A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guards units are kinda crippling the AI. They maintain these units (strenght 8 or 13) until very late in the game. They need an upgrade path.

maybe a unit that (for a large expense) could seed resources like corn rice wheat potatoes cow pig sheep bananas, basically any resource requiring farm plantation or pasture, these units wouldn't be cheap, and the mission would be expensive but it could allow more resources, especially for those of us with rev on it would be useful, also it could mimic spread of resources like potatoes or corn, outlines below

The unit would be expensive to build lots of hammers
The Mission would be expensive
the unit may or may not be consumed in the process
You must have access to the resource, acquiring it through trade is acceptable

Resources usable
Corn, Rice, Wheat, Potatoes (all farm resources)
Cow, Pig, Sheep, Horse (all pasture resources)
Bananas, Dye, Spice (all plantation resources)

so it would be VERY GOOD, but VERY EXPENSIVE
seems balanced to me, just an Idea to throw out there

also factoring things like latitude and the tile (plains, grassland, that kind of stuff) could modify the cost so below x latitude and above y latitude it would be more expensive and modified by things like tile so trying to plant bananas on plains would be more expensive then on grassland

Strange thing happened to me: Hittite +14 relationship, all of a sudden I got info that my forces are under attack by Hittite.... He destroyed two of my galleons (by xebecs) without declaring war. Very strange......

Strange thing happened to me: Hittite +14 relationship, all of a sudden I got info that my forces are under attack by Hittite.... He destroyed two of my galleons (by xebecs) without declaring war. Very strange......

Screenshots? Saves?

Having an issue with a cvgamecoredll.dll crash. Civ4 is only using up 742 MB of RAM. I have tried shutting down other programs like Firefox (which was using 200 MB at the time) but no change in crash. Crash is consistent.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.20 GHz | 4.00 GB (3.25 GB usable) | Geforce 8600 GT | Windows XP Black Edition SP3 with 3GB switch.

Graphic Settings:
screen resolution: 1280x1024
AA: 0x
graphics: low
render: low
globe: low
movie: low
single unit: unchecked
show health bar: unchecked
detailed city: checked
no combat zoom: checked
no enemy glow: unchecked
animations frozen: unchecked
effects disabled: checked
globe view buildings disabled: checked
full screen: unchecked
low res textures: checked
high res textures: unchecked
no movies: checked
show city radius: checked

Custom Game Settings:
besides defaults - Rising Seas, Revolution Mod, and Unlimited Wonders

RoM 2.81, AND 2.53: AD-1385, game crashes with cvgamdecoredll.dll error after ending turn.

AND 2.54: Crashes during load.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    368.2 KB · Views: 59
RoM 2.81, AND 2.53: AD-1385, game crashes with cvgamdecoredll.dll error after ending turn.

AND 2.54: Crashes during load.

You do know that the AND 1.54 patch was not save game compatible right? That's why it crashed then. As for 1.53, it had some crashing issues that I fixed in 1.54.

My first Crash To Desktop with no warning! :crazyeye: Luckily I have my Civ4 ini setup to save after every turn.

CTD: 2024 BC, unrepeatable, no idea what I was doing. Low pri.

A New Dawn log:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-2024.CivBeyondSwordSave
    84 KB · Views: 61
Another crash....I think I might go back to 1.53.... I was simply chatting with Willem when RoM got jealous at AND and then got mad at me.

A New Dawn log:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0890.CivBeyondSwordSave
    101.2 KB · Views: 59
Not funny.

Now, im considering starting a new game with 1.54. How likely is it that i can complete the game, after being forced to abandon my last 3 games or my last 6 weeks of playing ? Quite frankly, im wondering if Afforess, are you actually testing your builds before releasing them to the public ?

Something mentioned in this thread about the unique graphics for particular civs not showing. I noticed it last Saturday when I reinstalled RoM and AND to run some tests, but didn't really think too much about it til the next day. Thought I'd throw it onto this thread to see if anyone else has noticed it.

My AND log is:
Spoiler :
{Required Files} {Beautification Project} {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Multiple Production Mod} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Fixed Borders} {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics}

The thread also mentioned something about combining the MLF from RoM with the one AND uses.

Edit: Just looking at the two files makes me go "Hmm.." The one in the Modules directory after installing AND is only 5kb in size while the one I have for the RoM Mega 2.81 is 11kb.

Oh and AncientSion? There's a Beta thread that is used to find bugs. Some don't get caught, though.

Not funny.

Now, im considering starting a new game with 1.54. How likely is it that i can complete the game, after being forced to abandon my last 3 games or my last 6 weeks of playing ? Quite frankly, im wondering if Afforess, are you actually testing your builds before releasing them to the public ?

Quite frankly, I wonder if you had read though the forums carefully and give Afforess the benefit of doubt? Afforess is firstly an amateur programmer who loves his hobby and secondly a conscientious debugger.

My advice is to give him benefit of doubt and move forward instead of looking backward to his mistakes.

Now if you were to accuse an professional programmer, I would agree but not here :).

Oh and AncientSion? There's a Beta thread that is used to find bugs. Some don't get caught, though.

So what ? How many people are testing it ?
It doesnt really matter, because of the 4 versions of AND i have played, i was not able to finish a game on any of them. I wouldnt say the time was wasted, but it is in particulare unsatisfying to be forced to end your game time after time again. Quite a few people are posting about their cts here, so, dont blame me, but the supposed beta-testers suck donkeyballs.

