2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

They're preparing the lynching in Chicago as we speak. The only hope is they have to decide on his option by march of next year. That should bring some clarity.

You won’t have a first round pick next year. If there are no particularly good free agents on the market, might as well keep him another year tbh.

The natives are restless. Very Restless. A season and a half more of this and our general manager won't survive. He will try to save himself.
(and many great quarterbacks were not picked in the first round) What round was Brady again?

While this is true, they are the exception, not the norm. They can try getting another QB in the second round or whatever, but I highly doubt he'll even be an upgrade from what you currently have. Meanwhile you could have used that draft capital to surround the next year's QB with more talent.

You just don't seem to realize the attitude in the city the last few days.
I might be considered a decent upgrade. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's really been depressing. There was an article in the paper today that pointed out, in detail, almost every play and the mistake he made during it.

He's a bust, no question. By bust I mean that he is the number two pick in the draft and at this point I'd say there is no way that he is the long term answer at quarterback that Chicago expected from a number two pick. He'll go somewhere and be a cheap, acceptable quality back up quarterback for a few years and quietly fade away. But he is still better than Chicago might have done when they committed to building their roster around a rookie contract quarterback. A lot of rookie contract quarterbacks are so awful that they never start a game. Admittedly, usually not when they are a number two draft pick, but still.

Yeah. imagine what we could have gotten with the 10th or 12th pick. Which we are reminded of, almost every day. I know it's hindsight, but we still hear it.

The kicker is not just that they drafted him, but that they traded up to draft him, giving 49ers a truckload of picks when they could straight up stayed put and got Watson or Mahomes.

edit: IIRC, Trubisky had a short college career, like he only started for one year, and his high draft position was based on his ceiling, not on current performance. Let that be a lesson for the future, supposing I remembered that right.

Random thought of mine: With the acquisition of Marcus Peters, the Ravens now have an elite secondary. He picked off Russell Wilson, first this season, IN Seattle. Of course it was a dumb mistake to begin with, but still. It's only been one game where he's been on the team, but moving forward it should be interesting how the secondary as a unit will perform with his help.

Random thought of mine: With the acquisition of Marcus Peters, the Ravens now have an elite secondary. He picked off Russell Wilson, first this season, IN Seattle. Of course it was a dumb mistake to begin with, but still. It's only been one game where he's been on the team, but moving forward it should be interesting how the secondary as a unit will perform with his help.

They are a much better fit for him than the Rams.

Other random inquiry: As a Seahawks fan who doesn't really pay attention to the Lions, is Quandre Diggs someone I should be excited about?

Pats trade Bennett away to the Cowboys for pennies on the dollar. Most likely just to ensure he won't go to an AFC team in free agency.

In any event, while he's almost certainly past his prime because of his age, if he can even be decent/average starter quality for a defensive lineman, then the Cowboys would certainly have a nice rotation going.

Wow. Chargerism might be infectious. The Bears found a way to lose despite all, in very Chargers fashion. I know Bears fans have already made up their minds that Trubisky is at fault for everything since the big bang so no doubt they will blame him for this too...but their offensive line play was awful. Even on plays that worked out okay it frequently looked like one or more of the linemen didn't know what the play was. Example: on a very straightforward run to the right between the guard and tackle there's just straight fire off blocking all the way across...but the right guard who is directly at the point of attack mysteriously pulls like he thinks it's a run to the left and the back is taking the handoff looking straight down the barrel of an unblocked linebacker.

Very depressing. That's probably officially the end of the Bears season.

lmao Baker pitching that ball right to the Pats' d-linemen, it probably wasn't his fault because it was a timing thing and he expected his o-linemen to not get bulldozed as if Lawrence Guy was Aaron Donald

Can you believe there were idiots like me who actually picked them to get a wild card berth this year

"Well ain't that a kick in the head?" - Deshaun Watson

For those who haven't seen it yet, Deshaun Watson gets draped on by the rush, does a spinning hand in the dirt escape and gets kicked in the head, comes up twisting his helmet back into place and throws the game winning TD despite his left eye having swollen shut pretty much instantly.

One of the more impressive plays that I've seen in a long time.

I didn't get to see any games this week other than Seahawks vs Falcons. But if the reports are true, J.J. Watt is done for the season. If so, that is bad for the Texans.

Who would have thought last year that now they would be without Clowney and Watt? Brutal.

If the Texans don't even make the playoffs (very possible) then the Dolphins absolutely won that trade, considering the value of those first round picks.

Once you get to the middle of the first round the values don't change all that much, and the Texans aren't likely to drop hard enough for Miami to wind up with a top ten type pick from them. Too many really crap teams, including Miami, for that.

Meanwhile, how 'bout that Matt Moore?

Top Bottom