2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is coming hours after the leaked Melania tapes where she admits she hates the White House and ******* Christmas, after the tax scandal, after the debate... and that is just one week. whoaaaaa

Confirmed...Hicks was tested and diagnosed early Thursday morning...Trump went to fund raiser KNOWING that he was potentially infected...White House press secretary who had multiple exposures to Hop Hicks held press conference today WITHOUT MASK basically intentionally risking exposing the white house press corps.

The fun never stops!

I hope they all met with Stephen Miller for a couple hours everyday this week.

Are you saying a cop can defend them self from attackers but we cant?
Where do I mention cops?

I am saying what I am posting.
What was the point I avoided?
You avoid the entire post. You start talking about cops. Can you not read?

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/spettypi/status/1311848432882118662

Trump links Hope getting COVID to being around service members: “It is very, very hard when you are with people from the military, and they come over to you and they want to hug you and kiss you because we really have done a good job for them. You get close, and things happen.”

I love how Trump just makes up stuff about the military being super touchy-feely when he basically has the lowest armed services approval of any GOP President in a long while. The only thing better is the stories where people are crying while talking to him.

It basically sounds like an admission of STD transmission.

Reactions: V55
I hope they all met with Stephen Miller for a couple hours everyday this week.

Stephen Miller and Hope Hicks were on the trip to Minnesota on Wednesday...on the helicopter and on air force one...and on that trip is apparently when Hicks became noticeably symptomatic. No masks were worn.

Now you call it not only an echo chamber, but it's supposedly my echo chamber. Leaving aside the absurdity that it is somehow mine, we are still left with the question: if you believe it is an echo chamber, and you don't like echo chambers, why can't we get you to just leave?

You dont own the echo chamber, you're in it. If you're on the team, it's your team. Straw men are absurd by design. I explained why, the emperor has no clothes. Echo chambers are toxic and need to be resisted, not run from.

There are lots of people here who disagree with me about lots of things, but the one thing I can always count on to produce wide, echo chamber like agreement with is punching you. Do you have some emotional need for abuse?

You said it aint about the likes, now it is. Your hypocrisy motivates me.

See, here's the thing. No one believes you. Or cares.

Dont matter to me, when I've disagreed with Republicans on issues they care about they called me a Democrat or liberal or lolbertarian. I guess "Us & Them" is just human nature. I'm still waiting for you to find a few grains of sand. Where have I defended the GOP "always"?

I haven't voted at all in a couple decades. That doesn't mean I have not supported campaigns. You are a constant campaigner for Trump. So honestly, which of course is a word that doesn't apply to you, your unverifiable voting record makes no difference. Based on your posting, which is all we have to go on, you are a pure unadulterated Trumpist.

The Biden supporters here tell me I have a moral obligation to support the lesser evil, it aint Biden. I'll be voting for Jo Jorgensen. If the Democrats didn't spend years calling Trump a traitor based on their Steele Dossier I might have a more favorable opinion of them. If they hadn't lied to a fisa court to spy on Trump I might even think they deserve the WH, except for the fact they nominated 3 warmongers in a row. How can people condemn Bush's invasion of Iraq and tell us to vote for Biden?

I'm a felon and just got my voting rights restored.

Did you rob people and tell us that proves you can be trusted with other people's money?

That part is what's lacking and it means that you can claim self-defense for shooting someone because of a fight you started (not saying that's what happened in this case but imo it certainly applies to Zimmerman and Martin's altercation).

Iirc Zimmerman was actively looking for Trayvon, so in that sense he did start the fight.

Zimmerman was walking back to his truck and Martin came out of hiding to attack him.

Zimmerman was pursuing Martin... again, your words... And he was doing so because he was a racist and/or making the racist assumption that Martin was a dangerous criminal because Martin was black. The whole confrontation between Zimmerman and Martin that culminated in Martin's death was caused by Zimmerman's racism.

“Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. I’m black, OK?” the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash.

“There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood. That’s why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.”

So a Peruvian Jew with African roots from a multi-racial family was racist.

Steve Scully will be the debate moderator for the 2nd debate.

