Votes: 18 46.2%
  • 3 average

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • 4 not good

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • 5 Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Episode 1 is a masterpiece with some garbage rolled into it. It's so content rich it's scary.

Should have watched Machete then.
Are you trying to get Owen to commit suicide?
Episode 1 is a masterpiece with some garbage rolled into it. It's so content rich it's scary.
With some of the content left out. E.g. midichlorians, Jar Jar Binks, the too obviously named Finis Valorum, the wimpy Neimoidians, midichlorians, the stereotyped Gungans (including Jar Jar Binks), the 14-year-old elected Queen, the hordes of useless useful Cheddar Knights, and Jar Jar Binks. I might have forgotten some stuff along the way. Oh, the incredibly stupid droids.
I just saw Rogue Uno and almost every character had a Mexican accent.
You watched the dubbed version, didn't you?

What is a cheddar knight?

I assume the belief that the Jedi of the Republic were flamboyant but ultimately carved through like they were made out of cheese. Personally I like the "choreographed" style of fighting better than the limp hand fencing of the OT.

I saw it this weekend. I enjoyed the Babylon 5 references in it.

I didn’t make sense to have Sal, Gooding’s character, die in the manner he did. As a fanatic, Sal would not have given up the fight right when he was given that powerful weapon in Jin. Jin’s arrival and the possibility of finding a flaw in his enemy’s greatest weapon should have encouraged him to fight more and harder.

At the same time, cinematically Sal had to die. At the end of the second act when Jin and Captain Wandering Accent bring together the Rogue One squad, it is clear that the Rogues are all these murdering thugs who had done some dirty deeds in the cause of the rebellion. That these assassins rejected Sal as a being too extreme meant Sal was a seriously out there terrorist. Disney can’t have Gooding playing a sympathetic terrorist in a movie intended for all ages.

Donnie Yen as a kung fu jedi. Ho-boy. Best part of the movie. Too bad he only got one or two good fight scenes.

Last edited:
Galen's name for one. There were two others, but I can't remember them specifically in the stark light of Monday.

I thought the Babylon 5 characters name was Valen, not Galen.

I didn’t make sense to have Sal, Gooding’s character, die in the manner he did. As a fanatic, Sal would not have given up the fight right when he was given that powerful weapon in Jin. Jin’s arrival and the possibility of finding a flaw in his enemy’s greatest weapon should have encouraged him to fight more and harder.

It made perfect sense. If he had tried to escape, everyone would have died. He was a fanatic but not insane. Agenda over all else. His agenda would not be served by trying to save himself in that situation.

I mean, really. The dude was kept alive by a ghetto version of what Darth Vader was rocking. His legs were made out of spare parts. He needed an apparatus to breathe properly. There would have been no way for him to get out alive.

Edit: Also, it's Saw Gerrera, not Sal Gooding.

Top Bottom