2019 NFL Regular Season Thread

As someone who has gotten to watch all of it, it has been an absolute thriller.

In other, random news: while I didn’t watch Denver vs Houston, statically speaking, if this is what we can expect from Drew Lock from now on, the Broncos have found their next long term solution at quarterback.

every goddamn time I think "I'm numb it doesn't even hurt when we blow it anymore" it still hurts and then it hurts just as bad

i saw 53 seconds on the clock and knew that was too long

if I drank this team would have me passed out

Yeah, they had the luxury of using a timeout until the clock ran out when they probably wouldn’t have even had to do that. Not to mention they had to waste a timeout on fourth down for not being lined up in time before the delay of game. So all things considered, 53 seconds on the clock definitely gave them plenty of time.

Seattle @ L.A. Rams, Rams by 1 Seattle outright (really?)

1) Seahawks barely won IN Seattle
2) McVay is actually willing to use Gurley now (as he should have all along) which makes their offense on 2018 levels.
3) They've added Ramsey. 'Nough said.

Notice I picked the Rams to cover. Obviously, as a Seahawks fan, I hope I'm wrong, but logically I think it's the right choice.

edit: Also, Clowney is playing through an injury, which almost guarantees he won't be at 100%.

Yep. Even I wouldn’t have expected the PeePee PooPoo man to be THIS harsh though. :(

Last edited:
NFL football is weird and confusing. Seattle is a better team the LA but division games and primetime is a recipe for oddball scores. Then again Seattle has been coasting on a point differential of a team that should be barely above .500 so maybe they're not actually good?

I have to admit that Williams did the right thing with that flagrant facemask on Kittle, because it was 100% a Touchdown otherwise.

It was 100% wrong. He should have pushed Kittle out of bounds when he first got there.

every goddamn time I think "I'm numb it doesn't even hurt when we blow it anymore" it still hurts and then it hurts just as bad

i saw 53 seconds on the clock and knew that was too long

At least the Saints didn't call the "Prevent ourselves from winning" defense.

I think we do have the say that Niners are not a fluke after going 2-1 against their Murderer's Row.

Last edited:
FOX NFL Sunday switched to the out-of-market game because the first one ended early... and guess what?? ITS THE 49ERS GAME!!!:D :dance: :banana:

So at least I'll get to watch some of it... I was listening to it on Sirius which isn't nearly as fun.

The Tucson NFL schedule usually sucks toads. Today we got Niners/Saints AND Nevermores/Bills. The latter was surprising since we often get Denver games.

Since we also got the Cardinals game, it was amusing to note it was all but a home game for the Steelers.

NFL football is weird and confusing. Seattle is a better team the LA but division games and primetime is a recipe for oddball scores. Then again Seattle has been coasting on a point differential of a team that should be barely above .500 so maybe they're not actually good?

Given the Rams lost the first game due to a missed field goal at the end, it's not that shocking they won.

It was 100% wrong. He should have pushed Kittle out of bounds when he first got there.
Well he should have tackled him immediately but he did the best with what the football gods gave him. Asking a D-back to push a tight end anywhere is a big ask considering that an NFL tight end is essentially a lineman and most D-backs top out under 200 lbs.

It was a great day of football watching. Since the Bears played on Thursday, I just set the TV to Redzone. With all the scoring in the 49er's game it seemed like I watched the whole game. :lol:

Given the Rams lost the first game due to a missed field goal at the end, it's not that shocking they won.

Not only this, but the Rams are a much better team this time around than last time we played them, for the reasons I already listed. Not to mention home-field advantage. The Rams, as they're playing now, are poised for a team playoff run (yes they could win out), or even reach the Super Bowl again.

Not only this, but the Rams are a much better team this time around than last time we played them, for the reasons I already listed. Not to mention home-field advantage. The Rams, as they're playing now, are poised for a team playoff run (yes they could win out), or even reach the Super Bowl again.
They should win the Cowboys and Cardinals games easily. I can't believe the Cowboys are still favored against them. But the 49ers game is going to be the close one I'd wager.

Idk... winning turnovers is critical to winning games (a big part of why Pete Carroll has been successful in Seattle is he emphasizes this), and punting on fourth down guarantees that you won’t get a turnover.

On the contrary, all punts are guaranteed turnovers. Like throwing an interception ~40 yards downfield.

The proper analysis weights success of conversion against expected yards lost on failure. But remember, in this context a 4th down conversion is like the other team turning the ball over if you successfully convert, too.

They should win the Cowboys and Cardinals games easily. I can't believe the Cowboys are still favored against them.

The only explanation I can think of that comes close to making sense is that Vegas has no confidence in the Rams on the road. But then you consider the Cowboys have gotten stomped by two teams that are constructed to win 17-10...

Top Bottom