He interned for Joe Biden in 1978. :lol:

I like him, always impressed by how CSPAN hosts keep their cool with people calling in with their bile

Zimmerman wanted to use a gun against another person no doubt, and almost certainly a black person. I've met too many scum like him. The idea of being forced into violence by an attacker is an obsession or even fantasy to them. Add racist paranoia and a dash of fake authority and you'll have a dead innocent black kid in no time.

So he waited until he was on his back being pummeled before pulling his gun...sure, makes sense

Where do I mention cops?

I am saying what I am posting.

You avoid the entire post. You start talking about cops. Can you not read?

They weren't shot attacking a cop.

Your point was Kyle shouldn't have been there... Somebody should have been there. Criminals were destroying people's property, that creates Kyle's moral authority to be there.

Your point was Kyle shouldn't have been there... Somebody should have been there. Criminals were destroying people's property, that creates Kyle's moral authority to be there.
Kyle shouldn't have been there. If he hadn't people wouldn't have died.

Somebody should have been there. Yeah, not a teenager with a gun.

Kyle's moral authority? Are you insane? Are you advocating teenagers with semiautomatic rifles to go around practicing vigilante justice?

And "They weren't shot attacking a cop." was as a response of you bringing cops into it, you .... person.

I have a game for you. It's called: Find The Cop In This Post
When your solution to problems are guns, innocent people are going to die.
When you add a president that encourages confrontation, more people are going to die.

Kyle placed himself in the position where he was, because he had a gun. Without it, he wouldn't have been there. Kyle placed himself in that position because he idolizes Trump. If Trump's rhetoric had been less moronic, he wouldn't have been there.

Last edited:
So what happens to the election if Trump dies or is incapacitated?
I know there is a list of people who take over as president, what happens in an election?
Is his name still on the ballot, what if he wins?
Does his vice president candidate get it?
What if they both are incapacitated?
Might he be on some state ballots and not others?
I know this is very morbid but, I haven't been particularly interested in this election before this.

I dislike the man but wouldn't wish this on anyone.

A bit of googling suggests that the respective political parties would decide on a new candidate using their own internal rules, and then submit that to respective states to change the ballot.

A bit of googling suggests that the respective political parties would decide on a new candidate using their own internal rules, and then submit that to respective states to change the ballot.

This sounds very unpractical; how can you present a new candidate a few days before the election?
And least the vp is known.

They would presumably pick someone with a high profile.

Like Henry Kissinger? :mischief:

At least Pence is part of the ticket and of the administration. No one would have voted for a new candidate in a primary. Though Biden can very well lose to anyone, and I doubt the next republican candidate will have any similarity to Trump.

Moreover, haven't some people already voted? (by mail)

Anyone think he is faking it? 'Cos:
  • He gets out of the town hall event, which could have been really bad optics of him screaming at undecided voters
  • He gets to "recover" quickly, showing that:
    • He is a "hard man"
    • The covid is just a "little flu"
  • Gets a bit of sympathy(?)
  • Gives him reason to talk about the health system "from experience"

I think it’s too late for that. I remember when Paul Wellstone’s plane crashed; the DFL picked Mondale to run in his place but I believe it was too late to change the ballots.

Anyone think he is faking it? 'Cos:
  • He gets out of the town hall event, which could have been really bad optics of him screaming at undecided voters
  • He gets to "recover" quickly, showing that:
    • He is a "hard man"
    • The covid is just a "little flu"
  • Gets a bit of sympathy(?)
  • Gives him reason to talk about the health system "from experience"

It could be. Though in this way he is helping Biden, who is no orator either.
That said, it's Trump, he clearly doesn't think long-term. Any available positive can gain his full attention, at the expense of negatives which may well outweigh it.

This sounds very unpractical; how can you present a new candidate a few days before the election?
And least the vp is known.
Thats true - there would be no clear alternative to Trump other than Pence.

If it were Biden though it would be a problem - who gets the presidential ticket, Harris isn't the automatic candidate, would it be Sanders who was runner up or some compromise like Pelosi?

I agree that it is already very late - people are already voting by mail i imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom