v27 and above - Single Player Bug/Crashes report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works now. I thought I had entered the new female missionaries correctly or at least fixed the problem a version or so ago but it appears not.

When reloading my latest autosave, this is what I encountered. Playing Version 27, and I have NOT installed a new version after having started this game.

I've also uploaded a save game, in case that's helpful.

When reloading my latest autosave, this is what I encountered. Playing Version 27, and I have NOT installed a new version after having started this game.

Check out the Black Terrain thread in the bugs/crashes forum for more details on this.

The fact that the popup about recalculating assets has appeared even though you say you have not changed anything suggests that something has become corrupted. I would suggest a deletion of c2C and reinstall. Unless you want to spend the time and see if you can identify where the problem occurred - that would involve deleting one of the FPK files in the Assets folder, copying jus tha file from the download file and trying to load your save. If it works, tell us the name of the FPK. If it doesn't then try the next. Unfortunately even if you find the one(s) causing the problem there may be no way for us to fix it.:(

The fact that the popup about recalculating assets has appeared even though you say you have not changed anything suggests that something has become corrupted. I would suggest a deletion of c2C and reinstall. Unless you want to spend the time and see if you can identify where the problem occurred - that would involve deleting one of the FPK files in the Assets folder, copying jus tha file from the download file and trying to load your save. If it works, tell us the name of the FPK. If it doesn't then try the next. Unfortunately even if you find the one(s) causing the problem there may be no way for us to fix it.:(

I was thinking the same thing, that something had probably become corrupted, so delete and reinstall is the plan. I did the deletion earlier, but haven't gotten around to the reinstall yet. Hoping that will fix whatever was wrong. Thanks.

in recent SVN's I have had to unpack my c2c.fpk to remove the black tile problem and then it works fine.

I'm having bouts of CTDs accross my games.

But first, I'd like to mention that I'm running Civ IV BTS 3.19 for PC on a Mac through a Wineskin wrapper (as outlined here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=472117). As such, I do not know if my problem stems from the configurations of my wrapper or from the C2C itself, which is why I'd be grateful if someone took a look.

I'm currently running C2C v27. The CTD, at first, appears at the end of turn processing, and does not yield a warning or anything. When I go back to my autosaves, I find that all the ones closest to the original CTD point also CTD without warning at the end of the loading sequence.

I've included a save file and the mini-dump related to its loading. If someone could try to load the save and tell me if it works, that'd be nice.

P.S.: I'd also like to point out that the CTD happens at latest during the Middle Ages on a normal speed game, and that I have not had this sort of problem with previous incarnations of C2C (the apparent save-game corruption and all).

Attachments

• justinbn1 files.zip
    526.2 KB · Views: 57

But first, I'd like to mention that I'm running Civ IV BTS 3.19 for PC on a Mac through a Wineskin wrapper (as outlined here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=472117). As such, I do not know if my problem stems from the configurations of my wrapper or from the C2C itself, which is why I'd be grateful if someone took a look.

I'm currently running C2C v27. The CTD, at first, appears at the end of turn processing, and does not yield a warning or anything. When I go back to my autosaves, I find that all the ones closest to the original CTD point also CTD without warning at the end of the loading sequence.

I've included a save file and the mini-dump related to its loading. If someone could try to load the save and tell me if it works, that'd be nice.

P.S.: I'd also like to point out that the CTD happens at latest during the Middle Ages on a normal speed game, and that I have not had this sort of problem with previous incarnations of C2C (the apparent save-game corruption and all).

I've downloaded and will take a look. But... we have debugged a few v27 CTDs and its very possible you're reporting something that's been fixed on the SVN. I'd ask you to update to the most recent SVN version and see if you continue to have this trouble.

The dump doesn't have any useful info, but I'd give it 99% plus odds that your wrapper setup is the problem.

The dump doesn't have any useful info, but I'd give it 99% plus odds that your wrapper setup is the problem.

Allow me to hope you're wrong. It would be a pain to try and get it to work properly, especially since I'm no programmer.

I will try it with SVN, though, see if perhaps my CTDs were perhaps generated by C2C.

Oh, and has anyone tried to open my save file? If so, did it work?

EDIT: Tried with SVN. Unfortunately, my save still crashes. Unless someone else experiences the same problem with my file, I must assume my wrapper is at fault. I suspect my RAM is somehow limited by it.

Don't usually play with advanced diplomacy / allowing unit trading. So far in this quick run through im doing occasionally AI asks for one of my workers and offers like $200+, but in the same transaction I can request one of his workers and make a $150 profit. *sorry didn't get screenie of that.
But I did grab a screenshot of this one, 2 bear riders for $59, thats way too cheap.

Spoiler :

*edit* I remember reporting something similar awhile back for deer riders I think it was. Perhaps these unique units should not be tradeable? That might simplify working out the costs and having a blanket fix on all these cheap units.

I get a CTD whenever I load a game if I have any Build Lists. Renaming the Build List file to noBuildLists fixes the problem (deleting it, obviously, would do the same, but I'd rather not lose the list if possible).

I ran into this problem shortly after the lists were introduced but forgot to mention it until now. I'm not sure at this point if it's multiple lists that break it, a specific building, or any at all.

EDIT: Also, is it intentional that if you put a "Paved Road" on a "Thatch Cutter," it gets -1 Hammer? If so, that probably shouldn't be a recommended action. ;)

I am having the same problem. I am glad I found this post because I was at a loss as to what was causing the crash. But I renamed my buildlist file and wala... it works. If it helps I have two really long lists...I will message AIAndy.

Civic question/bug? Was running combo of civics that includes Junta, Ownership, Coinage, Open Borders, State Church, etc. Tried to switch to Magistrates and suddenly got +3 unhappiness for "no taxation without representation" Kind of crippling. Any idea what civics trigger this? or is this a bug?

EDIT: Realized its because I dropped my tax rate.

But how have odd bug. Using snv 4392. Game was running fine. this this morning i try to reload it would finish loading the .sav then CTD. same thing happened with i try to start new game. re-rexported svn and tried again. same result.

I am having the same problem. I am glad I found this post because I was at a loss as to what was causing the crash. But I renamed my buildlist file and wala... it works. If it helps I have two really long lists...I will message AIAndy.
A problem diagnosed is a problem mostly solved. Well done!

Civic question/bug? Was running combo of civics that includes Junta, Ownership, Coinage, Open Borders, State Church, etc. Tried to switch to Magistrates and suddenly got +3 unhappiness for "no taxation without representation" Kind of crippling. Any idea what civics trigger this? or is this a bug?

EDIT: Realized its because I dropped my tax rate.

But how have odd bug. Using snv 4392. Game was running fine. this this morning i try to reload it would finish loading the .sav then CTD. same thing happened with i try to start new game. re-rexported svn and tried again. same result.
Post your savegame.

So, I've got a pretty strange bug. Whenever I start a game, I initially have no Military civic enabled. it's not even on Militia. When I try and change it to one (for example once unlocking Banditry) the game just crashes straight to desktop with no error message at all.

I'm using the version posted in the main download thread, no SVN. Any idea what might be causing this? If it's any help, I think it was a scenario with Revolutions enabled.

EDIT: Must be something to do with the scenario. Just ran a Play Now and everything was as it should be.

I solved my problem, was an issue with copying over build lists. may have been a building that was removed or had its name changed in there.

Barbs and animals dont give Great General points when defeated. However, if your unit has Animal or Barbarian Hunter promotion, defeating them does give great general points. Im not sure if its intentional or not but with this its possible to farm animals in unsettled areas for lots of free great general points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom