The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Yeah.. I know
I'm amazed with the Thais as well..

Just.
It's almost impossible if China were not collapsed early
That's where I wonder...
I agree,the Thai need to have time build enough units to expand that far and a city other than Ayutthaya and Hanoi. I'm guessing they got Hanjing early and were unopposed in the north.
I like seeing the little civs in the game excede exceptions :)

I see a lot of things in the minimap...

- Russia never expanded east and is currently controlled by Germany

-The Mongols weren't able to use the collaps of China and have collapsed themselves, before settling the area

- I don't see any Aztec cities (independent or under control of a civ)

- I don't see any Maia cities

- Only two Inca cities

- No Ethiopian cities

Right.
But isn't there is Yax Mutal on Mesoamerican?

And btw,
What's on Latvia? Portugal? o.O awesome..

I never actually played that game from the screenshot because I couldn't successfully make Pittsburgh (where I'm from) as the captial of the U.S, so I don't know much about what happened to all those civs. If you two are interested, I can post some screenshots of a game that I'm playing with Germany in which I had an expierence that mimiced the Thirty Years' War and, mostly, the Seven Years' War.

I guessing on the coal 1 tile NW of Washington. It's adjacent to the body of water that is Lake Erie. Maybe I'll just put a settler there and delete one of the others. But on to the war...
So it all started when Russia declared war on me. The Mongols failed to even invade Russia from the looks of it because they had exapnded as far as Vorkuta and Kazan by 1500 and were already called the Russian Empire. Peter wasn't happy that I captured Kiev so he declared war, which I understood and wasn't completely caught off guard. Emotion level: :rolleyes: Then in the west I saw a stack of French troops near Frankfurt. I thought "I don't think the French would really declare war on me" as I entered the next turn *France has declared war on you!* "Or not!" I finished the thought out loud.
Emotion level: :hmm: So I'm at war with those two, then two turns later a Spanish stack is right outside Frankfurt. "Surely they wouldn't be intellegent enough to declare war on me..."
*Spain has declared war on you!* "Son of a f:bts:ing b[civ4]" Emotion level: :gripe:

Then things got bad. The invasion of Russia failed because 3 things: General Winter, Russian mobilization on Novograd and Kiev and the loss of Frankfurt to the western Catholic alliance. So I retreated from Russia and sent my knights immediately to Frankfurt for a counter-attack.

The idiot Russains decided to attack Kiev with 5 cannons and one heavy swordsman, so they had no shot at capturing the city with one infantry. I ended up giving them Printing Press (more than I wanted to give up) to get them off my back and make it a one theatre war. The objective: Frankfurt, garrisoned with both French and Spanish troops. Because I had inflicted heavy losses on both armies during their assult, the defenders were few and almost half of them were cannons.

Success. The Spanish had no answer and the French foolishly sent their re-enforcements to attack Stettin rather then defend Frankfurt
(that French knight was actually part of a larger stack that had a super landsknect merc in it that I thought I wouldn't be able to kill). With no armies left, both France and Spain accepted treaties that gave me (small) amounts of gold as reparations.

Thats why I prefer waiting till I have infantry to take on the Russians,the tech lead also helps as they had only muskets in my last game. And unless you have an awesome tech lead(infantry vs muskets:p) you must have a great medic.
EDIT: I played pacifist before occupation, only spamming cannons/heavyswords. Then when I got nationalism I switched to Autocracy/Parliament/Totalitarianism/Occupation and went haywire and conquered france, england, russia, scandie, italy, turkey, and I was solid at the end.

I thought there were more than 3 free barb wins on monarch (5 or 6), but I can't say whether you are playing on monarch or not so I say this is indeed very lucky.:) My unluckiest defeat was a 99.6%. On another occasion I lost a 80% and a 90% battle against the same unit (!) that was barely damaged after the first attack.

I thought there were more than 3 free barb wins on monarch (5 or 6), but I can't say whether you are playing on monarch or not so I say this is indeed very lucky.:) My unluckiest defeat was a 99.6%. On another occasion I lost a 80% and a 90% battle against the same unit (!) that was barely damaged after the first attack.

It was monarch.
EDIT:I often lose >95% battles, I am accustomed to being unlucky:)

1: Arminius, the last defender of Rome :lol:

2: A sign?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 627
  • sign.JPG
    sign.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 582
Has anyone else had Rome, just Rome taken over by the Celts? Is it an OMG?

I started a game as Britain. I took a peek into Worldbuilder and saw that the celts had taken Rome, and France had Milan as it's capital. Paris hadn't been built, though France built Limoges and that city up there. Greece is Buddhist and Babylonia is still alive (they collapsed a few turns later).

At Civking: Yeah.

Top Bottom