderbrd , @billw2015 , Just updated thru SVN yesterday and now there are str 8 Arsonists and str 6 Arsonists in my games. Unfortunately I don't own any of the str 8 units but the leading AI do! :p

(best Monty python voiceover) Can I have More Unit Spam please! :mischief::rolleyes: I Love Spam! Spam, spam, spam, spam, Loverly spam! :lol:

Okay it requires Alchemy tech for the Apothecary Guild option now (in git). However I noticed all the Python callbacks for the last option don't seem to exist at all, so this event looks half finished to me.

(best Monty python voiceover) Can I have More Unit Spam please! :mischief::rolleyes: I Love Spam! Spam, spam, spam, spam, Loverly spam! :lol:

The only way spam is a problem here is if this unit is still overpowered and would thus lead people to choose it over other units, and thus "spam" it. Is that your argument? Because otherwise there should be no reason to spam this unit any more than axemen, archers, or swordsmen, which are all not limited.

Or are you arguing it should have a limit put on it again even with the reduced capabilities? I am fine with that, however you were the one who asked if it would have the limit removed, and you didn't correct when TB took that to mean you were suggesting the limit *should* be removed.

Just updated thru SVN yesterday and now there are str 8 Arsonists and str 6 Arsonists in my games. Unfortunately I don't own any of the str 8 units but the leading AI do!
Units do not recalculate. There's little that can be done about that except to undergo a very long project to make them do so. Or work it out through worldbuilder.

Units do not recalculate. There's little that can be done about that except to undergo a very long project to make them do so. Or work it out through worldbuilder.
It is weird, I would think it would always load the stats from the class, and only keep instance specific stuff like XP and promotions in the unit itself.
If we do work out what properties of a unit don't get modified we could recalculate them without too much problem I think, but I have no idea what those properties are.

Top Bottom