Trump Assassination Attempt.

I was only speaking of the histrionics around Trump ending Democracy. We have a set of global issues that no one seems to have an answer for. The starting place for the next administration will be looking out for America first. That is the foundation. We build from there. A disintegrating America does the world no good.
So ... you want to make America ... important ... once more?

But IIRC Donald got the agreement that got the USA (and also the UK) out of Afghanistan political quagmire, signed.
He handed Afghanistan to the Taliban, yes.
Joe Biden as VP kept the Afghanistan involvement going and as POTUS failed to tell the Afghan
government to stand down, and shows no sign of having any solution to either of these two current wars.
You funny. Go check with who Trump negotiatied the withdrawel. Hint: it wasn't the Afghan government.

Also:
US forces in Afghanistan dropped a record number of bombs last year, more than at any other time in at least 10 years, according to the US Air Force.

The US has dropped 7,423 bombs on targets in Afghanistan in 2019, marking a rise from the 7,362 munitions dropped in 2018, US Air Forces Central Command (AFCENT) said in a report released on Monday.

The United Nations and rights groups have repeatedly expressed concerns over the increase in air raids across the country by US and Afghan forces that have resulted in a dramatic rise in civilian casualties.

Earlier this month, more than 60 civilians were killed or wounded in a US drone attack targeting a top Taliban splinter-group commander in the western Afghanistan province of Herat.

OK, but still, how?

Elephants are eaten in mouthfuls, and the pyramids were built in steps.

The first step is by recognising that current policy is not working and not remaining its prisoner.

And the second thing is being willing to try.

And the Joe Biden administration has not recognised that, and is not willing to try.

The third step is realistically assessing the situation and analysing options
attributing to each option: benefits, disadvantages, risks, mitigation.

Fourth step is appointing some one capable to get a peace process started.

What has Trump said about these?

A great deal of verbal nonsense.

But remember he was prepared to meet "rocketman",
which at least demonstrated some willingness.

Personally I think that Donald Trump will be unable to
survive well enough to meaningfully serve his term.

Which is why his choice of JD Vance was important.

Question (for other thread) is who will be the democrat VP candidate.

Elephants are eaten in mouthfuls, and the pyramids were built in steps.

The first step is by recognising that current policy is not working and not remaining its prisoner.

And the second thing is being willing to try.

And the Joe Biden administration has not recognised that, and is not willing to try.

The third step is realistically assessing the situation and analysing options
attributing to each option: benefits, disadvantages, risks, mitigation.

Fourth step is appointing some one capable to get a peace process started.

A great deal of verbal nonsense.

But remember he was prepared to meet "rocketman",
which at least demonstrated some willingness.

Personally I think that Donald Trump will be unable to
survive well enough to meaningfully serve his term.

Which is why his choice of JD Vance was important.

Question (for other thread) is who will be the democrat VP candidate.

Are you sure you're not just speaking a great deal of cover that amounts to fixing a poorly fitting window by deliberately breaking it using a guy who doesn't believe in fixing, in order to provoke a fixing g response from someone?

Yes I am sure, my post doesn't mention windows, and
these wars are worse than poorly fitting windows.
But you mentioned elephants and pyramids, both of which have nothing to do with negotiating agreements in this context.

Come on, there must be another thread for all this stuff surely? I'm here for the latest on the conspiracy theories about second gunmen shooting shards of glass into a prosthetic ear, not all this political nonsense!

Come on, there must be another thread for all this stuff surely? I'm here for the latest on the conspiracy theories about second gunmen shooting shards of glass into a prosthetic ear, not all this political nonsense!
Create you own and post them here I guess.

The head of the secret service got torn apart by both sides in Congress today.

What really surprised me was that Representative Pat Fallon (R-Texas) personally recreated the Trump shooting and scored 15/16 kills with the miss hitting an ear.

Pfft, he used a scope for half the shots and a laser dot for the other half.

The actual shooter had no aim assist besides iron sights.

**Edit**
Fixed!

Last edited:

His ear being hit by a shard of glass or plastic isn't a conspiracy theory imo, it's the most likely explanation for what happened

You obviously haven't been tracking what I have been saying. I've been largely correct on things like the Colorado decision, the immunity ruling, was probably the first one here to label Biden a goner. And, if you look it up, I even said that Trump and his secret service detail were entering a particularly dangerous time not long before the assassination attempt. I am right a little more than my fair share, to the chagrin of many.

