Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

I'm much more comfortable with using the SVN though. Years of practice and all that you know.
I'm the same way here - I still feel 'fraid of Git tbh.

I admit, however, that I haven't really gotten in and done much direct modding since we started using it and what I did has felt perhaps a bit easier - though easier in a disturbing way that makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

Is there something up with modifying terrain features in a module? When changing certain terrain features, the game simply doesn't launch. Even simply creating a module file that does literally nothing will trigger this, if it references certain features. But it only happens for some features, not all.

Example module file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Civ4FeatureInfos xmlns="x-schema:../../XML/Schema/C2C_CIV4TerrainSchema.xml">
    <FeatureInfos>
        <FeatureInfo>
            <Type>FEATURE_SWAMP</Type>
        </FeatureInfo>
    </FeatureInfos>
</Civ4FeatureInfos>

If you place the above in a module, the game will fail to load every time. There's no error displayed, nor any error in the logs. The logs just simply stop after processing the relevant module file.

This also occurs for FEATURE_PEAT_BOG, but not for FEATURE_JUNGLE or FEATURE_TAR_PIT, which is what especially perplexes me. I haven't tested any features beyond those.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I found a breeding ground but while using the latest SVN (11321), I noticed that the oceans seem to be full of Whale Sharks and few of any other type of shark. There are other sea creatures present (crabs, swordfish, giant squid, etc.) but not nearly in the quantities as Whale sharks.
I was just wondering if there could be a more balanced collection of sharks?
I was playing on the "A Space Map - _Snofru_Standard01_V8" map.

Not sure if this is a bug or if I found a breeding ground but while using the latest SVN (11321), I noticed that the oceans seem to be full of Whale Sharks and few of any other type of shark. There are other sea creatures present (crabs, swordfish, giant squid, etc.) but not nearly in the quantities as Whale sharks.
I was just wondering if there could be a more balanced collection of sharks?
I was playing on the "A Space Map - _Snofru_Standard01_V8" map.
We probably need to turn down the whale shark spawning a lot - not like they're terribly common creatures, though they may be in an area where there isn't enough representation from other types and that might explain why they spawn more than they should perhaps.

This is going to sound strange, but in the last two revisions did the culture slider and science slider get switched? When my science bar is a 100% the technology takes 47 turns, I accidentally hit 100% on my culture slider and turns dropped to 8. Screenshots included.
Spoiler Weirdness :
upload_2020-10-27_8-26-1.png

upload_2020-10-27_8-28-36.png

Upload save, so @MattCA can see what happened.
If you enabled all space content for Earth, then you WILL get commerce/research overflows.

This is going to sound strange, but in the last two revisions did the culture slider and science slider get switched? When my science bar is a 100% the technology takes 47 turns, I accidentally hit 100% on my culture slider and turns dropped to 8.
Try dropping all sliders to 0 and seeing what happens as you increase each one individually. If all sliders are 0 and you have greater tech speed, it's an overflow error, if it increases as culture or espionage does with NO change to tech slider, something much more strange is going on lol.

Try dropping all sliders to 0 and seeing what happens as you increase each one individually. If all sliders are 0 and you have greater tech speed, it's an overflow error, if it increases as culture or espionage does with NO change to tech slider, something much more strange is going on lol.
I looked at his screenshots closely now. Notice space unit rewards - impossible on regular map.
So he broke his game with overflows by letting all space buildings being buildable on Earth.

So he broke his game with overflows by letting all space buildings being buildable on Earth.
I guess I'm just curious where the overflow is. In the screenshot with 100% science, it's reading as ~9.0e5 per turn, with 0% science it's ~5.5e6, but even signed integer overflow is 2147483647, or ~2.2e9 right? So.... guess I'm just curious what is overflowing, where.

Edit: Ah, there's probably one or more instances of *100 for percentile calculations. At, say, 50% beakers they're probably hitting above 2.2e7, which when *=100 gives negative values and causing screwiness in some modifiers. We should probably take a bit to fix that...

I guess I'm just curious where the overflow is. In the screenshot with 100% science, it's reading as ~9.0e5 per turn, with 0% science it's ~5.5e6, but even signed integer overflow is 2147483647, or ~2.2e9 right? So.... guess I'm just curious what is overflowing, where.

Edit: Ah, there's probably one or more instances of *100 for percentile calculations. At, say, 50% beakers they're probably hitting above 2.2e7, which when *=100 gives negative values and causing screwiness in some modifiers. We should probably take a bit to fix that...
Yeah overflow its at 21474836, still this save would be very useful here.

By the way can cities have more than 4.2*10^9 culture now?
I guess I can try enabling locked culture levels and see what happens.

Those totals overflow....
You need to copy previous culture levels and paste it on highest, and then double requirements.
Tested on Eternity with No Espionage option (2x requirement).
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2020-10-27 16-30-23-10.png

Last edited:
Overflow error again.

Discovered Currency in current game (SVN couple weeks old) and found that after you trade something with npc for ALL cash he have, he immediately have like 80-90% of that cash again, so if you are like several or dozen techs to trade, you can get like million gp from several npcs.

Also, trading worker units for gold/techs - this is probably more balance issue than bug. You can capture them with stalkers/bandit riders/footpads and like, sell or trade them then go to npc capital and capture them again. Npc values dog workers around 7k cash. When worker you captured then traded still had hidden nationality tag on it - you can capture him again with regular non bandit unit. Feels somewhat like cheating.

Discovered Currency in current game (SVN couple weeks old) and found that after you trade something with npc for ALL cash he have, he immediately have like 80-90% of that cash again
Diplomacy screen was not showing realistic Gold balance the AI has. Toffer90 corrected this last week. Update to cuurent SVN.

Is the latest SVN a save breaker? I can not load any saves with out the game crashing.

CTD after the end of the turn. SVN 11237. If it's important, this turn ate China (19 cities) using espionage.

Attachments

• After.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9 MB · Views: 27
I got through the end turn, but may have found a code issue by looking at the turn process.
Next turn autosave attached.

Attachments

• AutoSave_April 20, AD-2070.CivBeyondSwordSave
    9 MB · Views: 22
Top Bottom