Ready-Made 'standard' Multi-Figure Units

Thanks!

OK. I get it. I need PSP to work the multi unit. I've been out of the loop for a few months (medical problems). Is there a way to make MUs with a different program or any other way for that matter. I have some good ideas for units and can't afford PSP? Thanks in advance.

I think you can use nearly every program, that support pcx-files

I also used "Micrografx Picture Publisher 8" at the beginning (befor PSP8), but without the color-replace-function of PSP it's a hard work

I downloaded a sample PCX editor and it seems to work....until. I save the .bmp as a 256 color pcx. I then go back to the Flickster and extract the new file and I can't get it to open.... even the program shows the M-unit design just as I design. What did I do wrong?

Yes, I believe I did. I opened the file and brought it up into the PCX editor as a BMP, set to 256 colors then saved as PCX, then went back into Flicster. It comes up as a PCX file; but I can't access it with Flicster. Make any sense? If not, later tonight I will load up some pics.

Edit: I got a trial copy of PSP 8; but saving in .pcx STILL doesn't work. Flicster don't recognize it.

I am starting to get into this. Here is the final example of a settler unit I am trying.
Here are 2 pics I saved from the PSP 8 save process. The first is the save to 256 colors and the second is the save to .PCX. Am I doing it right? Flicster is still not recognizing the .pcx save.

Attachments

• psp-.pcx save.jpg
    psp-.pcx save.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 516
Here is the first picture. The colors are weird from the page save; but are actually the right color.

Attachments

• psp-256 color.gif
    psp-256 color.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 510
SSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

im wit Fr8monkey my damn Flicster wont work. (atleast i think its Flcster thats messed) or else im doing summin really wrong

Pic of PCX: Weird colors cause now its saved as JPG. just tryed it simple and just wrote JA in top corner. but anywayz wats wrong?

Attachments

• pcx.jpg
    pcx.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 433
another pic of it in Flcster:

Attachments

• final pic.jpg
    final pic.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 412
every 3 frames it flashes like it should but look at it its wierd colors and stuff

With paintshop pro:

Open the storyboard of the single unit used to make the MUnit
Save the pallette "Colors->Save Pallette" Save as whatever, wherever
Load your new MUnit storyboard
Load that pallette "Colors->Load Pallette".
Save
Reload flicster.

See if that helps

- GIDustin

Thanx GIDustin i'll try it out.

So ur supposed 2 save it to 256 color right? Well i had a M-Unit done and was trying to find out a way to get it working but then lost it. I'm working on a new 1 but i really need help 2 c wats rong or summin of the sort

Please help.

Killer_J27

So we cannot make the C3C units into Munits and post them... but theoretically we could go and convert all of them on our own computers, so long as we did not share them.

So what program would one use to make a MUnit (speaking as one not very experienced at this whole graphical modification thing, but very appreciative of y'alls hard work)?

BTW, the one time I uninstalled and reinstalled the game without this MUnit pack, I thought it was the end of the world. The game just looks so bad without them. No one I can think of is able to play the game without them now. I hope they are standard fare in Civ4!

Thanks for all your hard work on this MUnit pack for those of us unable to do it ourselves!

>> So what program would one use to make a MUnit (speaking as one not very experienced at this whole graphical modification thing, but very appreciative of y'alls hard work)?

Steph made a very good program. If it is not in this topic, it's somewhere else on this forum.

you need 3 programs to create MF-Units

1. FLICster to work with flc-files in a Civ3-compatible way
2. StoryBoardBuilder (SBB) to create MF-units in some easy steps
3. a program like PaintShopPro (maybe 8 or 8.1)

1st and 2nd are available from my site (section "Programs" in "Civ3"), look my sig for link
you can get the 3rd as trial version from www.jasc.com (I think 30 or 60 days trial, it's enough if you only want to create the C3C-units)

if you need a full tutorial how to create such unit, look to the tutorials on my page too ;)

Top Bottom