1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Chieftain

Are flood plains supposed to be this unhealthy? My first city can't grow beyond population size 1? How is it worthwhile to have a riverside city anymore if it is that unhealthy? Or am I missing something? :)

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Yes. Flood Plains give +2 food, -1 health (for a net total of 1 food, unless you have a super healthy city, in which case, 2 food). You should still be able to grow very quickly on flood plains.

3. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

Hello, Afforess

Playing last version of AND 1.75 along with A new Flavour mod ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=378141 ) . No other modmods, - was clean install AND then i just copied A new flavour to AND directory. It is minor modmod only changing art and adding some additional units.

[edit] This modmod was designed for AND specifically and i played several games different betas 1.75 and main release - not having single crash so i dont think crash is related to modmod ...

When installing i chose formations and blue marble if that matters.

Game crashes to desktop constantly on same turn. I tried to run from several previous saves (up to 8 turns before crash), it doesn't matter it still crashes on that turn.

Including pythonerr file and savegame

Hoping that will help you in tracing bug:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:, and also if you would be able to locate error and remove it and post savegame without error you would be my hero

p.s. ops - posted wrong savegame, but anyhow - this one is just one turn away from crash - just make 2 turns - after 440 game crashes :(

4. code32

code32 Chieftain

played in Rise of Mankind - New Dawn version 1.75 in multiplayer by direct IP connection. All was perfect. But when wants to continue next time - game was crushed after loading... Crashed game only on client PC - not server.
    Plese help. Mod is realy good and very wants play with friends by net :)
    There is screenshot after crushing on client PC... and file with log...

Attached Files:

5. AndarielHalo

AndarielHalo Chieftain

Is it impossible for me to add custom stuff to the game, like civs and leaderheads? I added them, and I was FLOODED with failure popups before the gameload, involving Failures involving unedited XML's involving formations, civics, religions, everything.

6. ahmedhadzi

ahmedhadzi Relocation Consultant

Version 1.75 when I start the game all of the nations are Empires and there is no Dynamic Civ Name listed at the start of the game in selected fetures. Is this feature removed at the last second?

7. FromHesse

FromHesse Chieftain

just downloaded the final version 1.75 installer.
    installed in bts/mods folder and started directly from bts.
    The problem i have: The civilizations have only their normal specific units - not these from RoM 2.92 or even 2.8/2.9
    For example America has only Navy Seal.
    Also in civilopedia in the beginning there are around 20 units with no description.
    I looked in xml file for civilization info - only bts-special units are inserted.

8. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

Regarding my last post - i was able to somehow bypass crash after i loaded old game and replayed, now 80 turns ahead another reproduceable crash - posting it as well.

p.s. btw, what's the deal with limit of 2mb for attaching savegame files?

9. Sinapus

Sinapus Defenestrated

I noticed the Lighthouse is back to granting +1 :food: per sea tile, but the Viking Trading Post that replaces it is still granting +1 :commerce: per sea tile. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not.

10. Ophincar

Ophincar Chieftain

There is no earth map with preset civilizations.

Is there a way to get one?

11. dcatcher

dcatcher Chieftain

The resource display panel at the left side can get skewed if loading a save without a complete restart of the game.

It restores when loading the same save after a refresh run of the game.

12. Carwyn

Carwyn Chieftain

I just downloaded the standalone installer, removed RoM and installed... the game runs, but I have no interface and can't access BUG. I'm pretty sure I read about such problems months ago, but I'm hoping someone will give me the fix. :)

BTW, I had to download it three times to get a download that installed without giving me errors.

13. The Exile

The Exile Tiesto Fan

I can attest to this, too. Here's three saves, and I'm not sure how the logging system works any more, now that AND has become standalone. Anyway, I noticed something when I tried playing two seperate games: that first religion that you're forced into seemingly locks onto the leader's preferred religion, and here are two saves to show you that. And the third one will show you what happens when I try for a second religion tech, defying the Limited Religions rule.

If you need a specific log from somewhere, let me know. Might want to mention where I can find it, too, just in case I'm looking in the wrong place.

Attached Files:

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Feedback: 2850 BC 4 cities on an Archipelago world. No AI contact yet. Can not keep research above 20%, no gold to be had. Only after missing out on building a Wonder did I get enough Gold to get research back to 60%. But that will only last as long as the Gold I got back from the hammers used on the failed Wonder lasts. Limited Resources hurts the early game.

Because of early Gold woes I'm almost dead last in the tech race. At this rate Bronze Working will be achieved around 1000BC, if I catch a break.

Noble level, 7 AI, No Rev, No Vassals, No Barb Civ or World, No Tech Diffusion. Multiple Religions on. No Early Buildings, No Civic Buildings. Basically plain Jane AND.

JosEPh

15. Talin2009

Talin2009 Chieftain

Game became harder on start, so it more heavily depends on starting location and map type, nonetheless if you use few tricks it's still possible to go ahead first. I usually research hunting, stone tools, ritualism first - for javeleeners and elder councils, then go for animal husbandry (apiary). And mining for Gold, gems etc. resources - those help alot with gold problem at start.

Playing third game now 1.75 non beta, first was immortal, 2 last deity difficulty, giant map size. time is around 1800BC, researched monarchy, bronze and iron working and i'm third score wise, with leaders 5-10% ahead.

p.s. ofc game is totally different on archipelago map without many resources and contacts with other civs. this particular map is very randomish regarding start location. overall i think it's impossible to balance game for every map type out there.

16. Cr0wz

Cr0wz Chieftain

Can't place goodie huts in the editor cuz the icon for them isn't there.

I think I liked the older installer where it installed each individual element over default ROM. I cant add any other mini mods to this like Vintcentz's Warlords and Holy War and such.

17. Vokac

Vokac Chieftain

Ok, started a new game, this time with only choose religions on.

Playing as Alexander, running the Americans.

Got cermonial burial and got Hellenistic again, second one I got to choose, third, forth and fifth religions, were chosen for me.

I find it interesting that I was able to choose the second one, but no other ones.

18. Skeeve_Sunshine

Skeeve_Sunshine Chieftain

I have a problem with BUG Settings.

They were fine when we created MP game. And played for a while. But then after loading the game i see only limited options of them (it was fine in beta3):-> See attachment.

Any ideas ?

Attached Files:

19. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Upload your pythonErr.log ;)

20. Skeeve_Sunshine

Skeeve_Sunshine Chieftain

err and err2 logs are empty ?

Here is debug log.

Edit :

On the other network player, ( who has the same limited options), the err2 log is <> 0 , see attachment.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.