Altered Maps XVI: Gerardus Mercator Must Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a larger version?

Why do Romania, Croatia and Bulgaria not have their flags on this map, like the others? :(

(Norway and Iceland too, albeit they are not EU members.)

Why do Romania, Croatia and Bulgaria not have their flags on this map, like the others? :(

(Norway and Iceland too, albeit they are not EU members.)

Only EU members have a flag and are highlighted, and it is theoretically possible that the map was made before Bulgaria and Romania joined, but more realistically the map-creator just didn't bother :D

Last edited:
I like the Russian Gollum-ish figure reaching towards eastern europe "My Precious!!!"

One thing at least is wrong with the map, Brittany is not seceding anytime this century

Quite why Galicia would secede from Spain and then unite with Portugal and Brittany is anyone's business.

Quite why Galicia would secede from Spain and then unite with Portugal and Brittany is anyone's business.

I think the colour tone is slightly different, and even if not it won't likely connote Brittany being part of over-Portugal. I mean what do you think this is, some non-serious map?

Well, given that Greece appears to have lost Rhodes and hasn't bothered to retake Cyprus, clearly it's not serious. :mischief:

Throw in some major tectonic movement in there. Scotland need to leave the UK and join Greece to become the Glorious Kingdom of Grotland! Then the world will tremble before the might of the Grottish Empire!:mwaha:
Then move the resulting landmass to the pacific to go chill with Hawaii.

Last edited:
Oh and final flaw in there, Catalunya is far more likely to secede than the Basques and Galicians.

But I admit that MegaRussia was fun to see

Saw this map prefaced as "European trigger guide 2017":

OASIS :lol:

What is the thing in Iceland?
And the flag in Bulgaria?
And the flag in Crimea is the CSA???

Also, not sure if general Mladic (spelling?) is the great serbian trigger. I suppose this just means "Serbia is to blame for all yugoslav wars/crimes".

Fyrom is triggered by its own self? :lol: (though it may be the flag they have to use, but that is their official flag anyway)

Last edited:
Why is Netherlands missing? Or is the joke that their sore-spot is the sea itself?

No
We flooded our country against the Nazi's
Worked well since the HRE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom