Belgian Empire

mechaerik

Tuturuu!
Belgium

A module that adds Belgium to your game.

LHs:

Leopold II
Spoiler :

Rogier
Spoiler :

Note:
Rogier's suit is from one of Ekmek's LHs.

UU:
Brigade Piron (Infantry)
+15% City Attack bonus
Spoiler :

UB:
Usine Industrielle (Factory)
Available with Steam Power as opposed to Assembly Line.
25:hammers: cheaper
Spoiler :

Note:
Building is by asioasioasio

DOWNLOAD: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14715
VANILLA VERSION DOWNLOAD: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15029

Hecho in the People's Republic of mechaerikistan (PRm)

You might be interested in this diplotext for Leopold:

<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_LEOPOLD_1</Tag>
<English>Bonjour, [CT_NAME]! I am [OUR_NAME] of the [OUR_EMPIRE] and I'm very pleased to meet. So tell me, do you come in peace, or would you like to become my personal colony?</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_LEADER_LEOPOLD_1</Tag>
<English>Go away before I hit your head with a waffle iron!</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_NO_PEACE_LEADER_LEOPOLD_1</Tag>
<English>Sorry, [CT_NAME], but [OUR_CIV_ADJ] people are not as stupid as so many people think!</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FR_LEADER_LEOPOLD_1</Tag>
<English>Good day again, [CT_NAME]. Let us together colonize the globe - as long I take the bigger piece of the cake, of course.</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FUR_LEADER_LEOPOLD_1 </Tag>
<English>[CT_NAME], have you come to bother me again? I would much rather listen to one of those crazy humanitarians lecturing me about my so-called atrocities.</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_WEAKER_LEOPOLD_ 1</Tag>
<English>Hurry up and give me this, [CT_NAME]. My colonies are putting me into debt here!</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_EQUAL_LEOPOLD_1 </Tag>
<English>Give me this right now or I'll cut off your hands!</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>AI_DIPLO_DEMAND_TRIBUTE_POWER_STRONGER_LEOPOLD_1</Tag>
<English>Hand this over, [CT_NAME], or I'll imprison you in my rubber fields for life!</English>
</TEXT>

Good job on the civ, but... why didn't you go with the Fritkot as the UB. Belgians love their fries.

Wouldn't adding diplotext break modularity?

And the reason I went with the Usine Industrielle over the Fritkot was because a) the Fritkot is the UB in CivGold, and b) I think the UI is better, to represent how Belgium was the first (Continental) industrial power.

:goodjob:

did you thought about, making the Leopold LH i bit more tragical. i mean, this guy was searching for butterflies and became a men butcher.

That's a dangerous symbol you've choosen for the flag, mechaerik. ;)
(at least without the tricolor)

it was just a suggestion because i had the things he did in Congo (Kongogräuel: chop the hands,...) back in mind.

I mean I don't understand what you are suggesting, not why you are making a suggestion.

About the flag comment: You've used the Flemish flag instead of the Belgian one. Strange choice, as your UB comes from Wallonia.

But it can be easily changed by anyone wanting to.

Spoiler :

Belgian flag :

Flemish region flag :

Walloon region flag :

Bruxelles region flag :

I wanted to use a bicolor decal, to fit with the rest of the default civs. Since the UB is Wallon, I choose a Flemish flag. Beacuse, you know, Flanders+Wallonia=Belgium.

Any comments on the civ in general? Overpowered/underpowered UU/UB? Stuff like that?

Yes, it was made for BtS.

EDIT: For those that would prefer a Walloon flag, just take this file (WallonFlag.7z) and extract it into the belgium folder. It contains a flag, a button, and an xml file that changes the civ color from goldenrod/black to yellow/red.

Attachments

• WallonFlag.7z
    4.2 KB · Views: 241
After you download it, extract it. Since its a module, it can't be used stand-aloneingly (?), so if you want to use it by itself, go to the Mods folder of Bts and make a folder (call it whatever you want). Then open that folder and make an Assets folder inside of it.

Then inside the assets folder, make another folder called Modules. Inside that one make a folder called CustomCivilizations (no spaces). Put the Belgium folder in there.

Start up the mod. It may or may not work. If it doesn't, go to the modname folder, where Assets is. There should be a .ini file there now. Open it and search for "Modular XML Loading" or something. The line under it should be a "0". Change it to a "1".

If you didn't understand the instructions, go to the New Civilizations forum and look up any civ by Kochman. He has detailed instructions on his civs. Just make SURE that the folder the Belgium folder is in is called CustomCivilizations, if its anything else, there WILL be art errors.

Is it possible to adapt this mod so it can work on the normal version of Civ 4?
I'd love to play as my home country, but it doesn't work on my version so, can anybody help me?

PS, I have one suggestion regarding the special unit, Belgium has some really good troops named the Chasseurs Ardennais (Ch.A.). At the beginning of WWII 50 of these men (who had not received the order to retreat and sticked with the initial order of holding the village of Chabarez, were able to fight and hold successfully about 3 000 Germans off and the Belgians didn't even have a single piece of artillery, unlike the Germans.

Do you mean for vanilla, without expansions?

It's fairly easy to change the name of the unit, just change one line in the unit Text files.

Top Bottom