The Ultimate Map Thread

I do, I made it editable and everything, Im currently using it for an IOT, you can find it in the IOT Ultimate map thread.

The internet sucks. Imageshack, Photobucket, TinyPic all shrink the map.. they never used to :(

I can't find an uploader that actually doesn't shrink the maps! What is everyone using now-a-days?

Ah Imageshack kept failing for me until I clicked the "not working for you?" button and it seems to have sorted itself, thank you!

Now, spoilering it'd be a good idea!

Only if you bring your Ork NES back! :p I really miss it :(

Only if you bring your Ork NES back! :p I really miss it :(

I'll bring NWolfNES I universe back, altho you'll all have to fight to colonize new lands to gain control of the valuable Mithril resources, which your homelands will need to survive the onslaught of undead, demons and a titan. So, Not the same character based game but now each one of you is a ruler of colonization efforts on the Mithril Isles.

Baww, but that was so much fun :(

I really wish you would add a Hedjaz (and Skane, and Lappland, and Aquitaine, etc) province. So many of the provinces are based off contemporary definitions of regional/national identity that seem awkward next to their more historical/less-arbitrary counterparts.

I really wish you would add a Hedjaz (and Skane, and Lappland, and Aquitaine, etc) province. So many of the provinces are based off contemporary definitions of regional/national identity that seem awkward next to their more historical/less-arbitrary counterparts.

Well, the game is essentially dealing with the modern era. By about the middle of the 19th century, national identity in Europe and the Americas was already taking the form which is familiar to contemporary eyes, and borders were pretty much modern borders with the notable major exception of what was Prussia.

It is more of a problem in Africa, where modern borders were imposed by European colonialism, which did not necessarily correspond to actual cultural identities. Still, I used them because 1) they're familiar, 2) they're not very far removed from the period we're dealing with, in fact they're a product of that period, and 3) in many cases they follow geographic boundaries.

I did have to cut the number of provinces down, and Hejaz and Aquitaine didn't make the final cut. As for Skane, I try not to add very small provinces (Gibraltar is included because of popular demand, Crete, Hong Kong and Singapore because kiwitt wants them in).

D~: So I've been working on a map for a possible NES, but I cannot for the life of me get it right. I'm trying to do a hex map as it seems saner for a regional focus and province/tile based game... but there are like no good resources out there for hex maps! I cannot even find a proper hex template (and yes, I have googled).

Wow. Stupid helpful. Now time to number them all!

Spoiler :

Here's what I've got so far! Thanks again, Vruchten. Each hex is about 5 miles.

edit: Good lord I should consider resizing this.

Pastel colors are hard to differentiate, that's my only problem.

fc

that map makes me want to kiss you

Looks like the pastel monster vomited all over the Orientals. But umm.. wow, that's a thorough prefectures legend.

Top Bottom