I also predicted that if Biden stepped aside that Harris would definitely be the nominee while others were having wet dreams for Newsom and Whitmer. Let's see how that one turns out.
Obviously? Why would I be following what "predictions" you've made? Also, those predictions have no bearing on the assumption that a. Trump, a polarizing candidate, will win and b. that Vance will be president in the following election. The reasoning is "I was right in these instances so it must be true that all my opinions are correct"? That's strange logic. Its definintely in hte realm of possibility but sorry, its going to be close and no one really knows for sure who will win and we definitely don't know if Vance will run let alone win in 2028. Also predicting Biden was a "goner" is not impressive. Most people with eyes and ears could see his decline even in the early years of his term [bike incident]. I don't think anyone was excited to see Biden run again aside from the Trump campaign. Additionally, saying a hated polarizing candidate out on the campaign trail is in danger is not an amazing "prediction" either its a fact. The sheer number of events that he holds puts him in danger. All politicians are in danger especially now.

But that's all beside the point, the original claim I made is that America is polarized and, I think, on the precipice of an uptick in political violence and frankly its concerning. But you just responded with a dismissive bad faith answer based on what you guess is going to happen. Should Trump get elected again, hes not going to usher in a new period of unity and stability its going to be another sh*t show just like the his first term, invariably it will get heated and and hes going to throw gas on the fire just like he always does. That's based not on what I think is going to happen but what actually happened last time he was President. He habitually lies, has no ability to change, has zero humility, and makes no effort to bring people, other than his supporters, together. I say he gets elected, buckle up, its gonna get wild.

Last edited:
The head of the secret service got torn apart by both sides in Congress today.

What really surprised me was that Representative Pat Fallon (R-Texas) personally recreated the Trump shooting and scored 15/16 kills with the miss hitting an ear.

Pfft, he used a scope with a laser dot.

The actual shooter had no aim assist besides iron sights.
Aren't these things a bit disingenuous by nature, congressional hearings that is, its a bit like dunking on a cripple. I mean its just not fair. Who in their right mind is gonna say " ya I think she did a great job and mistakes were not made in regards to protecting a presidential candidate"? These things seem to be mainly for show. Fire her and get on with it.

Aren't these things a bit disingenuous by nature, congressional hearings that is, its a bit like dunking on a cripple. I mean its just not fair. Who in their right mind is gonna say " ya I think she did a great job and mistakes were not made in regards to protecting a presidential candidate"? These things seem to be mainly for show. Fire her and get on with it.

Has Biden actually fired anyone during his 3.5 years as President?

As long as she stays on as head of the Secret Service, she doesn't have to pay for any legal counsel every time Congress yanks her there with a subpoena to testify over this matter I think.
The government pays for it. :)
See Step #4

Here is the fuller video of the absolute reaming she endured.
Spicy stuff.

Hmm, not really.

Trump's security was actually increased before the rally because the Iranians actually are trying to kill him. (He murdered their top general in Iraq)
Which turned out to be a good thing? (The increased security) :crazyeye:

Ex-presidents just don't rate big time secret service protection.
RFK got none at all because he didn't poll high enough to be a main contender.

Trump's team the day of the shooting was not his regular team.
They were worn out from 7-day weeks and were rotated out except for 1 guy, the lead agent.

So all the agents there that day were pulled off currency stuff or other things and assembled into a hodge-podge.
Not the A-team. (President gets that)
Not even the B-team. (day off)
So, the C-team.
And just like that, maybe it was a bit true.

Top officials at the U.S. Secret Service repeatedly denied requests for additional resources and personnel sought by Donald Trump’s security detail in the two years leading up to his attempted assassination at a rally in Pennsylvania last Saturday, according to four people familiar with the requests.

I had no idea the Secret Service was so constrained on resources.

Don't the feds spend money like water?
How can that be?

**Edit**
The director of the Secret Service has resigned.

Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle resigned following a brutal Congressional hearing into the assassination attempt against former President Donald Trump.

Her resignation was reported by the Associated Press Tuesday morning.

She announced her resignation in an email sent to staff, the AP reported. Cheatle has served in her position since August 2022.

"I take full responsibility for the security lapse. In light of recent events, it is with a heavy heart that I have made the difficult decision to step down as your director," she said in the letter, according to the AP.

Top Bottom