Why I think ABORTION is o.k.

North King said:
Those who disagree with a woman's right to abortion might have a thought for what it might be like to be raped and forced to bear the child of a criminal.

Most people who are for the criminalization of abortion would allow certain exceptions, such as the use of the "Morning-After Pill" or abortions where the life of the Mother is in jeopardy. Of course, you probably know this and are just trying to paint us as villians by implying that we have no compassion for rape victims. It is a mighty good tactic. The idea of rape brings out strong emotions in people and you would love to aim those emotions at us. Good game.

cgannon64 said:
A fetus is much closer to being a human than a human? Wanna know why? It's actually genetically human.

Closer? Further? Not really the main question. Since I'd say a sperm is closer to being human than, say, a chair. The question is whether is it close enough. The question is whether you draw the line at the point of practicality or at the point of religious zealotry.

Elrohir said:
Keep your death opinions to yourself; I'd rather grow up a screwed up criminal than not grow up at all.

Most of the world would rather NOT have you grow up a screwed up criminal. You tell him to keep his opinions to himself, yet you don't do the same.

Hey, long time no see, nihilistic.
nihilistic said:
Closer? Further? Not really the main question. Since I'd say a sperm is closer to being human than, say, a chair. The question is whether is it close enough. The question is whether you draw the line at the point of practicality or at the point of religious zealotry.
Surely you see the problem in citing 'practicality' when the question concerns human life?

classical_hero said:
Where?????
Leviticus
27:3 And thy estimation shall be of the male from twenty years old even unto sixty years old, even thy estimation shall be fifty shekels of silver, after the shekel of the sanctuary.
27:4 And if it be a female, then thy estimation shall be thirty shekels.
27:5 And if it be from five years old even unto twenty years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male twenty shekels, and for the female ten shekels.
27:6 And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver.
27:7 And if it be from sixty years old and above; if it be a male, then thy estimation shall be fifteen shekels, and for the female ten shekels.

No estimation is palced on babies under 1 month and fetuses.

Funny - How many unborns have christians killed themselves during holy wars, crusades and bombing raids, etc...

Surely, their god would take such acts into account...????

In short - Any 'vengeful' christians should look at themsleves before judging others...

I suppose a mental illness does not entertain self-analysis, though...

Own said:
The average male produces something like 3000 sperm per day, which technically could become humans somehow, and nobody's sad about that.

They need an egg to fertilize to become a human being. They don't have all the necessary things. I've never heard of anyone who believed letting a sperm die is the same as killing someone; jacking off or even having sex would make you a mass murderer then. :crazyeye:

Most of the world would rather NOT have you grow up a screwed up criminal. You tell him to keep his opinions to himself, yet you don't do the same.

Source?

No estimation is palced on babies under 1 month and fetuses.

:lol:

You need to actually read the thing. That passage is about giving vows and how much when you say a vow like "I vow to give my son to the Lord" how much you would actually donate, as God didn't like it if you burned them like the pagans around the Israelites.

Those who disagree with a woman's right to abortion might have a thought for what it might be like to be raped and forced to bear the child of a criminal.
First, you shouldn't assume every person who is against abortion is against it even in cases of rape. While that is true in some cases (Such as mine) it is not in many others.

Second, only about 1-2% of abortions supposedly come about by rape. And I imagine a lot of those were people lying for an excuse, to avoid embarassment for getting knocked up. For you see it is nearly impossible for a women to get pregnant under extreme stress, and rape would qualify as extreme stress.

Finally, whether the child was conceived by rape or not is really irrelavent. If it is a human being, as Pro-Lifer's believe, then it should not be killed for the horrible crime of another. To murder an innocent one over the rape of another is to commit an even more horrendous crime.

But since you obviously believe in murder to counteract rape, I imagine you support executing rapists? That, at least, would make a bit more sense as the rapist actually commited a crime.

I'm all for pro choice

Bronx Warlord said:
I'm all for pro choice

Oh come on, speak it like it is: You're Pro-Death for little babies!! If you're going to hold a position, be proud of it! :goodjob: Don't make up nice sounding names, admit what your position is and yell it in the streets!

If you don't do that then you obviously don't care enough. :p Which means you're just following the crowd and a sheople.

Calling pro choice pro death is silly. You could find any opinion to be "evil" in a way. For example, diseases like AIDs, diabetes, alzheimers, etc could have cures if we had stem cells from aborted embryo's. My grandmother has alzheimers, and it's so sad. When she tried to eat a sandwich with wrapping on it, my mom took it off for her, and she didn't know whether to eat the wrapping or the sandwich. So I could call you pro miserable old people and and pro diabetes, and pro AIDs.

It makes me mad that years ago we could have gotten cures for these horrible diseases, but instead we chose to save embryos (which just looks like a piece of string, not a baby) that could be people we never met or got attached to, as supposed to people we know and are very sad they have these life threatening diseases. Everytime I see her and notice how confused she is it makes me want to strangle anti stem cell research people.
Also

tossi said:
Tt is be better to be aborted, then to be an unwanted child.
I dunno about that. My dad kinda wanted my mom to abort. He was already forty-two when I was born and thought they were too old.

Own said:
The average male produces something like 3000 sperm per day, which technically could become humans somehow, and nobody's sad about that.

I hope it is more than that, Like millions of times more.

Edit: From googling... The sperm count varies from 20 to 150 million sperm per milliliter... So not millions but close.

Top Bottom