A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about quickfix for 1.74h? seems there is some of us who cant advance in our games cause of this...seems like its fixed in new betas, could we get it for 1.74h aswell?

How about quickfix for 1.74h? seems there is some of us who cant advance in our games cause of this...seems like its fixed in new betas, could we get it for 1.74h aswell?

Not happening, I'm afraid. I explained here:

I know of the issue. I even know what the problem is, and how I caused it (and the exact code...). It's fixed in 1.75 Beta's. I simply lack the setup to make any more 1.74 patches, or I would release a new one to fix it.

I recommend most serious players move to beta2. It's very close to a real release, very stable, and a very mature version.

Patches are tricky to make, and require a very special setup. I have to trash the setup every time I begin development for the next version, which is why there is usually a 1 month delay before the initial release of one version, and the beta of the next.

I am currently playing AND 1.75h. Here are some of my thoughts.

1. I noticed that cottages required certain techs to grow. Even though I feel this is more realistic, I still didn't like the fact I cannot develop them into towns until pretty late in game. But I will live with it. Can this feature be toggle on and off?

2. There is a new option called "advanced economy". Is there anywhere in the forum where I find out exactly what it does? I'm in my game into around 600BC, but I still don't see what impact that option has on the game.

3. Now all the "war chief" units have hidden nationality. Can I ask why that change was made? what was the logic behind it? It seems odd to make such a change.

4. Maybe someone mentioned this already, but sometimes I will get a -1 diplomatic penalty with some AI's for "close borders" even though they are very far away.

As always, Afforess did a great job with the mod. Thank you, and all those who contributed!

I play with AND 1.75 Beta2

I have 4GB RAM an use the 3 GB Switch, i have no Problems with RoM 2.92 and AND 1.74H.

But now the Game are freeze, very slow an then CTD or the Computer freeze with a black screen(only a reset help).

Have anyone a Idea or the same Problem?

Another Porblem, i play on German and the Revolution Infoscreen is false. The red Head at the Right give this information. (See Screenshot)

Thanks for the great Game...will for Civ 5 come another Mod?

Attachments

• Bug.JPG
    Bug.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 78
I play with AND 1.75 Beta2

I have 4GB RAM an use the 3 GB Switch, i have no Problems with RoM 2.92 and AND 1.74H.

But now the Game are freeze, very slow an then CTD or the Computer freeze with a black screen(only a reset help).

Have anyone a Idea or the same Problem?

Another Porblem, i play on German and the Revolution Infoscreen is false. The red Head at the Right give this information. (See Screenshot)

Thanks for the great Game...will for Civ 5 come another Mod?

Best response time to beta bug reporting is in its own thread.

Otherwise, be sure to explain better your ctd situation when you get to beta thread.

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or not but I was able to download and install AND just fine but when I try to access the game it crashes while loading up. All I get is the windows pop up that states BTS has stopped working and that it was caused by a "problem." I've deleated and redownloaded AND and I've renamed my RoM folder.

I don't know if this qualifies as a bug or not but I was able to download and install AND just fine but when I try to access the game it crashes while loading up. All I get is the windows pop up that states BTS has stopped working and that it was caused by a "problem." I've deleated and redownloaded AND and I've renamed my RoM folder.

You are trying to install AND 1.74H without RoM 2.92? If yes, then you should install 2.92 first, then 1.74, then Patch H.

Only in 1.75 (now in beta, see the stickied beta thread) will you just install to Mods folder and play it as a standalone modpack.

In my current AND game (my first btw and am very exited about this ModMod so far :)) I turned on Choose Religion and Limited Religion in the game setup, though not on the BUG option screen (maybe this matters).
Then in the game I rushed Priesthood to found my own religion. When I finished the tech, as expected I could choose a religion taking Naghulism. However, after that I suddenly got word that I also founded Zoro-something. You know, the Persian religion. So just founded simultaneously two religion

This obviously should not be possible.

Any clues? :confused:

As of 1.74H, the Dynamic civ names has messed up the name for Kingdoms of cities. As in, where a nation would be called "Spanish Kingdom of Madrid" it's being called "Kingdom Spanish of Madrid" and "Caliphate Arabian of Mecca" rather than Arabian Caliphate

For a quick-fix, what file do I need to edit to fix this myself?

Only in 1.75 (now in beta, see the stickied beta thread) will you just install to Mods folder and play it as a standalone modpack.

I am talking about 1.75 beta, sorry for not making that clear earlier. I even deleted the RoM from my Mods folder completely and tried to reload 1.75 beta again. Still the same problem. I can load up BTS but after I select A New Dawn the game crashes while attempting to load up.

Playing 1.74h. I'm building a few universities in cities with schools for scribes (having gotten education), but can't in others that lack them. And the option to build the schools for scribes is no longer there, so I appear to be out of luck. I suspect the academy may have been accidentally left out of the university prerequisites, since it replaces the school, if I recall correctly. (Just checked, and the Sevopedia lists the elder council, school for scribes, and academy, in that order.) So my largest city has an academy, and that's not good enough to build a university.

On the other hand, if this is a case of 8 libraries required for each university, does this mean I must have 48(?) cities to scrape together enough universities to build Oxford University? If so, is there a file where this can be edited?

Hi. I encountered a CTD error today.
I end my turn and when it's my turn again it crashes, and I have no Idea what causes the game to crash. I really want to continue to play but I can't.

If someone can identify the problem and suggest a workaround I would very much appreciate it. Thanks. This mod is awesome by the way.

Here's the Log File. (It says Windows 2003, but that's not right. I use XP x64 Pro.)

Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} Sports ANM {Better RoM} {Civic Diplomacy} {Building Upgrades}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Win2003

Attachments

• JB BC-0515.CivBeyondSwordSave
    876.3 KB · Views: 56
play 175 beta1.
an 18 population city had the event smallpox and reduced pop.with one.
My university was shut down and never came to service again, also not while the pop.was growing.
I could not built it again.

When i opened the worldbuilder and gave my city the university back,everthing seems o.k.
with the mouse over the university in the city screen, it tells 9 libraries were needed for a university( on a standard map)

I got my 1.75 beta working. Basically I can't select formations, custom UI, or blue marble.

I noticed that in the AND mod, when I switched to slavery, I can't sacrifice my population even with the right amount of people

I noticed that in the AND mod, when I switched to slavery, I can't sacrifice my population even with the right amount of people

Actually, I think that was removed a few versions ago. AI kept crippling itself.

Hi, I upgraded to 1.74h and tried to create a map with "Full of Resources" map script, but it doesn't seem to recognize RoM anymore and civ4 freezes when the custom game is "finishing".
It worked fine in AND 1.74.
Is anyone else having trouble with this or am I missing something?
Does it work with the new beta versions? Should I upgrade to a beta?

Was sacrificing populations during Slavery disabled because the AI was terrible to us or to themselves?

Why are people posting Beta questions here? I thought there was a thread for that. :crazyeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom