Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Will You Watch?

• No

• Yes, Live

• Yes, afterwards

• I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just want to say that I am glad you were right about her and I was wrong.
@Kyriakos was certainly right about her not making it down the stretch, but about her taking out Biden... not so much :sad:

TBF I was wrong on both counts... I definitely expected her to do better, and I thought she hobbled Biden... but he endures... and is still leading comfortably

Her impact on him was pretty insignificant. She clowned on him in one debate but that didn't seem to stick.

Biden is like that old comfy chair in your living room that if you put your nose up close it smells disgusting but it's heavy to move & what could go in it's place, so yeah lets just keep it I guess.

Harris is like a new dog who pisses on said chair and her antics are cute for about a week and then she just gets really annoying so you bring her back to the shelter.

This analogy isn't as funny...

Also... you don't need to say "lernaean" hydra, everybody knows wtf the Hydra is Kyr… sheesh. :p

There sort of were more than one hydras :p The one with many heads and particularly the ability to regenerate (and multiply) heads, and the central one being immortal, was in the town of Lerna.

I have little interest in the debates. I’m quite apathetic when it comes in regards to US politics.

Kamala screwed up, she tied Biden to racists with his opposition to forced busing and then admitted she opposes it too...Then Tulsi dismantled her claim to fame as California's top cop.

Tonight is another Democratic debate at 8pm ET. It will be broadcast by PBS and CNN and you can stream it on the PBS Newshour website and NYTimes.com.

This debate only features 7 candidates (thank god but still too high!) and they are:
  • Andrew Yang
  • Pete Buttigieg
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Joe Biden
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Tom Steyer

Tonight is another Democratic debate at 8pm ET. It will be broadcast by PBS and CNN and you can stream it on the PBS Newshour website and NYTimes.com.

This debate only features 7 candidates (thank god but still too high!) and they are:
  • Andrew Yang
  • Pete Buttigieg
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Joe Biden
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Tom Steyer
Hopefully Biden will drop out soon :ack:

Hopefully Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Steyer, Warren, Blumberg, Bennet, Booker, Patrick, and Delaney will all drop out soon. I wish it would come town to Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang, Julian Castro, and maybe Marianne Williamson.

Hopefully Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Steyer, Warren, Blumberg, Bennet, Booker, Patrick, and Delaney will all drop out soon. I wish it would come town to Bernie Sanders, Tulsi Gabbard, Andrew Yang, Julian Castro, and maybe Marianne Williamson.
I'd trust Warren a hair more than Castro but otherwise I'd be happy with that list.

I'd be happy if Cloudbootjar and Stayer Steyer would drop off the debate stage at the very least.

I'd trust Warren a hair more than Castro but otherwise I'd be happy with that list.

I'd be happy if Cloudbootjar and Stayer Steyer would drop off the debate stage at the very least.

I probably would not vote for Castro but he has some good ideas that should get more attention. I'd hope he would get a chance to push other candidates in that direction, or at least make them look more moderate and Trump way too extreme.

(I am personally still leaning most towards Tulsi Gabbard because of the importance of foreign policy, but wish she was better on immigration.)

I support Open Borders (with no limits on the number of immigrants, no visas, work permits, residency permits, etc., required for anyone, but still some basic background checks and citizenship tests for those who later wish to be naturalized) and would prefer a candidate brave enough to do so too, but realize that no one in either major party is likely to do so anytime soon. Castro is the best on this issue even though he does not go far enough. Making illegal border crossings only ever be civil offenses rather than criminal is a step in the right direction, and would make it impossible for future presidents to separate children from parents and run concentration camps like Obama did a little bit and Trump had done a lot.

I definitely agree with him on the need to abolish Qualified Immunity for police officers so that bad cops can be held personally responsible for their actions instead of being shielded by the state and having taxpayers pay off any settlements for actions like cops killing unarmed black men.

I think I am more on board with his "Libertarian Paternalism" style policy of having everyone automatically enrolled in Medicare for All unless they choose to opt out to take a private plan, as opposed to either forbidding private competitors or having a public option that requires one to qualify or even just opt in. (I personally would prefer letting people opt out even if they just want to be uninsured rather than getting private insurance, so long as giving them decent coverage is the default option. Most people face too many decisions in life and would prefer the low stress option of trusting that default is fine and not actively making any more decisions than necessary. Similarly I'd prefer making organ donations an opt-out rather than opt-in system.)

Biden is especially incoherent tonight.

Buttigieg went for everyone's throat and is visibly angry. I don't think his attacks have gone over well as they've been relatively easily deflected. He had some zingers but got dunked on in turn at least as often.

PBS has avoided pitted them against each other for the most part but have been too permissive with time, especially in favor of Warren. She's my favorite but damn a couple of times she's waived off the moderator by saying 'I want to finish this' and continuing to talk for another 30 seconds. The moderators let the others do this too but have a real soft spot for Warren.

Why does Biden have to answer every question like he's mad?

I love how Warren talks about children using the word babies. It's folksy.

Yang really knows how to sell UBI. He really drives home the point that it's a matter of human dignity and intrinsic worth. On the other hand, the way he winks/snaps his fingers at the crowd to trigger an applause is really off putting to me.

Top Bottom