The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XXXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
After cleaning out a bunch of rotten food from my fridge (I'm kind of a hoard-and-forget kind of person), this is what it looks like:

View media item 5945
This is mold, right? I'm surprised that I can't find any images like this online, and I can't recall what the fridge looked like before I moved in.

EDIT: I forgot but I had some raw ground beef that should have been frozen over there. Must have been dripping. Still, that lower rung is giving a strong moldy impression...

I think it's more likely to be dried meat juice.

After cleaning out a bunch of rotten food from my fridge (I'm kind of a hoard-and-forget kind of person), this is what it looks like:

View media item 5945
This is mold, right? I'm surprised that I can't find any images like this online, and I can't recall what the fridge looked like before I moved in.

EDIT: I forgot but I had some raw ground beef that should have been frozen over there. Must have been dripping. Still, that lower rung is giving a strong moldy impression...
CivFanatics Forums - Error

You do not have permission to view media within this album.

Huh, that's odd, because I do.

It would appear so, yes.

Spoiler for Mouthwash's image :
full.jpg

I set the album to allow only me to see it (I thought that was only for the album view, and that the pictures would show up for others in my posts). Don't see an option to change the setting, though.

Last edited:
Definitely not mold.

Reddish discolorations are probably from juices dripping out of beef coloring (water, blood, food coloring to make it more attractive). With a bit of work that should wash.

That's blood from the ground beef. I get that all the time. I wipe it up, but I've had times where it got down behind the meat drawer where I didn't find it for a while and it looks just like that.

I'm seeing a bunch of TV ads for home title theft and home title lock, a business that supposedly keeps an eye on your property thru the county register of deeds etc so you're not the victim of fraud. Apparently what happens is a crook steals your ID, forges a name onto your home title and then borrows money against your house.

Why in the hell is a homeowner liable for loans other people make to crooks who stole your ID? It aint my damn problem somebody got conned into making a loan to a forger.

I can only think this happens because banks and loan outfits dont want to take the hit for their mistake so they bribed politicians to make homeowners liable.

I'm seeing a bunch of TV ads for home title theft and home title lock, a business that supposedly keeps an eye on your property thru the county register of deeds etc so you're not the victim of fraud. Apparently what happens is a crook steals your ID, forges a name onto your home title and then borrows money against your house.

Why in the hell is a homeowner liable for loans other people make to crooks who stole your ID? It aint my damn problem somebody got conned into making a loan to a forger.

I can only think this happens because banks and loan outfits dont want to take the hit for their mistake so they bribed politicians to make homeowners liable.

Nope. That's an unnecessary intermediate step. The politicians haven't done that, and they don't need the politicians to do that.

If that happens you aren't liable. But Home Title Theft Inc. is not required to tell you that you are not liable when they are selling you their 'don't let this happen to you' service. They are basically selling you on "this can happen" so that they can sell you their "prevention." That's where the scam is. That's common throughout the identity theft racket.

"Pay us to prevent identity theft or some thief will withdraw your money from the bank." No they won't. Maybe they will withdraw the bank's money, but they won't withdraw mine. The "thief" is the person trying to sell protection against what cannot happen.

I've been googling that matter to find out if homeowners can be held liable but instead of getting an answer I keep coming across people advising us how to avoid the problem - mainly just regular checking with the register of deeds, keeping track of bills like utilities to see if someone has intervened so eg the water bill doesn't show up because its being sent to a new 'owner'. But once someone has forged your title it can become a problem for the victim so I'm trying to find out how serious.

I've been googling that matter to find out if homeowners can be held liable but instead of getting an answer I keep coming across people advising us how to avoid the problem - mainly just regular checking with the register of deeds, keeping track of bills like utilities to see if someone has intervened so eg the water bill doesn't show up because its being sent to a new 'owner'. But once someone has forged your title it can become a problem for the victim so I'm trying to find out how serious.
My brother got identity thefted, not with the home deed though. He ended up sorting it out, but it did seem like the burden of proof was on him not the bank, to prove it was not him that made the loan.

That's common with banks everywhere. Even when it's obviously their mistake, they still blame the customer.

My brother got identity thefted, not with the home deed though. He ended up sorting it out, but it did seem like the burden of proof was on him not the bank, to prove it was not him that made the loan.

Count on the bank to try to avoid responsibility. Particularly by pretending that you have to make the case, and by playing the "possession is nine tenths" card in that they do actually have your money in their possession...but generally as soon as the customer gets a lawyer involved the bank will fold because they very seldom have a case. Usually the "forger" has done absolutely nothing to make their loan application look even remotely real, and when confronted by "the applicant had three pieces of basic information, appears to have made up the rest on the fly without any regards to plausibility, and in fact signed the application 'Mickey Mouse'" they know they will not only lose but take an enormous PR hit in the process.

Lawyers are really expensive, but "okay, if this is how we are going to play it just give me copies of all the loan documents that you are alleging that I signed for my lawyer and I'll be on my way" will usually do the trick, because they know that one look at those documents will torpedo them.

I set the album to allow only me to see it (I thought that was only for the album view, and that the pictures would show up for others in my posts). Don't see an option to change the setting, though.
We're allowed to have non-Civ things in our albums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom