(APRIL FOOLS) Apolyton & CivFanatics Merging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up front, both management teams decided to not heavily mod threads about the merger. It is really the only way we can get a read on how people feel about it, and what changes may need to be made based on what's being said. This is work in progress folks. While decisions about the joint site have been made, it doesn't mean they can't be revised based on the overall comments.

And why aren't you on the staff here?

Jesus, you guys are even more riled up about this then Apolyton is! :lol:

gee, I wonder why? maybe because we are used to having a better site and not having to pay anything for it?! Maybe because Apolyton will gain much and CFC will lose much in this merger!

We are still working out what everybodies duties will be... but remember, I'm not staff... I'm a part owner of Poly :p

Well, then you've got to use your Apoly avatar. Kermit just doesn't work w/ Ming.

"Dispatch Rocket Ajax, to bring back his body!" :lol: I kill myself sometimes. :rotfl:

I hope TF listens to the will of the people.
@TF I really like CFC the why it is please don't change it.

WOW !!! 412 posts in 1 day!

Good sirs, there are two possibilities here:

1) It's a hoax, which we'll find out on April 2nd.

2) We merge, we get a sucky site, and we get to migrate somewhere else. We'll still find out on April 2nd.

Either way, you'll find out on April 2nd. If you want to rail against it or fire off AK-47s into the air, you can wait until tomorrow. It would also lower the collective forum blood pressure.

hmm, might as well git the main points this thread has brought up.
One: the name of the new site sucks. there is really no other way to put it. It has no flavor to it, and it simply dose not suit the users of CFC or 'poly'
Two: the pay-play fact of the site, which a lot of people here at CFC do not like.
Three: lack of OT and NES forums. a BIG turn off. both sites are practically OT forums. git rid of it, and you lobotomize the community at the sites. It will live. but do we want it to live in such a state.
Four: The Day it was anounced. If it is a joke, It is in VERY bad taste. there are things that you Simply do not joke about. I would akin it to putting a knife to somebody throat, then saying it was an aprial fools joke.
Five: If it's not a joke, well, it's not quite as bad. It's still in bad taste to announce it 4/1. This is a serious matter, and It needs to be taken as one from the the instant it is anounced, so we may rationally put forward our arguments, for it and aginest it. by announcing it today, a lot of us doubt it, and establishes some bad blood between us at CFC and the new forum, simply because the management DID NOT TAKE US SERIOUSLY.

Weather if the move is true or not, you have offended us.

Personaly, I am not yet decided or undicided on weater to go to Civ junction. If the NES comunity moves there, I will follow it. if it moves elsewhere, well, I follow. I am only at CFC because of NES comunity, and I rarely post outside it. My Opinion of the mods on this Site HAS gone down though.

POLY WILL ABSORB YOU.
Resistance is futile .
:assimilate:

But we must resist :ar15: :sniper:

Either way, you'll find out on April 2nd. If you want to rail against it or fire off AK-47s into the air, you can wait until tomorrow. It would also lower the collective forum blood pressure.

My blood pressure's too low anyway, so I'm in no hurry.

Need money? Let people 'buy' post counts. :p

I like the idea Apoly has where you pay some money if you want a larger avatar, etc., that would get some money from people who care about that sort of thing (bragging rights), but I guess that isn't a consistent form of income unless you have to pay it once a year or something (I don't know if that is the way it is at Apoly now).

Becoming a bigger site would generate more money from advertisements (how much more that would be I have no idea).

I see many good things that can happen with a merger, but I really don't like the paying for GOTM idea. I would barely support a merger (if the site format is mostly kept similar to CFC, especially the forum format!) , but if you can keep the free GOTM I would support the merger a whole lot more.

The amount of spam in this thread tells me that this is all an April fools joke. If this was for real TF and the mods would be deleting the spam and handing out warnings. Thunderfall has only posted once in this thread. I have never in all my time here seen him post a thread and just leave it to it's own devices.
Sorry about that. My laptop broke at the most inopportune time, and I spent the whole day restoring Windows, backup data, and reinstalling programs. :(

I have read the threads and understand everyone's concerns. Lots of you are overreacting though. Much of the details are still being discussed, and I'll have more info about it tomorrow... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom