Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Game 3 Thread

At this point I have no motivation left for prediction after witnessing some bizarre unlike outcomes for first 2 games. Just like mansa musa's ridiculous season 6 championship victory. But anyway.
For logic sake can history repeat itself?
Season 5 game 7 vibes anyone?
Here is my prediction.
Alexander Domination victory turn 307
De Gaulle runner up
Victoria first to die.
10 wars.
I just see that aggressive AI + No tech trading options make what many consider as good peacewight 6 AIs into dump. Pericles, Joao, Zara, Ramesses. They all become mediocre and less of a threat for warmongers.
As for the game once Justinian shares his boring religion to Alexander, he is essentially out and useless. He will end up waiting Alexander eat his east and come at him at last. Ragnar or De Gaulle for other religion may occur. But whatever happens once De Gaulle find himself dogpiling Victoria together with Alexander, their seperate religions won't cause trouble between them until all others die. So that explains my prediction hopefully.
Wow...! :D

At this point I have no motivation left for prediction after witnessing some bizarre unlike outcomes for first 2 games. Just like mansa musa's ridiculous season 6 championship victory. But anyway.
For logic sake can history repeat itself?
Season 5 game 7 vibes anyone?
Here is my prediction.
Alexander Domination victory turn 307
De Gaulle runner up
Victoria first to die.
10 wars.
I just see that aggressive AI + No tech trading options make what many consider as good peacewight 6 AIs into dump. Pericles, Joao, Zara, Ramesses. They all become mediocre and less of a threat for warmongers.
As for the game once Justinian shares his boring religion to Alexander, he is essentially out and useless. He will end up waiting Alexander eat his east and come at him at last. Ragnar or De Gaulle for other religion may occur. But whatever happens once De Gaulle find himself dogpiling Victoria together with Alexander, their seperate religions won't cause trouble between them until all others die. So that explains my prediction hopefully.

1st place with 26 points. :bowdown:

Kudos to...

Alexander, our third winner in a row to start from the bottom/cramped land, this time conquering Ethiopia with a handful of swords and spears, and relentlessly focussing threats above all else 🥇

De Gaulle, for playing his margins over Victoria and otherwise flying completely and utterly under the radar 🥈

RIP...

Ragnar, who broke the Byzantines in an impeccable reenactment of the Battle of Adrianople ⚱️

Justinian, who won all the reward challenges therein lending credence to decadence as critique ⚱️

If Alex didn't win by domination, then nukes would of wiped out his army when he declared again. France would of got the wonder pretty quickly. Leaving a mobile French force to crush his cities. Could of gone either way if he didn't get 64% of land.

French restricted by the we do not attack at pleased. Amazing how much nukes can influence these games.

From my games I tend to find wonder spaming does not win you games. Same is true here for Justin.

If Alex didn't win by domination, then nukes would of wiped out his army when he declared again. France would of got the wonder pretty quickly. Leaving a mobile French force to crush his cities. Could of gone either way if he didn't get 64% of land.

French restricted by the we do not attack at pleased. Amazing how much nukes can influence these games.

From my games I tend to find wonder spaming does not win you games. Same is true here for Justin.
Funnily enough De Gaulle is the only leader who has a modifier to increase his unit type build probability for "ICBM" (whatever that means :p) so it could have been a radioactive wasteland if Alex had paused for a few turns before attacking De Gaul. Alexander was quite far behind it techs at that point. Could have been a repeat of Shaka vs Hammy again.

I did fairly well compared to last week. Got 16 points so managed to jump up the leaderboard a bit.

Never been happier with a game where all my predictions were bunk! Was upset with Alex for killing Zara but that :backstab: on Justinian was beautiful. So glad we dodged the boring "#1 favorite runs away like we all knew they would" match.

Whoa! How did Justin lose his army against the flatland Ragnar stack?!

So I rewatched the video with lots of pauses.

Justinian's main army was half the size of Ragnar's main army when it tried to surround it.

That is why it got vaporized.

Rags then healed up while bombarding and had a good showing for the rest of the war.

Justinian started to turn things around, but then Alex pounced.

This game was a good illustration that to win, a total warmonger needs good peace weight diplo, great starting land with a gold mine, and a neighbor loaded with flood plains with no production.
They won't ever win space right?

Even at the end with half the world, Alex sucked at teching.
Assembly Line is the strongest tech with double production to rebuild armies instantly, Infantry, and later Tanks.
Not something Alex was interested in heh.

A key moment was getting that very early barb city with a bunch of Chariots.
That was crucial for Alex.

Just watched this one on YouTube. I love when warmongers snowball. The decisive wars are so much fun. Lots of pre construction decisive wars this season, it's been fun so far.

Was hoping Ragnar could squeak into the playoffs.

Got round to watching this in the end. Boy, Justinian was on the secret ‘build all the wonders’ victory condition, wasn’t he.

Nice to see wars that go places, indeed it could have been even easier for Alex had he taken Zara’s city about 50 turns earlier (he almost did pre catapults, fine margins).

Would have been fun to see Alex vs de Gaulle in the end, not clear who would have won that show down. Still, two worthy leaders progressing.

Alternate histories video drop and discussion in this thread:

Top Bottom