1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

UK facists Win seats in European Parliament

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Grimz101, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

Money. Money. Money.

Plus together we stand alot more chance of standing up to China, Russia, USA, Japan than we would do individually.

And things like co-operation on crime, global warming, easy movement for citizens etc.

2. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

But... but... they want to outlaw bent bananas and only allow straight cucumbers this is an outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who cares about prosperity when we have serious issues like fruit and vegetables to deal with.

3. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

:lol:

No ones ever perfect.

4. Imperialmajesty

Imperialmajesty Emperor

And how does the UK make money of this arrangement that couldn't be made via a free trade agreement of some sort.

5. ComradeDavo

ComradeDavo Formerly God

If you want intricate details of the E.U go google it, cuz thats all i'm going to do! I'm not a genius on the details etc, but the whole idea is to create a trade agreement for many countries all together which is benificial and 'fair'.

Plus when I talk about money i'm also reffering to money for community projects and so forth.

Actually Mise probably knows alot more than me on the matter...

6. ParadigmShifter

America loves to punch small bespectacled kids in the face, the EU is a big boy we can gang up with when it comes to trade negotiations.

7. Imperialmajesty

Imperialmajesty Emperor

How does a fair trade agreement help Britain economically? Wouldn't a "fair" trade agreement disproportionally help the poorer nations of Europe while hurting the richer ones?

8. Kerozine

Kerozine Deity

At least provide leads for him to follow up on, if you're going to tell him to go google something..

9. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

One of the major ones would be the fact that companies who set up in the UK have access to the whole EU market without any tariffs or barriers to movement of their goods. It makes the UK a lot more attractive for investors.

10. Angst

Angst Rambling and inconsistent

I am truly ashamed of my nation when it comes to the European Union.

11. REDY

REDY Duty Caller

Well every country has it, Switzerland or Norway also..todays point is make common tarrifs againist big big non-european import - USA, China or Africa. But main point of EU is donate French agriculture (I think that Great Britain has some exception, therefore hasnt main reason to stay there). Another one is giving work to people employed in European bueraucracy, free movement of criminals and donations to corrupted projects.

12. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

:lol: I was waiting when this one will come :lol:

Yes, that's very British - let's stay, but let's undermine the whole thing all the time to prevent it from becoming effective and strong. This British attitude is perhaps even more dangerous than your fervent euroscepticism.

This is so funny - I mentioned Yes Minister two times and you actually believe that I draw all my knowledge from it. How silly is that?

Anyway, Britain is generally anti-EU, it's people don't feel European not nearly as much as the continentals, the press spits the vilest slander of the EU, its government is contantly in opposition to more integration and every chance it gets it tries to act on its own, maintain a distance from the "inferior" continentals (you don't say it, but that's how most of you feel so there is no point in denying that) and foster "special relationships" with the US and other English speaking ex-colonies.

My question stays - if you feel so uneasy in the EU and don't like the direction in which it is trying to progress, why the heck are you staying? Get out, renegotiate the trade treaties and other stuff and you will be free to build your island paradise without the evil Brussels sniffing around and telling you what you have to do.

13. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Retired Moderator

personally, I believe the above state of mind is doing much more harm to europe than immigration ever could...

:goodjob: absolutely :)

14. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

Something makes me feel that if the EU abolished CAP, its approaval rating would go up by at least 30% :D

Every time I hear people complain about EU regulation and bureaucracy, they use examples somehow connected to the agriculture.

15. AL_DA_GREAT

AL_DA_GREAT amour absinthe révolution

So you really think there would be no hospitals if there where no immigrants. Thats why Japan's life expectancy is at a third world level.

There are loads of unemployed englishmen who can man the hospitals. One of the main reasons why we have immigration is to increase the supply of labour. Something that is in plentiful supply is cheap. If millions of workers where repatriated and millions of Chinese people stopped producing goods sold in Britain there would be an extreme shortage of labour. Every man would have a good job. Sure the financial district of London would collapse and the GNP would go down but the working man would benifit greatly.

16. Bast

Bast Protector of Cats

How about just shipping the unemployed off to another place like how Britain used to do in the 18th century. Oh...

17. ParadigmShifter

Cool Al, I've always wanted to be operated on by unemployed Englishmen.

We have a chronic shortage of British doctors and nurses, in fact some NHS trusts have to pay to send people abroad for treatment.

But let's just invent a strawman (Japanese healthcare) instead to justify your vile racist hate. When the backlash starts the fascist scum are going to be the ones needing to use the A&E departments anyway. "Don't sew my head up, you are not an Englishman. I demand an English doctor now!!!!".

18. Newbunkle

Newbunkle Muppet

This, pretty much. Most people are fine with an economic union. I don't think I've met anybody who thinks that's a bad idea.

19. AL_DA_GREAT

AL_DA_GREAT amour absinthe révolution

The differences is that they where Brittish. This time we would be sending them home.
    I am fully convinced that there are thousands of highly qualified people in England who never got into med school.

In what way is it good that england takes all the doctors from Africa. Over a third of all med school grads in Africa move abroad. This is colonialism.
    Raise the wages for the NHS workers.
    Oh yes not wanting to go extinct is racist. You multicultis are going to need a lot of medical attention the day that your part of town is full of immigrants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08r59vfVvqA

20. holy king

holy king Deity

swedes arent a race and can therefore not go extinct, silly.

imermixing with homo sapiens of other phenotypes doesnt do anything to the human race but strenghtening the gene pool.