The 2008 Prediction Thread

Fidel's been dead since late 2006, his corpse is just being fed with audio input and embalming fluid.

USD will decline in value, oil will go over $100 a barrel, the general election will be between an idiot and a tool, New England will likely win the Super Bowl, but nothing too earth-shattering will likely happen.

In 2008...

I will be arrested for buying a Rocket launcher off Ebay and using it to clear tree stumps off my old man's land.:goodjob:

Oh, did I mention that I will hit a sewage pipe with the explosion and pollute the entire cities water supply?

some politicians will be convicted of corruption and some people will be shocked about that.
some celebrity will have a coming out and some people will say they have always known it.
someone is gonna lead people into a war by telling them its for defensive purposes and they will believe him.
some people will do irrational things because of their religion and some members of the other religion will see that as evidence that theirs is more rightous.
some people will blow themselves up in the name of allah.
some people's lives will be sacrificed for the interest of some corporations.

call me prophet...

Someone will produce a cigar branded

CDOS

and market them with an appropriate
slogan, like 'best for smoking' away.

The billions of soldiers awaiting my order will spring forth hiding and seize all major centres of transportation, media and government from Alaska to Istanbul on May 2nd at 4:45 A.M EST. Ushering a new era of unparalleled terror, destruction and evil deeds.

At least three people I know will ruin their lives

The November election will surprise us all

At least one of the lighthearted predictions in this thread will come true

Someone on CFC will get shot

I'll still be here, NESing

I predict Anglo-Russian relations will get worse, either by claiming the north poles 'oil supplies' or something really important like giving Vladimir Putin's great grand-son's niece's best friend's pet's inbred sister's husband a dirty look.

Just a prediction...

The billions of soldiers awaiting my order will spring forth hiding and seize all major centres of transportation, media and government from Alaska to Istanbul on May 2nd at 4:45 A.M EST. Ushering a new era of unparalleled terror, destruction and evil deeds.

[Gasp] How terrible!

I think I'll offer a fairly secure prediction:

NASA will find/or unfind water on Mars in some form or history...again.

I predict ...

Sovereign Wealth Funds will continue to increase their risk and come under scrutiny from many of the globe's regulatory agencies for their inherent conflict of interest.

Trenchcoats will be the rage.

Boston will be the first city (I can recall) to go back to back to back in the US's three major sports. All in convincing fashion.

Brazil will be the best performing of the BRIC nations and China the worst.

I will be in Wellington, NZ by next Christmas.

Boston will be the first city (I can recall) to go back to back to back in the US's three major sports. All in convincing fashion.

Oh yeah! Boston Celtics '08!

Warnie'll be involved in another text scandal.

The Rudd Government will make some promises about climate change that amounts to no more than a commitment to not commiting to anything.

Suddenly, a plague sweeps through Iowa and New Hampshire, where all the candidates were gathered but Mike Gravel and Duncan Hunter. The American people can now only choose between an Alaskan they never heard of and a Californian they never heard of. Mike Gravel wins with 3% of the vote compared to 2% of Duncan Hunter. The rest of America votes for either themselves or Santa Claus, who was, coincidentally, Mike Gravel's running mate.

Top Bottom