2020 US Election (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...and the demonstration continues. Thanks. Feel free to keep going, but my point has already been made...twice over.
It's called humor, it was deliberate and clearly over your head.

You take all this banter entirely too seriously. :/

Anyway on topic, even if someone is delusional enuf to think Biden scored a sick burn rather than making a fool of himself aren't we supposed to be holding our elected officials to a higher standard of edicate on did that go out the window w Trump?

I king of like that he took on the troll but how he did it was kind of trump like and that is a tad disturbing, but I probably would have cheered if I had been there.

https://images.app.goo.gl/XCwtm2bXqWeVpTEaA

Hes talking about guys like Biden. Biden's more likely to cut social security than Trump. Biden will do little to nothing for those marginalized by Trump. People's hate for Trump will do more to stymie negative policies than putting Biden or a corporate tool like Bootyjudge into the office. Elect Biden, a guy nominally on your side, so you can go back to ignoring the corrupt horsehocky people like him do. That's what got us Trump in the first place.

Pretending Hunter Biden is just a right wing trolling point is just so wrong. That guy Biden was arguing with is a Warren donor, not a right wing troll. Hunter benefitting from his father's name is extremely problematic, legal or not. It's the rot in the system.

Thank you for using the correct term. This is what we called it growing up but in my older years I've found that people didn't seem to know what it was unless I referred to it as "playing the dozens"

Old school ain't always a bad school my brother.

Partly this. Partly, there has to be some agreed "reserved trigger" to let someone know that you really do want to fight.
That's exactly how it worked BTW, at least where I'm from... two guys would be ranking each other, getting laughs and "oooh"s from the attendees egging them on... then one participant would get a little too upset about something the other guy/girl said and come back with "your mama", and a resounding chorus of "Ooooooh!!!"s would follow, immediately followed by one guy going after the other, or meekly saying something like "damn yo why you gotta bring my mama into it?"

Once someone said "your mama" the ranking contest was over and everyone understood that you had to either throw a punch, or basically back down.

Pretending Hunter Biden is just a right wing trolling point is just so wrong.
It is a Republican talking point. The fact that it is not just a "right wing trolling point" does not change that. And that guy was clearly trolling Biden with the accusation. That was his intention and Biden confronted him on it. In the name of "civility", Democrats have largely been backing down to these trolling tactics during the entire Trump administration. It was nice to see someone fight fire with fire for a change.

"You got my attention... Fight Fire with Fire"

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a Republican talking point. The fact that it is not just a "right wing trolling point" does not change that. And that guy was clearly trolling Biden with the accusation. That was his intention and Biden confronted him on it. In the name of "civility", Democrats have largely been backing down to these trolling tactics during the entire Trump administration. It was nice to see someone fight fire with fire for a change.

"You got my attention... Fight Fire with Fire"
Republicans saying something doesn't make it untrue. I get that they lie enough that it's easy to dismiss everything they say but nobody could possibly say hunter was hired on merit there.

Republicans saying something doesn't make it untrue. I get that they lie enough that it's easy to dismiss everything they say but nobody could possibly say hunter was hired on merit there.

It isn't the lying that's the issue, it's the manufacturing of a talking point. At that level NO ONE is hired on merit. Hunter Biden might get hired because he is a graduate of Yale law, and that gives whoever hired him an in with a huge chunk of the judiciary. That's not merit, and it isn't a Republican talking point when it is happening for hundreds of Yale law grads every day. By the way, it happens much the same, though at a somewhat lower pay grade, for graduates of Rutgers law. It's just a fact of life.

Not everyone is so stupid as to rely on a Cooley grad.

But that's just falling for the Republican's little game of misdirection to take the focus off Trump where it belongs. Hunter Biden isn't in the White House.

I'd be willing to admit that being His son played into the decision but just part of all the qualifications.
I mean, do you think they'd hire Eric, just because He's Trump's son?

I'd be willing to admit that being His son played into the decision but just part of all the qualifications.
I mean, do you think they'd hire Eric, just because He's Trump's son?

Well, yeah. I'd do that before I hired Hunter Biden. There's no indication that hiring Hunter is gonna get me any particular juice with Joe Biden, but there's no question about the corruption that hiring Eric would access.

Biden says he will only serve for one term if elected president, which means we would get no incumbent advantage in 2024, and means Republicans would have literally 0 reason to pass anything. It's just asking to be stonewalled even harder. Just unambiguously bad from an unambiguously horrific person. lmao. Trump is just going to be pres for life.

Biden says he will only serve for one term if elected president, which means we would get no incumbent advantage in 2024, and means Republicans would have literally 0 reason to pass anything. It's just asking to be stonewalled even harder. Just unambiguously bad from an unambiguously horrific person. lmao. Trump is just going to be pres for life.

Stonewalled is stonewalled, "even harder" does not apply. Unless you produce an overwhelming Dem majority in congress you will never undo even the first layer of damage the GOP has done. Unless you produce it and sustain it for several terms you will not dig far enough into the damage to make a notable difference.

Stonewalled is stonewalled, "even harder" does not apply. Unless you produce an overwhelming Dem majority in congress you will never undo even the first layer of damage the GOP has done. Unless you produce it and sustain it for several terms you will not dig far enough into the damage to make a notable difference.

This you need to win the Senate as well.

GoP removed the 60 votes so 51 is enough in the Senate.

It's going to take decades to repair the damage done to the Judicial branch.

It's going to take decades to repair the damage done to the Judicial branch.

That's okay, they'll probably never be able to repair the damage to regulatory agencies, and they will almost certainly never even slow down the catastrophic wealth concentration set in motion by Reagan, let alone undo the damage already done.

That's okay, they'll probably never be able to repair the damage to regulatory agencies, and they will almost certainly never even slow down the catastrophic wealth concentration set in motion by Reagan, let alone undo the damage already done.

Thing were bad in the 20s, by late 40's it was the best it's ever been.

You can't duplicate that though at least in any way a liberal would support.

Thing were bad in the 20s, by late 40's it was the best it's ever been.

You can't duplicate that though at least in any way a liberal would support.

I dunno man. The baby boomers went from peace love and understanding and protesting the Viet Nam debacle to being the "me generation" of wealth flaunters pretty handily. It is possible that current liberals could be sold on a world war for economic gain, if it were packaged properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom