Venezuela Needs A Pinochet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find terribly hilarious that in the charts provided the economy only takes off spectacularly at around the time of Pinochet's fall from power.
And that the transition dates are chosen to maximize the difference. And a linear chart is chosen instead of a log chart to exaggerate the appearance.

The long term growth rate iirc was basically the same. Chileans never stopped being Chilean.

Respectfully, when you say he "stabilized the country" and "removed the communist subversives", those are arguable conclusions instead of irrefutable facts.

They're not arguable. Chile experienced economic growth and had a stable government.

I realize many people here on the left want to believe the narrative that fits with their worldview, however that's simply not possible here because the evidence doesn't lie.

I find terribly hilarious that in the charts provided the economy only takes off spectacularly at around the time of Pinochet's fall from power.

The Chilean economy was essentially non-existent when Pinochet took power and the graphs clearly show economic growth during his government.

It's an irrefutable fact.

Infracted for personal attacks.
No, I was just pointing out where your free market capitalist outlook surrenders to what you view as the broader common good. It's ok to have such a viewpoint, but please realize where you are losing your capitalist purity. A true capitalist would want the free market to decide where people live, not a bunch of statists.

You have no argument, or anything remotely resembling intellectual thought. Your posts are vapid and you have no point to make. You're only here to make petty comments and instigate bickering while pretending to be above it all, which is why you attempt to put words in my mouth while building this capitalist puritan strawman - something which doesn't exist.

What you had hoped would come off as some sort of display of wit on your part more closely resembles verbal diarrhea. Welcome to the ignore list.

Moderator Action: Posts like these are unacceptable. There is no argument, only a long string of insults and publicly advertising someone's placement on your ignore list. Three point infraction.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chilean economy was essentially non-existent when Pinochet took power and the graphs clearly show economic growth during his government.
The reason the fascists lost WW2 is that they were into self validating fantasies, while their enemies (us) worked with reality to beat them.

Your graph doesn't say what you want it to. I already explained how.

Your graph doesn't say what you want it to. I already explained how.

The graphs quite clearly show economic growth and reductions in poverty after Pinochet's free market reforms, but feel free to elaborate.

Last edited:
The graph quite clearly shows economic growth after Pinochet's free market reforms, but feel free to elaborate.

Unlike you, Hygro usually avoids being boringly repetitious in his posts. As he said, he already explained the flaw in your presentation. If you didn't understand it the first time why should he go through it again? JUST SCROLL UP!!!!

International investors are kinda skittish when it comes to investing in countries run by military dictators. No telling when they might forget to pay a bribe and end up with a helicopter ride.

International investors are kinda skittish when it comes to investing in countries run by military dictators. No telling when they might forget to pay a bribe and end up with a helicopter ride.

Well, other than the US government, which has led the way on investing in dictatorships for several decades.

Yeah, bad things happen when you give US Investors a helicopter ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom