UK CFC Meet 2010

Are you interested in coming?

• Total voters
Plt, there's no way you're over 25 with that face.

Gratz on the air hockey, lads.

I'm 34. Oddly, I got carded when trying to buy wine in Tesco's today. This happened a couple of weeks ago too. It never happened when I was in my 20s, ever. It must be all that Boots no 7 Protect and Perfect I've been using.

You got carded? Hahahah. That said, I got carded for some innocuous pain-killers the other week and I'm 31!

Hey, at our age it's a big compliment!

I didn't have any proof of age (they wouldn't accept a library card), but they said that on closer inspection I looked old enough. I chose not to take that as an insult.

The Chinamen across the street never asked for an ID even when I was still underage. Plot, seriously, you chose not to take it as an offense? You could have asked for an extra bottle as compensation.

Hey, at our age it's a big compliment!

I didn't have any proof of age (they wouldn't accept a library card), but they said that on closer inspection I looked old enough. I chose not to take that as an insult.

I'm exactly the same, though me beard normally seems to count as a +18 proof of age. I was ID'd the other week though, and would have been delighted if it weren't for the fact I later realised folk are supposed to ID if you look under 25 now, just to be sure :(

More pics!

Spoiler :
We go to Nando's! Everyone is exceptionally excited!

Okay so Daftpanzer and G&T aren't, but maybe Mise and Davo?

Oh dear...let's just get these out of the way then:

There's always a pub to be had though, that'll cheer everyone up.

Davo's looking interested, which probably means he's discussing Ed Milliband again.

Looking through the photos I have, I discover I always seem to be catching only one half or the other of Daftpanzer's face everytime. I'm just going to put it to quantum photography and leave it at that.

Thanks Abaddon...

That is one fantastic hat! Whoever bought that thing has to have the most amazing sense of fashion. Not the person currently under it, obviously :mischief:

I'll go through the scraps I have left and put them up sometime soon.

See the camera blur as I drunkenly gesticulate.

God knows what I was on about, but I was waving my hands around like a Roman :)

All that over-30 youthfulness must be the lack of contact with the real world… fresh air and sunshine are supposed to make your skin weather a bit. Or maybe it's gotten rainier since I left… :think:

I knew there was something I was forgetting to do last weekend, sorry guys! Looks like you had fun though!

I wonder what Gin&Tonic drank.

GinandTonic came into the pub and walked straight past us direct to the bar to secure himself a pint before doing anything else.

That's a man who knows what a pub is for.

(I was wussily restricting myself to orange juice, but I'd like to say in my defence that this is because I'd just come straight from another pub where my better half was plying me with Uncle Jack.)

Orange juice? Orange… juice? What's the point in vodkaless orange juice?

Who is the Hugh Cornwell lookalike?

You all look like students to me. Except maybe G&T, who has the about the right amount of world-weariness that I had expected. Wish I had turned up :(

:bump:

I'll be in London from the 27th (event that evening) through the 2nd if anyone is up for meeting up at a pub. I'm buying the first round.

I'm also looking for fun stuff to do that someone from London would do.

It wouldn't be fun if an Englishman did it.

Top Bottom