TIL: Today I Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL that brussel sprouts are nicer than they used to be:

Link in cartoon

Hmmr, see I always liked brussle sprouts. This makes me wonder if I never ate the old cultivar or if the memetic effect made them out to be more awefull then they are.

The root is what makes it bitter. Cut off the root.

(The last time I posted this, Tim swooped in to throw me into the public stocks for my use of the word "root." But you get the idea.)

TIL that @Cutlass has dropped his avatar and and made is account private. :(

Have a look again: this is being researched, and is not an accepted therapy for anything.
our collaboration partners have a few trials with these worms running, and there it's currently about safety and immunological effects in humans.
:think: I actually don't know if they're looking at them for therapeutic reasons, or just to study treatmeant, should maybe ask :lol:.

It's still very interesting :).

Wow, that is nuts.
The FPAQ maintains a strategic reserve of maple syrup, officially known as the International Strategic Reserve (ISR) and also referred to as the Global Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve. The reserve is operated as a government-sanctioned cartel to control global maple syrup prices and supply, and has been called "the OPEC of the maple syrup world" by The Economist.[7][8] A barrel is worth about $1,200 or $2.88 per pound which is 10-18 times the value of U.S. crude oil.[6][9]

I have no original thoughts, so I'll just post someone elses'.

on the contrary I would advise everyone to express that sentiment very clearly in as many public occasions as possible

Look, there's better ways to solve the issue of overpopulation.

Kemal Atatürk was from Tessaloniki and it feels weird to say that

Iirc he wasn't even from the city. Also, apparently he was just an islamized jew (which is ironic, given Mein Kampf is on the best seller list in Turkey since forever :satan: ).
Though not particularly ironic, in light of the fact that there Hitler spells out he is inspired by Kemal to do a similar genocide.

North Macedonia only Macedonia

I prefer to call it "the former former yugoslav republic of", tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom