• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Terrorism hits Colorado

JollyRoger

Slippin' Jimmy
Supporter
Police arrested a gunman who stormed a Planned Parenthood abortion clinic in Colorado Springs on Friday and opened fire with a rifle in a burst of violence that left at least 11 people injured, including five officers, authorities said.

The suspect, who engaged in a protracted gun battle with police, surrendered to officers inside the building about five hours after the clinic siege began.

A Reuters photographer at the scene saw a man in a white T-shirt, with his hands cuffed behind his back, being taken out of an armored police vehicle and placed in an unmarked squad car. Authorities said they did not know the suspect's identity but believed he acted alone.

His capture was first confirmed by the city in a message posted to its Twitter account. Police elaborated on the circumstances in a news conference moments later.
http://news.yahoo.com/least-nine-injured-gunman-colorado-abortion-clinic-000011516.html

If the terrorist turns out to be an Abrahamist, we really need to start profiling.

It's not terrorism, it's just one fool took the "we gotta fight abortions" thing literally, grabbed a gun and went for it.
I can't tell if this is some kind of joke

Shot several cops. Taken into custody alive by American police. Huh.

Shot several cops. Taken into custody alive by American police. Huh.
I guess he is white. If he was black, he'd be dead.

It seems three people are dead.

Senator Cruz has been attacking Roe v Wade of late, saying (I think) it is not "settled law." Let us see how much, or if, he back-pedals.

It is remarkable how often this stuff happens in Colorado. I wonder why that is. People from Colorado seem so nice.

Senator Cruz has been attacking Roe v Wade of late, saying (I think) it is not "settled law." Let us see how much, or if, he back-pedals.

Settled law not being a legal term, I'm guessing the senator is expressing his disagreement with a law. And Roe vs Wade being a Supreme Court ruling, I'm not sure how anyone would 'attack' it. Perhaps the senator is hoping for a job as Supreme Court judge? Seeing as supreme Court rulings can only be overturned by the Supreme Court itself.

Settled law not being a legal term, I'm guessing the senator is expressing his disagreement with a law. And Roe vs Wade being a Supreme Court ruling, I'm not sure how anyone would 'attack' it. Perhaps the senator is hoping for a job as Supreme Court judge? Seeing as supreme Court rulings can only be overturned by the Supreme Court itself.

Oh god can you imagine those confirmation hearings?

I've heard from some sources that Planned Parenthood wasn't the target here, and this was actually a bank robbery gone wrong. Tends to be pro-life websites, so obviously there's some inclination to disbelieve the simpler explanation there. But time will tell.

If this is terrorism, it's a poor effort.

It's not terrorism, it's just one fool took the "we gotta fight abortions" thing literally, grabbed a gun and went for it.

You don't have to be part of a terrorist group to be a terrorist. Just look at Ted Kaczynski. Would you call him a terrorist, or just "one fool" that built a bomb and went for it?

I said Senator Cruz. I should have said Marco Rubio has been saying Roe v. Wade is wrong.

I see one policeman is dead. Remarkably quite a few policemen are wounded. One was shot in the hand, I suppose that will be very difficult to recover from. Despite this, the local police took him alive.

With so many bad policemen in the news we ought to at least note the good ones.

==eta==
It is also worthy of note that although few long guns of any sort are used in crimes, this massacre was the result of a man with an assault rifle.

Long gun terrorists are a bit different from handgun or knife wielding suspects. Those firing handguns or brandishing knives are usually (more)visible and the police have ample opportunity to fire bullets at them. If this dude holed up and was good with his gun, which it appears he was, it's hard(er) to get firing lines on him. It appears the police were trying by the amount of them he managed to see and subsequently shoot. When you want him dead out with less cops hurt in this situation, assuming he surrendered, is for the police to have killed him while he was surrendering or for them to have broken out the indirect fire explosive weapons. You can often go bigger until it becomes effective. Given that we probably want the police to stop killing surrendering/surrendered black men, it would not be progress on that front if it was even more culturally appropriate to waste all surrendering terrorists/criminals/gunmen. Give the cops some praise here, it might motivate some others somewhere else to be better and gentler at the cost of some of their self perceived and interested safety.

Won't someone please think of the cops?

Also, when will the moderate christians and white people come out and condemn this blatant act of terrorism? For too long they have been silent

It's hard to hear over the sound of SJWs rubbing their hands together with glee.

Top Bottom