Quite frankly, I wonder if you had read though the forums carefully and give Afforess the benefit of doubt? Afforess is firstly an amateur programmer who loves his hobby and secondly a conscientious debugger.

My advice is to give him benefit of doubt and move forward instead of looking backward to his mistakes.

Now if you were to accuse an professional programmer, I would agree but not here :).

I have no doubt about his intentions. However, one thing to remember. If i download this mod, and investing lets say a douzen hours (and it was more than that) only to find a repeatable crash at some point, i might get angry, especially if that problem has occured with the last versions as well.

In addition, what i find most offending is that i was asking him to at least tell me what was causing the crash (i submitted a save). However, i got no response at all to this question.

Lastly, my former question is still valid, i have considerable doubts that this modmod is tested before being released to the public. If its unstable (and, without a doubt, is, for me and others), i would suggest releasing one 100% proof version and then building on top of it. As it is, none of the versions i tried (since 6 weeks or what ago) have been stable to me. So, yeah, thats about it. I like RoM and i guess i would like AND, but playing a large world to industrial era over and over again, it is no fun for me. There are a couple people who are bothering to poste their problems. I cant comprehend how many people are only reading it, but have ctds as well.

BUG?: No uninstall for 2.54.

Question: Does the 2.53 uninstall remove all changes done in 2.54? I would like to go back to 2.53 because I had less crashes with that version. 2.54 I am having crashes left and right. :(

Another crash....I think I might go back to 1.53.... I was simply chatting with Willem when RoM got jealous at AND and then got mad at me.

A New Dawn log:

ntdll crashes are not because of me. I would see if any graphics or windows updates need to be installed, it's a Microsoft Crash, not mine.

Not funny.

So what ? How many people are testing it ?
It doesnt really matter, because of the 4 versions of AND i have played, i was not able to finish a game on any of them. I wouldnt say the time was wasted, but it is in particulare unsatisfying to be forced to end your game time after time again. Quite a few people are posting about their cts here, so, dont blame me, but the supposed beta-testers suck donkeyballs.

I have no doubt about his intentions. However, one thing to remember. If i download this mod, and investing lets say a douzen hours (and it was more than that) only to find a repeatable crash at some point, i might get angry, especially if that problem has occured with the last versions as well.

In addition, what i find most offending is that i was asking him to at least tell me what was causing the crash (i submitted a save). However, i got no response at all to this question.

Lastly, my former question is still valid, i have considerable doubts that this modmod is tested before being released to the public. If its unstable (and, without a doubt, is, for me and others), i would suggest releasing one 100% proof version and then building on top of it. As it is, none of the versions i tried (since 6 weeks or what ago) have been stable to me. So, yeah, thats about it. I like RoM and i guess i would like AND, but playing a large world to industrial era over and over again, it is no fun for me. There are a couple people who are bothering to poste their problems. I cant comprehend how many people are only reading it, but have ctds as well.

You have issues with my mod? Great, that's your prerogative. You think it's too buggy? That's your prerogative.

But flat-out lies? I don't appreciate it. I did respond to your bug reports. I do respond to your complaints. But continuous insults are not appreciated. You are on a fast track to my ignore list. Frankly, I couldn't care less about your opinion at the moment. Most people here have found AND to be fairly stable (Come on, RoM by itself isn't exactly stable either), and I did extensive beta testing. Or was that 55 page thread in the modmod forums me just cracking jokes?

Please, be civil. Because I have no qualms in ignoring you, indefinitely.

PS. 1180 people have download AND 1.53 to date. I've gotten bug reports from less than 1% of those people.

supreme fail, this is why Windows sucks

@Ancient Sion, keep in mind that Afforess is one person, he doesn't have a team working for him, all so many companies release buggy software ala Vista, so lay off of him, he appreciates CONSTRUCTIVE criticism telling him his software sucks is bad, nstead detail what sucks so he can fix it, do you understand?

But flat-out lies? I don't appreciate it. I did respond to your bug reports. I do respond to your complaints.

Well, can i fix it too in order continue my game ? No offense, but i started 3 games cin the last 6 weeks, and after a week or two of time playing the game (every day 1-2 hours) i got a fatal crash. Now, i dont mean to press you, but i dont feel like "wasting" so much of time if i can never finish it. In addition, it would be nice if you would just tell me what the problem was, so i can find a workaround or at least know what i did wrong. Quite frankly, another douzen hours wasted doesnt fit my mind well.

When did you ever reply to this question ? This i why was so pissed. I had an error, and you only said "fixed" AFTER i inquired again. Then, even later i posted this 2 days ago. You see, its frustating for me to waste hours on hours and then dont even get a reply about what actually caused this waste.

@Afforess, I just downloaded you latest patch, un/fortunately it does not fix either of the ancient/classical era CTDs I am getting. Perhaps I have found a new one;). But first I want to play a game.

BTW Christmas was a write off as far as getting the wiki stuff done - I forgot to take my lap top with me. Which would probably have been a good thing if I hadn't also left mum's present sitting on top of it :(

@Afforess, I just downloaded you latest patch, un/fortunately it does not fix either of the ancient/classical era CTDs I am getting. Perhaps I have found a new one;). But first I want to play a game.

Time to break out the compiler? :mischief:

BTW Christmas was a write off as far as getting the wiki stuff done - I forgot to take my lap top with me. Which would probably have been a good thing if I hadn't also left mum's present sitting on top of it :(

Ouch, that sucks.

You missed lots of action here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom