Sullla's AI Survivor Season Six Announced

Yeah I saw that...Donuts! :lol:

So, is it a wildcard game up next? Even more crazyness in those, right?

I think so...doesn't he turn on ragin' barbs?

yep..barbs be ragin'

Just watched the wildcard game preview, haven't studied starting positions that much though.

I like Capac here. Quenchas will help against the raging barbs, and he also have stone and being IND he might secure TGW and then expand in peace.
I also like Gilgamesh, looks like he is in a field of more or less pushovers in case he decides to go for warfare.

I like Pericles more than Gandhi, partly because of raging barbs which might cause gandhi more problems (Pericles has kind of a secure position with regard to that).
There might also be quite stiff competition for all the minority religions that is required for culture victories, so they both might not have a easy time achieving that.

Kind of expect Capac to be the absolute favourite in the picking contest, so I'll likely stay away from him.
Most interesting to look further at imho is either GIlga for domination or Pericles for culture.

Looks like a game that will be very exciting to watch in any case! A ton of leaders fighting it out surrounded by raging barbs!

I sort of saw him, Wang and Louis as spearheads poking straight into the barbarian center.

Wang going across the map to attack Monty instead of simply attacking Justinian completely swung this game. I still feel my Monty pick would have been good if Wang attacked Justinian instead which was a far more logical declaration for Wang. If Monty got to 12+ cities I think he would have reached critical mass and been very tough to stop. Zara being Pleased and still hitting Monty was weird as well. As was Zara being Friendly with Justinian despite a different religion because of favorite/shared civic and being war allies.

I guess it shows there's a lot randomness in these games! :crazyeye:

Yea but I still think Monty wasn't a bad pick here. He could have ballooned to a monster easily if Wang went after Justinian. Monty at one point was holding 3 AI's at bay.

Anyways I was happy for Vicky. She never did anything and had one of the most dominant performances ever. I find her to be a good AI in my offline games though she rarely seems to appear for some reason. I don't recall many games against Vicky.

I have thought about that abit, I think that you see the leaders that are alone for their civ like Isabella/Monty/Saladin much more often than you see leaders that are 3 to share their civ like Russia/England/America.

Yea but I still think Monty wasn't a bad pick here. He could have ballooned to a monster easily if Wang went after Justinian. Monty at one point was holding 3 AI's at bay.
That part was a bit annoying (or very if you had Monty), he was smacking most stacks sent at him despite being alone.
His teching was good as we predicted, and he was at Construction fast for Jumbocats..
seeing his monster stacks while being in only 1 war would have been so entertaining.

Yeah, it was Mad Montys turn to shine. :D
I'm sure alternate history will prove that he will perform well though.

^Good point, which brings up one question: with tech trading turned off, it should be much harder for an AI to bribe another into war, right? Or they still can “give away” techs for this?
Unless they have a pile of cash available, which I thought it would not happen too often.

Submitted my prediction now.
I rooted for Pericles when it was his game (remember that game?) he lost his second or third city TWICE (!?) to barbarians.
I imagine that this will give him the experience with barbs that is needed, to get an edge on this map. ;)

Also, he seems to have a decent start and somewhat sheltered but also with some decent land around him.
I think Gilga and Wang will be preoccupied with each other for some time, and Louis will struggle with his Jungled barb ridden start, so the competition for Pericles will be less.
But mainly I just like Pericles and want to root for him!

I put down Lincoln as FTD because I think he and Capac will clash in a similar way as Gilga/Wang, but where Wang is more sturdy, Lincoln I suspect will perish.

Overall more high peaceweight leaders than low, I think Gilga/Louis/Capac will make some progress together but that they won't dominate the map.
I put down Zara in second place, but thats mainly a wild guess.

High numnber of wars and an average time cultural finish.

My darkhorse pick for the Wildcard game is Roosevelt. He's pretty sheltered from barbs and has nice land. But I'll probably go for HC winning even though that's a common prediction.

Wildcard Game:

Winner: Huayna Capac, Spaceship, T333.
Runner Up: Gilgamesh.
FTD: Lincoln.
DoWs: 16.

I was thinking of other scenarios as well. However, it all came down to this: Will Huayna Capac/Louis XIV take out Lincoln or not. If HC doesn't get Lincoln's lands, he will be small enough that other leaders can emerge as winners. Gandhi/Culture would be the first alternative. But Gandhi could easily be disturbed by raging barbarians, and set back far enough that he is out of the race. Zara Yaqob to grow in peace, while the rest of the world fights, is another one. But if the rest of the world fights, one of those wars will be HC taking out Lincoln. Gilgamesh could win if he managed to control the North, taking out Wang Kon and Pericles on his way to domination. But before he can reach it, either Gandhi/Culture or HC/Spaceship is likely to happen.

With barbarian-troubles random, Wang Kon culturally pressured on all sides (which means his random attacks pose little threat to anyone) and Gilgamesh/Louis XIV bordering more dangerous enemies than Huayna Capac borders, there is just on thing to consider: Who is the best leader? That is Huayna Capac. Yes, he can lose to a random barbarian invasion. But so can anyone else. HC and Gilgamesh are the two most likely to shrug off the barbarians and go on with their games. All the other leaders could potentially get themselves into huge problems if their neighbour suddenly finished The Great Wall.

Had raging barbarians been off, I would've examined Gandhi's position a bit closer. Gandhi/Culture would be my pick if it weren't for the barb-settings in this Wildcard game. If any leader is susceptible to getting eliminated by barbarians, it is "No-I-Don't-Need-Units-When-I-Can-Build-A-Temple" Gandhi.

I did not overly analyze this one. Too many variables anyway. Instead, I glanced at it, noticed a couple a interesting things and picked Gilgamesh to win by Domination after killing off Capac (FTD). Pericles second cause why not. I think Louis is actually a darkhorse candidate here, but based on my Giggles pick I had to go with the idea that the Frenchie will be caught up in the crossfire.

I think overall religion will have a limited factor in this game, except my on the West coast, but they're all going to by trampled by raging Sumerians anyway :ar15:f

(on the other hand, raging barbies are gonna complete wreck my theory here :eek:)

@lymond Gilga killing Capac? Do you mean Zara/Wang? Capac is on the other side of the map, and they have the exact same peaceweight! :)

Agree that Gilga would be a fun pick to root for, I had him for domination in the original game he played.

I think your Peri pick is good Krikav, all those nice locations around him and he starts on a longer river.
Maybe creative will help against barbs, and being far away from that nasty jungle area ;)

Biggest problem could be lack of happy for him, cannot see any resis for that at all unless he snipes the gold closer to Wang.

Top Bottom