• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what have you all been up to recently? I've been preparing for DA:I.
Do any of you think that this is a good way for a character to die in an adventure?
Spoiler :

Edit: And thus Serah Hawke was impaled by the Arishok and left hanging for all the nobility to see, the second and most stunning display of the fate of those who do not accept the Qun...

Running fleets in Eve and trying not to be terrible at that and Rome II: Total War. Also trying to get into Civ V, but it's hard after playing Civ IV for so long.

i'm not up to much deservedly nothing but despair

Dark times are these. Search for the light inside we must.

Spoiler :

Running fleets in Eve and trying not to be terrible at that and Rome II: Total War. Also trying to get into Civ V, but it's hard after playing Civ IV for so long.

Tycho, did you pay money for Rome II? What is your honest opinion of it? Have you played other TW games?

It has been critically slammed as a massive car crash of a game, which is all I know about it. Some of the gameplay videos I've seen are hilarious, bordering on tragic when you consider the millions of dollars and the collective hopes of the TW community that went into it... Hashtag moderngamingsucks.

Modern gaming rules; you support suck developers/publishers.

efc: all anyone needs to do to see the industry has always had/been trash is watch AVGN for five minutes until his gimmick makes you want to stab yourself in the neck with a pen.

With the release of D&D 5ed I've been getting into it and even ordered the starter pack... A lack of nerd friends might block me from playing much... I'll try to force my friends...

So anyone interested in playing with a full blown noob in the coming future? We could use roll20 for online games. I'll also noobGM a game most likely. Most of you are Americans so this goes to the closer people mostly...

With the release of D&D 5ed I've been getting into it and even ordered the starter pack... A lack of nerd friends might block me from playing much... I'll try to force my friends...

So anyone interested in playing with a full blown noob in the coming future? We could use roll20 for online games. I'll also noobGM a game most likely. Most of you are Americans so this goes to the closer people mostly...

You could have saved your money and used Pathfinder, which is quite literally free. 5e, as of yet, is not a complete game and won't be for months. It doesn't seem bad, but it currently lacks a lot of content you'd enjoy having.

Tycho, did you pay money for Rome II? What is your honest opinion of it? Have you played other TW games?

It has been critically slammed as a massive car crash of a game, which is all I know about it. Some of the gameplay videos I've seen are hilarious, bordering on tragic when you consider the millions of dollars and the collective hopes of the TW community that went into it... Hashtag moderngamingsucks.

I picked it up during the Summer Steam Sale for about 20 dollars alongside some attachments to it, and I have to say I'm disappointed in it somewhat. Compared to Rome I, which I enjoyed immensely, Rome II has been a disappointment in many regards, from an extremely aggressive and terrible AI, removal of things like a family tree and characters that you would actually care about (remember when generals were valuable and you looked after your best ones? yeah, not so anymore), a pointless political intrigue sidenote in the Roman faction, and a larger map that somehow feels more cramped in some areas because a lot of terrain that you would have been able to use before in something like RTW or M2TW is hemmed off.

The battles are still fun, at least in my own opinion. I've sunk about forty hours into the game since I picked it up and enjoyed parts of it, but what they stripped out sort of removed some of the flavor of the game. All armies have to captained by generals, who are pretty much faceless and can be replaced whenever they die, no big deal. You have a limited number of armies and naval forces that you can use. The AI can be very easily gamed with money (I made all of the surviving Celtic tribes of Europe my allies by producing over twenty thousand gold a turn), and it just feels like there is so much they could have done with the game, but left behind when it came to crunch time.

You could have saved your money and used Pathfinder, which is quite literally free. 5e, as of yet, is not a complete game and won't be for months. It doesn't seem bad, but it currently lacks a lot of content you'd enjoy having.
The basic rules of D&D are also apparently free now...

And yeah I see your point for the most part, but the extra adventure and the helpful hand of a starter pack will probably help me as a player and even more as a starting GM. Also D&D5 is only beginning, so it will probably be the best for me as a starter.

But I'll look into pathfinder as well, no reason to only play one system. I once was in a single game of GURPS in some cool futuristic environment. Too bad that didn't last.

Watching Sunday morning news talk is fascinating. Somehow a bunch of people who lived through the Cold War don't remember what it was like at all.

"Are we in a Cold War?! Are tensions at Cold War highs?!" asks Candy Crowley (CNN), age 65.

"Yes," says Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) , age 81. "Yes," says Senator John McCain (R-AZ), age 77. "Yes," says Congressman Michael McCaul (R-TX), age 52.

"Are we pointing tens of thousands of nuclear weapons at one another with a hair trigger Launch On Warning status? No? Then no we're not, and no they're not. You're all idiots. Shut up," I (I-AZ), age 28, proclaim at the TV.

Then again CNN openly conjectured that seismic activity had something to do with MH370, so I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe they'll hire that guy from The History Channel. With the hair.

e:

These people have an audience of millions, Symph, but when you come here you have a viewership of three decent people, Lucky, and my roommate's cat.

Io approves, fyi.

The basic rules of D&D are also apparently free now...

And yeah I see your point for the most part, but the extra adventure and the helpful hand of a starter pack will probably help me as a player and even more as a starting GM. Also D&D5 is only beginning, so it will probably be the best for me as a starter.

But I'll look into pathfinder as well, no reason to only play one system. I once was in a single game of GURPS in some cool futuristic environment. Too bad that didn't last.

i'd play with you

These people have an audience of millions, Symph, but when you come here you have a viewership of three decent people, Lucky, and my roommate's cat.
It's fine, I just feel like venting somewhere beyond CNN's Twitter feed.

I just tried Civ 5 again considering Beyond Earth looks to be based on it. 1UPT really destroys that game, everything was designed around it and the AI can't handle it or the bottlenecks that it creates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom