Which movies have you seen lately? Kinetic Icon VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planet of the Apes was on AMC the other day.

My favorite movie of all time, Rod Serling is the bomb. 11/10.

Planet of the Apes was on AMC the other day.

My favorite movie of all time, Rod Serling is the bomb. 11/10.

That's your favorite movie of all time?

...really? I mean it's absolutely a fun movie but...really?

Its my bias I guess. I love Rod Serling and nearly everything he did. Twilight Zone is my favorite TV Show of all time too. But yup its my favorite movie my top 5 would probably be something like

1. Planet of the Apes
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. The Time Machine
4. The Godfather
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark

Not anything official and probably subject to change, but those are movies I would watch any day and love.

1968 was home to both this and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Both great movies, but I have always preferred Planet of the Apes

I'm jealous.
It was pretty awesome. Netflix has the shorter version.

Its my bias I guess. I love Rod Serling and nearly everything he did. Twilight Zone is my favorite TV Show of all time too. But yup its my favorite movie my top 5 would probably be something like

1. Planet of the Apes
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. The Time Machine
4. The Godfather

Not anything official and probably subject to change, but those are movies I would watch any day and love.
"Shakespeare in Love" isn't on your list? Why not?

To be honest I have never seen it :p. You are more than welcome to make your own list of course.

You should give it a viewing.

Sure when I get the chance - Don't have Netflix, may try looking it up somewhere online.

I don't find that sort of list unusual. Most of my top movies are not exactly academy award material either.

lincoln. 7/10. suprisingly entertaining for it mainly consisting of house of representative meetings for 3 hours. just when i was about to think "ok, it's been fun and all, but can somebody shoot him in the head already for this to end", that's just what happened.
amazing main actor, and surprisingly grey depiction of events for a major american movie.

la jetee 7/10. the short that inspired twelve monkeys. consisting of narrated over stills for 26 minutes, this is of course very artsy, yet definitely entertaining. go see it if you love gilliam's movie.

1. Planet of the Apes
2. Shawshank Redemption
3. The Time Machine
4. The Godfather

1968 was home to both this and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Both great movies, but I have always preferred Planet of the Apes

Fair enough. I liked Planet of the Apes, but with all the other great movies out there I don't think it would make my top 5. Godfather is definitely my number 1 at this point. Just an absolutely amazing movie.

too long, tried to do too much, dragged a lot in the middle

Visually magnificent. Excellent acting. Built great tension. Very well shot movie. Well edited. Great music. Great lighting.

The Thin Red Line (1998). Very well filmed. 8/10

That's about the best compliment one could give that movie :lol:

I'm of the opinion that Terrance Malick would make a fantastic nature documentary guy. Director of movies? Not so much.

This past weekend I forced my college roommate to watch the Empire Strikes Back because the only Star Wars he had scene was I and III. I had to put a stop to that crap! :eek2: Mission accomplished as he has taken IV and VI watch on a trip this week.

I don't actually remember that scene, to be honest. Movie overall wasn't very memorable for me.

It wasn't a scene as much as every scene he was in. ;)

I actually thought the movie overall was very well done. The thing is, when I first saw it back in the 90's on VHS, it was very forgetable.

To each his own. After seeing two of Malick's flicks, I've come to really dislike them.

Mainly because he gets away with doing the same movie over and over again :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom